• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tea Party Convention

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
And yes, I think Obama is an absolute joke of a President. He's right up there with Bush. I could stomach Clinton more readily than either Bush or Obama - at least Clinton didn't even try to HIDE the fact that he was there for the party.

And I don't mean the Democrat Party. I just mean party in general. I can relate to that - though the whole stain on the little dress thing was a bit too much information.

A

angellous_evangellous

The tea party, (taxed enough already) is going to get CONSERVATIVES not Republicans to rally around the base. They will get the Blue Dogs to join them and kick out the RINOS (republican in name only).

The tea party is far right of the republicans. It is a grass roots movement not AstroTurf. The left tries to portray them as bat poop crazy, when for the most part, they are patriotic good hearted people who have every right to be conservative.

It is their goal to win as many mid term elections and take over the majority of the house and senate.

With the inability of the Republican party to produce a leader incapable of complete sentences, I seriously doubt they will gain much ground.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I have been actively supporting the libertarian party for years. I have been disgusted with Republicans for the past 8 years - but even more disgusted in the past 8 months with Obama's administration.

I guess everyone has their tipping point. Cap and Trade and the Healthdcare fiasco were what pushed me over the edge.

So, again, you decided to go to anti-Obama, not anti-government rallies?

What specifically are your problems with Cap and Trade and the healthcare "fiasco"?

And yes, I think Obama is an absolute joke of a President.

I'm glad you gave him at least 1/4 of a term before deciding that. It's nice to know that you've already written him off despite him being in office for another 3 years, and possibly accomplishing a lot of good things.

Kathryn

So, again, you decided to go to anti-Obama, not anti-government rallies?

What specifically are your problems with Cap and Trade and the healthcare "fiasco"?

I'm glad you gave him at least 1/4 of a term before deciding that. It's nice to know that you've already written him off despite him being in office for another 3 years, and possibly accomplishing a lot of good things.

There weren't any anti-government rallies anywhere around me till this year - and by the way, the majority of the people I coordinate with rally-wise are anti-Big Government more so than anti Obama.

The best predictor of a person's future performance is his past performance. I see nothing much more than good speech-making skills in Obama's past performance. I don't see many credentials that qualify him to be President of the United States.

As for Cap and Trade and healthcare reform and my issues with both, I've covered both extensively on other threads in this forum. Feel free to look those up - but I'm not going to repeat all that here. Besides being a pretty boring and worn out topic, I'm sick and will be going to bed soon.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
There weren't any anti-government rallies anywhere around me till this year - and by the way, the majority of the people I coordinate with rally-wise are anti-Big Government more so than anti Obama.

Let's be honest here. The Tea Parties are anti-Obama rallies. That's their point more than anything else.

The best predictor of a person's future performance is his past performance. I see nothing much more than good speech-making skills in Obama's past performance. I don't see many credentials that qualify him to be President of the United States.

Really, it's nice to know you won't even give him half a term to make a decision.

As for Cap and Trade and healthcare reform and my issues with both, I've covered both extensively on other threads in this forum. Feel free to look those up - but I'm not going to repeat all that here.

I'll tell you what. I'll start a thread for you, and you can briefly sum them up.

Besides being a pretty boring and worn out topic, I'm sick and will be going to bed soon.

Shocker! The old "this is boring" nonsense! I never would have guessed I'd hear that from you. :rolleyes:

Kathryn

Don't bother to start another thread on either of the topics for ME, mball - I've already written page after page on them and yes - I'm bored with repeating myself.

Don't you ever get bored with repeating yourself? Oops, I guess not.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Don't bother to start another thread on either of the topics for ME, mball - I've already written page after page on them and yes - I'm bored with repeating myself.

Don't you ever get bored with repeating yourself? Oops, I guess not.

Got it. So, you're not tired of repeating yourself when it comes to saying things like "I have problems with cap and trade and healthcare reform", but you're tired and bored of the subject all of a sudden when someone wants specifics. Good to know.

Smoke

Done here.
And I don't mean the Democrat Party. I just mean party in general. I can relate to that - though the whole stain on the little dress thing was a bit too much information.
The most memorable detail of that for me is that Monica gave that dress to her mother for safe keeping. Her mother must have been so proud.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
With the inability of the Republican party to produce a leader incapable of complete sentences, I seriously doubt they will gain much ground.

Ever heard of a state called Massachusetts?
Or Virginia?
Or South Carolina?

Nevada will be interesting, poor Harry.

I would like to hear Barack complete a sentence without a teleprompter or a "UH" in it. :angel2:

A

angellous_evangellous

Ever heard of a state called Massachusetts?
Or Virginia?
Or South Carolina?

Nevada will be interesting, poor Harry.

I would like to hear Barack complete a sentence without a teleprompter or a "UH" in it. :angel2:

Yes, I've heard of the Republican victories. I'm deeply disappointed with the lack of passion from the Democrats... it seems like they made the same mistake that the Republicans made in 2008 - they played dead in states that they thought were golden. A massive failure that could completely destroy the United States.

Very sad that Americans hate themselves so much to do something so destructive.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Yes, I've heard of the Republican victories. I'm deeply disappointed with the lack of passion from the Democrats... it seems like they made the same mistake that the Republicans made in 2008 - they played dead in states that they thought were golden. A massive failure that could completely destroy the United States.

You mean not understand all the accents?

Love

Dallas

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member

Imagine how bad Ted Kennedy would feel if he was still alive. :facepalm:

dust1n

Zindīq

Yeah they weren't any protests directly towards Bush, the war, globalization, exploitation of migrant farmers, bailouts, and privatization of public works that weren't majorly radical leftists who outnumbered the nation-wide turnout of the tea parties within single cities. Not at all. Nor are there any at all who travel to other countries specifically to protest the sphere of influence their own countries corporations in that particular country. Doesn't happen. Hasn't always happened.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I find it remarkable that they speak of lower taxes, which we got. Obama did indeed cut taxes for many. They speak of anti-big government, but Bush inflated the government size to near dictatorship. Also, Sarah Palin was reported to have charged $100,000 dollars to speak. If she is so concerned, then why such a price tag? Another issue I have with them is the Tea Party is for-profit. They even had a ticket price for the national convention. Sounds more like another money grubbing political group than a the so-called "grass roots" origins they claim to have.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/07/us/politics/08palin.html

Last edited:
The Tea Party movement finally had their large official convention. You can read about it, here. The scary thing is that the Tea Party movement is transforming itself into a serious political force instead of a bunch of crazy people shouting in the streets; as President Obama so elegantly put it, "You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig." What amazes me or not is that the Tea Party people really think they are fighting for a non-partisan agenda, when all they are really doing is working to get the Republican party back in power. You thought Republicans were going to sit around and do nothing after 8-years of power?
I think this is not the right attitude. The people in the Tea Party movement -- and I mean just the average people -- should be the allies of progressives in many ways. They want retirement, they want affordable medical care, and they want the govt. to be more democratic. They hate the big bank bailouts and the collusion of government with big business. A lot of them aren't so fond of the Republicans. If they have been frightened into advocating against their own interests it is because the Left has been satisfied being elitist and mocking, has been itself duped into unquestioning loyalty to the Democratic party, and has failed to reach regular people.

What I said was a *little* harsh.... the Left did obviously reach a lot of regular people, the election of 2008 proved that. We need to reach the particular old, white segment which seems to dominate the Tea Party crowd. ;)

dust1n

Zindīq
What I said was a *little* harsh.... the Left did obviously reach a lot of regular people, the election of 2008 proved that. We need to reach the particular old, white segment which seems to dominate the Tea Party crowd. ;)

I was about to say that anarchists relate to libertarians more than the Left do. Libertarians are almost a death strangle on government. Anarchism is that death strangle. Personal freedoms are very important. But a lot of anarchist realize that if money did not exist, economic equality would be an inevitable existence. Everyone would be decentralized and working for their own community. Direct Democracy could actually take place. Libertarians and anarchists are on a similar direction. Not all leftists are elitist hipster ********** just like not all right-wingers are all racist, heartless fascists.

Smoke

Done here.
A lot of them aren't so fond of the Republicans. If they have been frightened into advocating against their own interests it is because the Left has been satisfied being elitist and mocking, has been itself duped into unquestioning loyalty to the Democratic party, and has failed to reach regular people.
I keep saying this over and over, here and elsewhere, but if the Democrats don't learn to communicate as effectively as the Republicans, they might as well hang up their cleats. I'm not talking about lying and distorting as the Republicans do; I'm talking about getting your message out in a way that engages people.

Or maybe the problem is that they don't have a message. If that's the case, the problem is even more basic.

Either way, you have to give people a reason to vote for you. The fact that you're intelligent and have good intentions doesn't mean squat. People sometimes say they vote for character, not issues, but what that really comes down to is that they vote for the candidate who can engage them. The Democrats must all drive automatic transmissions, because most of the time they couldn't engage a clutch.