• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrorist attack in Paris: 12 dead, 7 injured

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Doctor Evil, my boss. ;)
Ah ha!
Gotcha!
th

Flankerl

According to France24 the police has now advised all Jewish Shops in Paris to close right now.

The Metro at Trocadero has resumed its service. A false alarm.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
oldbadger, I literally had my life threatened by jihadee types in London who were openly showing their colors and bias. There are a lot of them there.

Actually, perhaps I should ask, any members of Al Queda in France here on RF?

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Hostage freed... the two Islamic terrorists have taken out dead (not confirmed). At the other location, it looks like that is over, too.... the Kosher hostage situation seems over, as well. Ambulances all over the Kosher grocery store... they say one hostage "walked away"...

I hope they got at least one Islamic terrorist for interogation. Islamic terrorists have many languages.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
And it hasn't occurred to you that suppression of free speech is exactly what these murderous religious fascists are trying to achieve?
Wow Spiney, I hardly recognised you. :)
Yes of course that is what they want, so? Are we not told from a primary age, do not tease. Yet when we are adults, and people lives are at stake (and we know that) it's fine!?

Robert.Evans

I'm not sure that speech in much of Europe is that free.
Holocaust denial is rightly illegal. Hate speech is illegal. Ireland has Blasphemy laws. In one Irish case a radio journalist was recently censured because he expressed support for gay marriage.
Quite right. I think the two ideas have got mixed, the one freedom of speech and the other freedom of the press. I think they are perhaps using the first and meaning the second.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
One thing that strikes me as we learn the good news that almost all except 4 hostages were freed, is really how pathetic losers these Islamic terrorists are.

I mean, they go into a school and mass murder over 120 children in Pakistan and they think they are so macho or something? These people are not real men, they are little twerts with a big fat mouth who hit easy targets. Then you have the weirdos blaming France for this terrorism, I wasn't aware France invaded Pakistan.

Then take these pathetic peanut brains in the Paris terrorist attack. Big mouth macho crap, they go in with AK-47's and take out an easy target and mass murder 12 comic book cartoonists. Boy, what a macho war they are fighting. Then they got their "bro" with his freaky fraulein side-kick, takes hostages in a Kosher grocery store (boy, what machos - pathetic) and he's mouthing off in French "if the police attack my brothers I will kill these women and kids I got" ... then flash bangs, both places hit, the Islamic terrorists taken out at once, 4 hostages dead.

These "people", trained in Yemen, sure, they can shoot up some easy target but basically couldn't take on the Paris forces anymore than they could take on the Boy Scouts of America if the scouts were armed.

"I killed 4 unarmed people shopping for bread" says the worm as he stands before "Allah"... He thinks he is macho? Brave? God says to him, "Well buddy, I can tell you who is going to win the war".

They are going to conquer the West? Are you kidding me?

I guess the freaky fraulein is still running around somewhere. Let's go get her.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Yes of course that is what they want, so?

So we must never be intimidated by thugs of any variety. As for teasing, I think it's a sign of a mature religion that it can laugh at itself. You could make jokes about Buddha all day, I might get a bit irritated after a while, but I'm not going to start murdering people over it. That's the point, surely.

Robert.Evans

So we must never be intimidated by thugs of any variety. As for teasing, I think it's a sign of a mature religion that it can laugh at itself. You could make jokes about Buddha all day, I might get a bit irritated after a while, but I'm not going to start murdering people over it. That's the point, surely.
Sure. I agree. But we are imperfect expressions of the divine. And if you ever read the OT you will see it is not good to annoy him. That is the way it is. That is why we see what we see now. People ignore that and so it continues.

Anyway, ridculing people through satire, is that not being ''intimdated by thugs''?

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Not really, it's called respect. It is a shame that there is a need
I have no problem with the idea of respect. My problem is a practical one - who gets do decide what ideas are deserving of respect. On balance I think it best to allow people express themselves and let ideas stand or fall on their own merits without the protection of the law. On the other hand I will immediately contradict myself by re-stating my view that it is wholly correct that holocaust denial be illegal.