• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrorist attack in Paris: 12 dead, 7 injured

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
These monsters apparently can't make it that far, and doing everything you can to appease them isn't civilization, it's surrender.

I sense a complete inability and unwillingness to compromise on behalf of the jihadists and fundamentalists.

I also sense it's going to get very ugly.

Wirey

Fartist
I sense a complete inability and unwillingness to compromise on behalf of the jihadists and fundamentalists.

I also sense it's going to get very ugly.

Our society has compromised. It's called freedom of religion, and freedom of expression. We can say any damn fool thing we like and believe in whichever Magic Sky Wizard we want as long as these statements and beliefs don't cause harm. If we allow some nut with a gun to shut us up because his version of the Invisible Avenger isn't photogenic, we've given away the basis of our society.

And stop calling me ugly. My Mom says I'm beautiful on the inside, kinda.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
It is not that simple though is it. if you look at BinLadin when he was alive on Youtube, he spoke of America's lousy foreign policies with the east. That is the start. The start WE see was 9/11. Since then we the west have gone into Iraq, an illegal war. People do not like being bombed or having others occupy their land, especially by force. On top of that, we seem to have a huge disregard for other countries which are not western... take that film about the Korean. Is anyone going to make a film about k-lling Obama or his wife? I doubt it! So why not? Freedom of speech! Let's have a laugh! Then on top of that, we ridicule them and there prophet. Now this is not in a time of peace, this is in a time of war. Look at it from their perspective: we have killed with bombs innocent people there as well as guilty. Don't you think there will be a back lash? There will be. And when you get into that mindset of ''them and us'' it is easy to do these things.

It will not stop until we stop thinking they are somehow less than us. It will not stop until we respect them better. It will not stop until we stop killing them. This might go on for generations, let alone years more.

Sad, that as a human race, we learn nothing. We had the Great war WW1, the ''war to end all wars'', and no sooner had we said that, than we were fighting WW11. Since then, we haven't stopped.

I thought with Obama we had someone who would talk and not fight, but he seems no better. We have to find another way! You cannot oppress people and think they will do nothing.
You cannot send your own troops in as if they are just cannon fodder. If we want to stop terrorism in our respective countries, then we separate those who are not of the main religion of the nation. This is not rocket science. But instead, it appears that we would rather have a multicultural society and then bomb the very people we have just let in, knowing full well they will stick together and fight. It is senseless, completely senseless.
The people we're talking about in this thread, are apparently people who think it's okay to kill someone for drawing a cartoon they don't like - they attacked a satirical news organization that did just that. That should never be okay.

Christopher Hitchens can respond much more eloquently than I:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Civilization is the ability to live as a group. These monsters apparently can't make it that far.....
I disagree. They can & do live in groups....the kind where threat of violence enforces uniformity of thought & behavior. It just isn't very compatible with western countries....even France.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Then why aren't they being done?
You tell me.
Come out of their countries, stop bombing them, stop shooting them, stop have illegal wars, stop ridiculing them.... you tell me why it is not being done. Some of them are fighting a war, I think perhaps we forget that.

MD

qualiaphile
Hasn't that mostly happened now? I get the feeling that these jihadists are going to keep going even when they run out of excuses, so what do the western democracies do now? How to respond?

Use any means necessary to extract information on whom the backers of this act were and then execute these perpetrators after information is retrieved. Engage in a full blown ideological war with any country which supports extremism, dismantling and destroying their ideologies completely through espionage, disinformation and cyber warfare. Deport or execute radicals and imprison Islamist liberal sympathizers.

It's time for the rise of the Right.

Wirey

Fartist
Use any means necessary to extract information on whom the backers of this act were and then execute these perpetrators after information is retrieved. Engage in a full blown ideological war with any country which supports extremism, dismantling and destroying their ideologies completely through espionage, disinformation and cyber warfare. Deport or execute radicals and imprison Islamist liberal sympathizers.

Or, we could not act exactly like they do.

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
Would be nice if we could split a good Bordeaux with some gruyere and a baguette.

Darn, I just drooled all over my keyboard! :(
Yummm....I think i need a nice German Grolsch....und a bratwurst....!!!

Last edited:

Bunyip

pro scapegoat

So fight extremism by becoming the ultimate extremist? No, sounds like a really bad idea to me. It is exactly the kind of thinking that created this problem in the first place.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
The people we're talking about in this thread, are apparently people who think it's okay to kill someone for drawing a cartoon they don't like - they attacked a satirical news organization that did just that. That should never be okay.

Christopher Hitchens can respond much more eloquently than I:
You are right, people should not kill for such things, but they should not kill anyway.
But as you show the vid from the late Hitchen, I need to say that it is not religion that is responsible for this, but the politics of religion. Politics is always the problem. It is that that takes us into war, and has done now. People can believe whatever, that is unimportant; but it is important what they do with their believes, just as the communist atheist did in the past; and who would want that to return.

As a passerby said in america when stopped by a tv crew, ''They must really hate us to fly planes into buildings''. Wise words I think. Perhaps we should have stopped and listened to him, instead of fighting two wars, one of which was illegal, but a good way to get an oil line in according to RT news (if I recall correctly).

You can't continually abuse people and think there will be no retaliation, whether we accept their actions or not. Why don't we all just grow up a bit and put down our weapons. i have heard one of the cartoonists say in France that 'the will continue on with their cartoons' or words to that effect. So we have learnt nothing again! And so the sorry story of the human race continues.

Flankerl

There seems to have been another shooting in Paris. It might be the same guy as yesterday.

He has taken hostages inside a kosher grocery shop.

Meanwhile the two brothers seem to be holed up inside a print shop with one hostage.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member

Sounds a bit like a stormfront billboard.