• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrorist attack in Paris: 12 dead, 7 injured

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
What French products are world class...other than wine and cheese...???...they have a tourist based economy...!!!....and they are highly nationalistic.....perhaps second only to....Germany....!!!

Metis...I know you have French heritage....that will be conflicting....;)
Canadian French out of Quebec mixed with plenty of Amerindian-- we're still "savages", you know, and have little in common with those pretentious "frogs" that live across the "pond". ;)

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Absolutely. A couple of Muslims have expressed their condemnation in this thread, and I much appreciate that. But a few more would have been nice.
Perhaps, being reasonably good people and decent citizens, they do not feel that they owe you that expression and are a bit contemptuous of the fact tat you seem to think otherwise. If so, I agree with them.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Perhaps, being reasonably good people and decent citizens, they do not feel that they owe you that expression and are a bit contemptuous of the fact tat you seem to think otherwise.

Whatever. Moderate Muslims need to condemn these barbaric acts, and here is one place to do it.

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
Canadian French out of Quebec mixed with plenty of Amerindian-- we're still "savages", you know, and have little in common with those pretentious "frogs" that live across the "pond". ;)
Hehe...I forgot you were from the Canadian side.....:)......don't get me wrong.....I love fine French wine and cheese......but they are currently the most reactionary country in Europe.....and that is not ok....:(

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Hehe...I forgot you were from the Canadian side.....:)......don't get me wrong.....I love fine French wine and cheese......but they are currently the most reactionary country in Europe.....and that is not ok....:(
Would be nice if we could split a good Bordeaux with some gruyere and a baguette.

Darn, I just drooled all over my keyboard! :(

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
How about, don't kill people just because you don't like what they have to say about something. Is that difficult?

The problem lies with people who feel like being offended is reason enough to kill a bunch of people.
It is not that simple though is it. if you look at BinLadin when he was alive on Youtube, he spoke of America's lousy foreign policies with the east. That is the start. The start WE see was 9/11. Since then we the west have gone into Iraq, an illegal war. People do not like being bombed or having others occupy their land, especially by force. On top of that, we seem to have a huge disregard for other countries which are not western... take that film about the Korean. Is anyone going to make a film about k-lling Obama or his wife? I doubt it! So why not? Freedom of speech! Let's have a laugh! Then on top of that, we ridicule them and there prophet. Now this is not in a time of peace, this is in a time of war. Look at it from their perspective: we have killed with bombs innocent people there as well as guilty. Don't you think there will be a back lash? There will be. And when you get into that mindset of ''them and us'' it is easy to do these things.

It will not stop until we stop thinking they are somehow less than us. It will not stop until we respect them better. It will not stop until we stop killing them. This might go on for generations, let alone years more.

Sad, that as a human race, we learn nothing. We had the Great war WW1, the ''war to end all wars'', and no sooner had we said that, than we were fighting WW11. Since then, we haven't stopped.

I thought with Obama we had someone who would talk and not fight, but he seems no better. We have to find another way! You cannot oppress people and think they will do nothing.
You cannot send your own troops in as if they are just cannon fodder. If we want to stop terrorism in our respective countries, then we separate those who are not of the main religion of the nation. This is not rocket science. But instead, it appears that we would rather have a multicultural society and then bomb the very people we have just let in, knowing full well they will stick together and fight. It is senseless, completely senseless.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
How about, don't kill people just because you don't like what they have to say about something. Is that difficult?

The problem lies with people who feel like being offended is reason enough to kill a bunch of people.
It is not that simple though is it. if you look at BinLadin when he was alive on Youtube, he spoke of America's lousy foreign policies with the east. That is the start. The start WE see was 9/11. Since then we the west have gone into Iraq, an illegal war. People do not like being bombed or having others occupy their land, especially by force. On top of that, we seem to have a huge disregard for other countries which are not western... take that film about the Korean. Is anyone going to make a film about k-lling Obama or his wife? I doubt it! So why not? Freedom of speech! Let's have a laugh! Then on top of that, we ridicule them and there prophet. Now this is not in a time of peace, this is in a time of war. Look at it from their perspective: we have killed with bombs innocent people there as well as guilty. Don't you think there will be a back lash? There will be. And when you get into that mindset of ''them and us'' it is easy to do these things.

It will not stop until we stop thinking they are somehow less than us. It will not stop until we respect them better. It will not stop until we stop killing them. This might go on for generations, let alone years more.

Sad, that as a human race, we learn nothing. We had the Great war WW1, the ''war to end all wars'', and no sooner had we said that, than we were fighting WW11. Since then, we haven't stopped.

I thought with Obama we had someone who would talk and not fight, but he seems no better. We have to find another way! You cannot oppress people and think they will do nothing.
You cannot send your own troops in as if they are just cannon fodder. If we want to stop terrorism in our respective countries, then we separate those who are not of the main religion of the nation. This is not rocket science. But instead, it appears that we would rather have a multicultural society and then bomb the very people we have just let in, knowing full well they will stick together and fight. It is senseless, completely senseless.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
They do and they have … repeatedly.

Not loudly or repeatedly enough for me. Nowhere near enough, and certainly not in the UK. The problem is that if moderate Muslims don't loudly condemn these outrages people begin to wonder if they condone them.

And of course that element of doubt plays straight into the hands of right-wing groups.

Last edited by a moderator:

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
If Buddhists in the UK were carrying out terrorist acts I feel would it very much my responsibility to do something about it.
And there is nothing wrong with that. There is, however, something wrong with forcing that view onto others. You are not guilty by association. But if you wish to denounce the actions of others in your group, then more power to you.

Wirey

Fartist
A "city" is a type of settlement, in which thousands of people live in close proximity in very artificial shelters. Three caves isn't even a village.

Unless, of course, Western Civilization is the only civilization to have ever existed throughout history.

That's semantics. Civilization is the ability to live as a group. These monsters apparently can't make it that far, and doing everything you can to appease them isn't civilization, it's surrender.