• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas Republican Amendment Would Prevent Democrats from Winning ANY State Offices

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
They would have to secede from the US if they want to violate the US Constitution. What sort of government restraints would they instill if they did secede? Minimal?
Please. Texans don't want to secede from the Union any more than any of the other 49 states that have petitioned to secede. Sorry.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Why does the word "delusional" come to mind?
Not delusional at all.

I would say smart and well grounded in reality, and if and when I get an opportunity, I'm getting the hell out of the People's Republic of New York as well.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Please. Texans don't want to secede from the Union any more than any of the other 49 states that have petitioned to secede. Sorry.
from the Texas GOP Party Platform, page 6:

33. State Sovereignty: Pursuant to Article 1, Section 1, of the Texas Constitution, the federal government has impaired our right of local self-government. Therefore, federally mandated legislation that infringes upon the 10th Amendment rights of Texas shall be ignored, opposed, refused, and nullified. Texas retains the right to secede from the United States, and the Texas Legislature should be called upon to pass a referendum consistent thereto.​

Kathryn

from the Texas GOP Party Platform, page 6:

33. State Sovereignty: Pursuant to Article 1, Section 1, of the Texas Constitution, the federal government has impaired our right of local self-government. Therefore, federally mandated legislation that infringes upon the 10th Amendment rights of Texas shall be ignored, opposed, refused, and nullified. Texas retains the right to secede from the United States, and the Texas Legislature should be called upon to pass a referendum consistent thereto.​
Retaining the right to do so is not the same thing as wanting to do so. Most Texans do not want to do so.

crossfire

Premium Member
Retaining the right to do so is not the same thing as wanting to do so. Most Texans do not want to do so.
Part of the Texas GOP party platform is pass such a referendum. Whether that referendum is to nullify federally mandated legislation that infringes on 10th Amendment rights and/or the right to secede or both is not clearly specified. **shrugs**

Kathryn

Part of the Texas GOP party platform is pass such a referendum. Whether that referendum is to nullify federally mandated legislation that infringes on 10th Amendment rights and/or the right to secede or both is not clearly specified. **shrugs**
Like I have said repeatedly, most Texans do not want to secede from the Union. In spite of it being a GOP state.

crossfire

Premium Member
Like I have said repeatedly, most Texans do not want to secede from the Union.
Indeed. Do you think the Texas GOP might try to use the majority of counties-only scheme to try to push it through?

Kathryn

Indeed. Do you think the Texas GOP might try to use the majority of counties-only scheme to try to push it through?
I sincerely doubt it. especially since most Texans are opposed to it. Like nearly 70 -percent of Texans.

Kathryn

Alright, stay apathetic, or wherever you wish to remain on the spectrum between vigilance and apathy.
I'm not apathetic at all. I am going to go vote. I am simply writing in a name since the vote is definitely already going one way in my area. If that changes I will choose the lesser of the two evils.

I'm already doing more than many people are doing.