• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Texas Republican Amendment Would Prevent Democrats from Winning ANY State Offices

F1fan

Veteran Member
As long as democrats remember how to stuff vans with fake ballots and deliver them at 3 in the morning I’m sure you guys will be just fine.
MAGA hero Rudy Guliani was sued for making such bogus claims against election workers and lost millions. I jeep expecting MAGAs to at least have learned there was no fraud by now.

Well, actually there was election fraud committed by Trump, Guliani, and dozens of other MAGAs. MAGA lawyer Jena Ellis has a three year suspension of her law license for her part in the Georgia fraud. And now she faces new charges in Arizona. So be careful who you are accusing of cheating.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yes, and keep in mind that the Electoral College is only for electing the Prez. The people elect the House, the states send the Senators and for POTUS it's a mix, facilitated through the EC.
Texas wants to rob the people of all voting power and give it to the counties.
No. It's for fair representation just like it is on the national level.

As long as it goes through a state convention there is nothing illegal about it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
MAGA hero Rudy Guliani was sued for making such bogus claims against election workers and lost millions. I jeep expecting MAGAs to at least have learned there was no fraud by now.

Well, actually there was election fraud committed by Trump, Guliani, and dozens of other MAGAs. MAGA lawyer Jena Ellis has a three year suspension of her law license for her part in the Georgia fraud. And now she faces new charges in Arizona. So be careful who you are accusing of cheating.
Democrats engage in election fraud just as much. I hope I don't have to post examples to prove what you already know.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Democrats engage in election fraud just as much.
This is your claim, where's the evidence? None? OK, we throw it out.

So far no one has risen to the level of fraud like Trump and his coconspirators.
I hope I don't have to post examples to prove what you already know.
This is a debate forum, not Truth Social where you can post disinformation and get a thousand likes. You need to support your biased, right wing rhetoric. Oh, you can't? So why bother making yourslef look more foolish?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

Want more?
Oh cool, one guy trying to get his partner's name on a primary ballot for governor.
Lock him up if he broke the law!

Now show us something that equates to Trump and his co-conspirators actions before, on and after January 6th.

Last edited:

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

Want more?

Yes, for each one of the one side match it with one from the other and then note if one side runs out, but not the other.

I trust you to be able to do that, so go ahead.
So you start with 2 Republican and one Democrat to get even and then go from there.

Clizby Wampuscat

Of course he does. His vote will count nationally instead of just in his state. If his state has 80% of citizens voting republican his vote won't matter either even if the republican wins nationally. Only a national popular vote will make invidual votes mean something.

It's just that the obsolete Electoral College system gives an advantage to republicans since they can't muster popular wins. Bad policies, bad candidates.
No it was a direct correlation to your comment.

The electoral college was devised to make sure each state had a say in the process. The founders dismissed popular vote because they knew it would reduce the states powers and say in our governmental system.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

The electoral college was devised to make sure each state had a say in the process. The founders dismissed popular vote because they knew it would reduce the states powers and say in our governmental system.

Yeah, but you could keep that and change the weight of the less populated states in the currect system.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member

Actually, it was so that candidates would not just concentrate on campaigning in large cities to get their majority. With the advent of the internet, only those in areas so remote that there is no internet available are disadvantaged, as campaign speeches and such can easily be found on the internet.

This scheme Texas is cooking up would allow as little as 1.55% to hold a "majority." See post #59.

Clizby Wampuscat

Actually, it was so that candidates would not just concentrate on campaigning in large cities to get their majority. With the advent of the internet, only those in areas so remote that there is no internet available are disadvantaged, as campaign speeches and such can easily be found on the internet.
That was some people's concern. Seems like there were various reasons the decided on the electoral college.
This scheme Texas is cooking up would allow as little as 1.55% to hold a "majority." See post #59.
I don't agree with "scheme". And it is not texas but the texas GOP.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Why do that? It is based on population already.

There was a change in the 1930s if I get the area right. It changed the number for how many representatives there can be in the house.
The effect is that lower population states need fewer people per representatives they can elect.
So there is a bias in the way the electoral collage work already, but it got larger due to how the representatives are allocated to states now.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
That was some people's concern. Seems like there were various reasons the decided on the electoral college.

I don't agree with "scheme". And it is not texas but the texas GOP.
Agreed, I think the GOP Texans in favor of autocrats would be the only ones who would agree to such a thing.