• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 50th Article Has Been Triggered

Altfish

Veteran Member
This man - Michael Heseltine: Germany will 'win the peace' because of Brexit - seems to be modelling himself on this man - Lord Haw-Haw - Wikipedia

I hope he is not privy to government tactics.

Margaret Thatcher had him weighed up all those years ago and he has been bitter ever since.

Unfortunately, he is not the only one amongst us that could harm their country.

I heard something yesterday that went something like this.

‘The Remoaners have been likened to a bunch of passengers on a plane that they believe is heading for the wrong destination and they are hoping that it will crash before it gets there.’
Posts like this just reinforces Greased Scotsman and my opinions.

How on earth do they expect us to 'come on board' if all they do is moan.

It is like a team that has won the Cup Final complaining about an off-side decision. YOU HAVE THE CUP - now win the peace and bring us all these benefits that we have been promised.
That's how you'll shut us up... by showing us the benefits.

I'm waiting with baited breath

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I deeply believe that the case of Brexit has clearly showed to the world that the EU stands for the tangible destruction of the most fundamental principles of International Law, like sovereignty and Independence of states.
The concept of sovereign state (which is the the foundation of European identity) has been definitively vilified in Europe.
When a supranational entity wants to replace itself to states, states don't exist any more. The two things are juridically incompatible. I also understand that the sovereign state (whose exclusive goal is the common good of its people) is a huge obstacle to the economic interests of a certain élite that the EU technocrats blindly serve.

Do you sincerely believe there won't be an elite taking advantage of Brexit ?

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
I heard something yesterday that went something like this.

‘The Remoaners have been likened to a bunch of passengers on a plane that they believe is heading for the wrong destination and they are hoping that it will crash before it gets there.’

Pointing out that the pilot's decision to put the plane into a nose dive will result in a crash is not the same thing as wanting the plane to crash.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Here is another one.

'You want Brexit to FAIL!' Farron SHREDDED by Andrew Neil over call for second referendum

The comments prompted host Neil to thunder: “You need the Brexit talks to fail, don’t you? You want them to fail.”

Neil retorted: “Surely your position is you want them to fail because if they fail, you can reopen the position again and perhaps this time get your way, win this time rather than losing like last time.

“If they don’t fail, you don’t win.”

The Lib Dems’ repeated calls for a second referendum was also scolded by Paul Nuttall, who sat alongside Mr Farron during Wednesday’s debate.

The UKIP leader said: “If we went down your line Tim, and we committed to another referendum at the end of the deal, I can guarantee you now that the European Union would ensure we got the worse deal possible to ensure that we voted to stay and reject it.

“What this is, is a game to ensure that we stay in.”

Altfish

Veteran Member
We will know the answer but, if REMAIN had won by 52-48 would the Brexiters be saying "Fair enough chaps, we accept the result we'll never have another referendum"?

Altfish

Veteran Member
I'd take Nicola Sturgeon over any of the feeble leaders we have south of the border..

Midges, all you need is Avon's Skin So Soft.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The only thing about Brexit that I find annoying is all the negativity that we are getting from the Remoaners.

If they put as much effort into helping us to get a good deal we would be onto a sure-fire winner.

If they can’t say anything helpful, they should keep quiet.

Uh, why? Do you realize that you are blaming people for having minds of their own?