• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Ancient Bible.

The Bible is very ancient and is the oldest book in history. The Bible also the most sold book and is in thousands and thousands of homes across the world. Even though the world lives in this modern day life they go back to the Bible when they are in distress, hurt, confused, and scared of life. That is because the Bible is the one that gives us the answers to what we need to live and teaches us that without God life has no meaning and cannot survive without God. No matter how modern things get it will not save you. Hebrews 12:14 Make every effort to live in peace with all men and be holy without holiness no one will see the Lord.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
The Bible is very ancient and is the oldest book in history.
The Bible is comprised of books that had to exist before the bible came into existence.

The Bible also the most sold book and is in thousands and thousands of homes across the world.
The Bible is the most sold book in bulk.
This is because there are several organizations that give away and leave Bibles for others.

Even though the world lives in this modern day life they go back to the Bible when they are in distress, hurt, confused, and scared of life.
The "World" does not go to the Bible.
Many go to the Koran.
I am sure there are other religious texts that are gone to.

That is because the Bible is the one that gives us the answers to what we need to live and teaches us that without God life has no meaning and cannot survive without God. No matter how modern things get it will not save you. Hebrews 12:14 Make every effort to live in peace with all men and be holy without holiness no one will see the Lord.
For some this is true.
For others it is not true.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
If I'm distressed, hurt, confused, and scared I don't pull out a religious text that has little meaning to me or my way of life since isn't part of my religion. That would be weird. Instead I do things that are part of my religion. My go-to is grounding to the Earth Current and Sky Current because it is a quick, easy, and effective ritual that I practice a lot. Reading would not be my go-to, as reading doesn't make me feel better about anything. And I like reading books, but books are just not great at assuaging stress. I don't think I've ever recommended to someone in distress to "read a book" as a solution, come to think of it...

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
The Bible is very ancient and is the oldest book in history.
Nope.

Even though the world lives in this modern day life they go back to the Bible when they are in distress, hurt, confused, and scared of life.
Who is "they?"

That is because the Bible is the one that gives us the answers to what we need to live and teaches us that without God life has no meaning and cannot survive without God.
"Us?" Is that you and the mouse in your pocket?

The Bible is comprised of books that had to exist before the bible came into existence.

The Bible is the most sold book in bulk.
This is because there are several organizations that give away and leave Bibles for others.

Many go to the Koran.

For some this is true.
For others it is not true.
The word Bible is a greek word meaning BOOK. The Bible has 66 books inside of it. All those books relate to each other to teach us about God. In those books God also gives us direction to live for him now and to the end. When we follow the Word of God we will live a happier life among pagans that do not believe in God.

I am not Catholic, I am a Christian of God. The first ones to become Christians where the disciples of God. I only read the Holy Bible of God not of a Church.

The King James has a lot of greek and hebrew in them such as The book of Genesis comes from a Greek word meaning Beginning. The Hebrew name for Genesis was ****h in the beginning.

All the names of the Bible from Genesis to Revelations are all greek words Like Exodus that means going , Leviticus means one who is attatched.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
The word Bible is a greek word meaning BOOK. The Bible has 66 books inside of it. All those books relate to each other to teach us about God. In those books God also gives us direction to live for him now and to the end. When we follow the Word of God we will live a happier life among pagans that do not believe in God.
So you are not interested in any thing resembling actual discourse?
You are merely looking for sounding board from which to launch sermons?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The Bible is very ancient and is the oldest book in history. The Bible also the most sold book and is in thousands and thousands of homes across the world. Even though the world lives in this modern day life they go back to the Bible when they are in distress, hurt, confused, and scared of life. That is because the Bible is the one that gives us the answers to what we need to live and teaches us that without God life has no meaning and cannot survive without God. No matter how modern things get it will not save you. Hebrews 12:14 Make every effort to live in peace with all men and be holy without holiness no one will see the Lord.
Sorry the Kesh Temple Hymm liturgy to Nintud takes the prize here. The Bible dosent even compare to its sheer age

Also the 'most sold book' is a bit of a stretch as most who buy it in bulk are missionaries and those like the Gideons effectively making it a self inflated claim.

I can assure you most of the world's population isn't rushing out to buy bibles that they have no interest in or even care to purchase.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Many go to the Koran.
No, the whole World does not go to the Bible.
As a Baha'i, I go to the Writings of Baha'u'llah.
They are definitely more current.
Why go to an old Book when you have a new Book?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If I'm distressed, hurt, confused, and scared I don't pull out a religious text that has little meaning to me or my way of life since isn't part of my religion. That would be weird. Instead I do things that are part of my religion. My go-to is grounding to the Earth Current and Sky Current because it is a quick, easy, and effective ritual that I practice a lot.
If I'm distressed, hurt, confused, and scared I don't pull out a religious text, not even a text of my own religion.
Instead I look out the window at the birds, squirrels, and raccoons or I go out for a walk in nature and look up at the tall trees.
If I am walking after dark, I look up at the moon and stars and airplanes in the sky.
Reading would not be my go-to, as reading doesn't make me feel better about anything. And I like reading books, but books are just not great at assuaging stress. I don't think I've ever recommended to someone in distress to "read a book" as a solution, come to think of it...
Reading has never been my go-to, as reading doesn't make me feel better about anything.
Sometimes writing to people and reading their messages helps if they are people I trust.

christos

Some sort of scholar dude who likes learning
People go back to the bible not realising it doesn’t resemble the ancient texts whatsoever

For example people think that genesis comes from the Jews and their books… it doesnt

Genesis, Adam and Eve, Noah, all come from the Babylonians/Sumerians, some 2000 years BEFORE the Jews

So at some point it all got corrupted and modern day Christian’s and Jews, and you’re alll welcome to your beliefs, I mean absolutely no disrespect, believe in something that doesn’t resemble the actual stories and teachings