• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Ancient Bible.

From Genesis to Malachi is 39 in the old testament. in the new test testament From Mathew to Revelations is 27 books That equals to 66 books.

PureX

Veteran Member
The Bible is very ancient and is the oldest book in history. The Bible also the most sold book and is in thousands and thousands of homes across the world. Even though the world lives in this modern day life they go back to the Bible when they are in distress, hurt, confused, and scared of life. That is because the Bible is the one that gives us the answers to what we need to live and teaches us that without God life has no meaning and cannot survive without God. No matter how modern things get it will not save you. Hebrews 12:14 Make every effort to live in peace with all men and be holy without holiness no one will see the Lord.
Well, actually, the Bible is not the oldest book, or text, or even the oldest religious text. The Tao Te Ching dates back four centuries BC that we know of, and possibly as far back as five. And it forms the ideological basis for Taoism, Buddhism, Shinto, Confucianism, and many other eastern religious and philosophical traditions.

Well, actually, the Bible is not the oldest book, or text, or even the oldest religious text. The Tao Te Ching dates back four centuries BC that we know of, and possibly as far back as five. And it forms the ideological basis for Taoism, Buddhism, Shinto, Confucianism, and many other eastern religious and philosophical traditions.
The Bible is not about a Religion but about God. The Bible has been here since the beginning of time. God had 7 disciples write the bible and Moses wrote the 10 commandments. A Religion is multiple of people that believe in God and worship God together and teach the word of God correctly.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Bible is not about a Religion but about God. The Bible has been here since the beginning of time.
No, the Bible has not been here since the beginning of time.

The first Biblical stories were passed down orally and only written down later by various authors. Most Biblical scholars believe the Book of Genesis was the first book to be written down. This would have happened around 1450 BC to 1400 BC. So perhaps about 3400 years or so ago. Sep 25, 2016

How Old Is the Bible? - Big Think

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not Catholic, I am a Christian of God. The first ones to become Christians where the disciples of God. I only read the Holy Bible of God not of a Church.
I consider the Catholics to be Christian and of God as far as I can know. I don't consider that I have special ability to know who is and who isn't of God. I think that there are others that don't share my view on these things.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
The Bible is written by the human hand, but the words come from the Spiritual knowledge of God who gives the human hand the words to write. Only them that truly study the Bible that will see and understand that God is the power behind the word that gives us true direction in life to follow.
What you are saying is that you have to believe it without ever having looked in order to believe it when looking.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
There is only 66 books in the Bible, The first one starts with GENSIS and the last book is REVELATIONS. IF you count all the books in the bible yourself you will see that 66 is the total number of books in the Bible. People that say there is 73 are truly the ones that have no knowledge of the Bible As I do.
Of course. Anyone that differs from your personal view has no knowledge. Are you then the yardstick by which knowledge, spirituality and Christianity are measured? It seems to be the message.

christos

Some sort of scholar dude who likes learning
Bereisheet is indeed a Jewish text. Genesis is the Christian translation of it.

I agree that there are similarities in the Creation stories, the Flood story, and the story of the Tower of Babel. But that's it. Those stories are such a tiny portion of Genesis. So tiny, that it really isn't accurate to say that Genesis is not a Jewish text.

Corrupted? That is a very poor choice of words. It is perfectly natural when stories are passed on orally that they evolve. Each story teller adds their own twists. When I tell a scary story around the campfire, I always change it in some fashion to make it more interesting and more scary. That doesn't mean my version is corrupt.
It does as your version would no longer accurate

If I have an experience and ADD details to jazz it up a bit, then I’ve embellished and made stuff up

Then if someone else tells that story and ADDs what they want, and embellish it more and so forth

Eventually you have a corrupted/incorrect version of some event, with countless interpretations and countless denominations

Not to mention all the other contributing factors occurring here… such as outright lying and making things up to fit a desired narrative

For example
I’ve just stated factually that, many of the Jewish texts of Genesis are rewritings and embellishments and borrowing from previous civilisations

Self evidently, Sumerians/Mesopotamians

The story of Genesis is not Jewish and wasn’t anything to do with Moses, as it existed some 2000 years before

The Judeo-Christian Genesis doesn’t remotely resemble the origin source material except Noah (actually utnipishtim and atrahasa)

I say this in particular, as Adam and Eve, creation, Noah, are all very very foundational to these beliefs

Original sin, the sacrifice, the dying for your sins, and it’s all false based on a false foundations

It’s based on the corrupted/incorrect telling of previous narratives

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
So I guess you are saying that the New Testament is not as good as the Tanakh?
I'm not here to discourage Christians from finding inspiration in their New Testament. But the NT is simply not part of our sacred texts. To us, it is no different from the Vedas, the Quran, the Book of Mormon... You get the idea.

christos

The Holy Bible is the oldest book that has ever existed. Those who do not get the truth from the Bible truly have not read it but just looked at the words. Only one who has truly studied the Bible has knowledge of the word as I do. I understand the whole Bible and its meaning.
No it isnt
There’s writings that far predate the bible

I’ve read and studied the bible extensively and concluded it’s a shadow of the truth, and is a deeply misguided collection of texts

christos

Perhaps because the original does not need to be improved upon. Haven't you noticed that when a sequel to a great movie is made, its just never as good as the original? Come home to the Tanakh!!!!! LOL :)
If the original doesn’t need to be improved on, then why do you go to the bible instead of the original texts?

Have you yet to understand that the bible IS THE SEQUEL you speak of, and it’s never as good as the original…

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
If the original doesn’t need to be improved on, then why do you go to the bible instead of the original texts?

Have you yet to understand that the bible IS THE SEQUEL you speak of, and it’s never as good as the original…
I think I've already addressed this with you. :)