• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The archaeological and historical evidence of the early history of the Jews before 600 BCE.

River Sea

If I had to choose it would be Ronald Handel, but I haven’t read Exodus enough to know.

I do believe it happens during the time of a Hyksos Pharoah before they were ousted by the Egyptians, which would put the date around 1550BCE.

@GoodAttention @Bharat Jhunjhunwala

Was There A Historical Exodus? Cultural Memory - Dr. Ronald Hendel

Pharaoh Scorpion II on the Scorpion Macehead, Ashmolean Museum

What is that? Pharaoh Scorpion II?

Narmer is who?
Narmer and the chessboard symbol?

How did that happened that there were chessboard symbol?

Did Pharaohs play chess ever?

HISTORY OF CHESS​

Findings at the Egypt pyramids provide us evidences that the chess was being played 4000 years ago from our present day. The archeological excavations carried out at different times also provide us findings that the chess was being played in China, Mesopotamia and Anatolia.

At the excavations carried out in today’s Turkmenistan, finding of chess pieces determined to be belonging to 150 AD and Kushan Turks gave rise to claims that the chess was firstly being played by Kushan Turks and taken to India by them.

First written documents about chess are the Sanskrit texts written at the time of Indian Emperor II. Chandragupta around 3 – 4 AD. In these texts the game is called as ‘Chaturanga’. Around 600, the game’s latest version of rules are thought be settled at Punjabi area and in the same century chess is thought to have been started to be played by the name “Sat-RanChu”.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
@Bharat Jhunjhunwala
how come Temple Mount in who's hands, how come our hands, what if not in our hands, who determine this? Also does this show evidence before 600 BC?
Large, ancient retaining walls on the southern side of the Temple Mount, such as the Stepped Stone Structure, are considered by some scholars to date back to the time of Solomon or shortly thereafter. They are thought to be part of the original Temple Mount infrastructure.

The "Broad Wall," located in the Old City of Jerusalem, was built during the reign of King Hezekiah (715 to 686 BCE).

Jewish archaeologists would like nothing better than to excavate under the Temple Mount, but this is objected to by Arabs, who think that it would cause the Mosque to become unstable.