• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The archaeological and historical evidence of the early history of the Jews before 600 BCE.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Hebrew is a language .. not a people
Word often have more than one definition. Hebrew is certainly a language. It is also true that the Hebrews were a people, also known as the Israelites or the Jews. In the bible the earliest mention of this people was in the stories of the patriarchs where they are called Hebrews. From the exodus on, these same people were referred to as Israelites, and finally, in Babylon, they came to be called Jews.
... nor a priesthood. Hebrew language did not exist ~1700 - 1800 BC .. and certainly not in Egypt at this time. Hebrew arising out of Canaanite a branch of canaanite some 400 centuries later.
The Hebrew langauge emerged from an earlier Canaanite dialect around 1000 BCE. Moses is traditionally dated to about 1300 BCE, although this is debated.
So that some priesthood was connected with "Hebrew People" in Egypt d\
hmmm? I don't think anyone claims there were Aaronic priests in Egypt. The story goes that the priesthood was formed with the giving of the Law.

River Sea

Ishar, or spelled as Izhar

Recently, from elsewhere, I learned about Alice Linsley's error in identifying Ishar as female when he was male. Male brothers appear to have married, along with a female aunt. Please take a look.

This diagram shows the relationship between Moses and Seir, the Horite Hebrew ruler mentioned in Genesis 36.

The picture shows
Male Ishar Brother = Male Amram Brother = Female Jochebed Aunt. It appears that male Amram married his brother Ishar as well as female aunt Jochebed.

How does an Iron Age book inform about Early Bronze Age rulers?
Nice hypothesis you got there. How about some archaeology to back it up?

This hypothesis isn't from me; it's a blog from Alice Linsley. So to look more, to see more archaeology to back it up., I wonder now, how come she didn't do so?

Dating:
  • The date of the Exodus is debated, but two main theories prevail: one in the 15th century BCE and another in the 13th century BCE.
  • Archaeological evidence, including the mentioned place names, supports a connection to the Ramesside period.
  • Many scholars favor an Exodus during the 19th Dynasty of Egypt, in the 13th century BCE.

I struggle to know from Alice Linsley blog where the Exodus chronically was.

Alice C. Linsley hold a position in the Humanities faculty at Midway University which was founded by the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).

Any view she presents comes with a Christian bias, which is accepting the scriptures as literary sources of data first and foremost. I would take any comment or conclusions Alice presents regarding the Hebrews, Israelities, Moses, or any person mentioned in the (translated) Hebrew scriptures with a pillar worth of salt.

Would 'Christian bias' that Alice Linsley presents fail her own question that Alice Linsley has when joining her archeology Facebook group that I answered and was blocked? This question: Do you read the Bible empirically, that is, apart from personal bias and/or denominational interpretations? How I answered the question was, I wanted to learn the archeology of the 3 Abrahamic religions from the Bible.

I then made a thread here in this forum from the question that Alice Linsley had that caused me to get blocked due to my answer, in order to provide a place for me to either vent or learn the structure of this language to help me be less confused. This question: Do you read the Bible empirically, that is, apart from personal bias and/or denominational interpretations?

How I answered the question was, I explained I wanted to learn the archeology of the 3 Abrahamic religions from the Bible. After time went by, I lost interest in joining her Facebook group. Also I gave up seeking out how my answer caused me to get blocked.

Here's my thread

Do you read the Bible empirically, that is, apart from personal bias and/or denominational interpretations?

I'm re-reading my thread to see if I at all vented.

I continue next post showing what I did learn.

Is this ok to share. Example areas that causes me to wonder what happened.

Last edited:

River Sea

@Eddi I agree with you that I can only read it as myself, and I can't read it as anyone else.

@crossfire I realized I'd rather have freedom when reading and psychoanalyzing scenes than develop an addiction to seeking out why certain individuals rejected me because of the process I read.

This is continuing from my post above.

This is what I was reminding myself from reading @Eddi and @crossfire showed: you can see it in quotes above

My responds again.
I love analyzing scenes and then maybe later articulating

and yes, reading for myself, and also the freedom when reading and psychoanalyzing scenes. I love psychoanalysis.

So that's how I read the Bible: I psychoanalyze the people and scenes, because I want to.

Oh, the reason I continued to a new post is because I still can't figure out how to add a quote to a post that I had already saved and later edited. If someone will explain how that would be wonderful. The only way I could add a quote is to start a new post, and that's why I started a new post to continue from the above post.

Last edited:

GoodAttention

Would 'Christian bias' that Alice Linsley presents fail her own question that Alice Linsley has when joining her archeology Facebook group that I answered and was blocked? This question: Do you read the Bible empirically, that is, apart from personal bias and/or denominational interpretations? How I answered the question was, I wanted to learn the archeology of the 3 Abrahamic religions from the Bible.

I then made a thread here in this forum from the question that Alice Linsley had that caused me to get blocked due to my answer, in order to provide a place for me to either vent or learn the structure of this language to help me be less confused. This question: Do you read the Bible empirically, that is, apart from personal bias and/or denominational interpretations?

How I answered the question was, I explained I wanted to learn the archeology of the 3 Abrahamic religions from the Bible. After time went by, I lost interest in joining her Facebook group. Also I gave up seeking out how my answer caused me to get blocked.
This. IS. PRICELESS.

Here is the song the sums up Ms Linsley, I hope it can bring you as much joy as it does me.

Betho_br

This. IS. PRICELESS.

Here is the song the sums up Ms Linsley, I hope it can bring you as much joy as it does me.

The name "Sra. Linsley" doesn't immediately ring a bell in a biblical or historical context. Could you provide more details or context about her?

River Sea

The name "Sra. Linsley" doesn't immediately ring a bell in a biblical or historical context. Could you provide more details or context about her?

@Betho_br
Linsley wrote a blog about Exodus, and I was referring to an error she made in her blog.

Here below you can see the error where Linsley claims two brothers were married.

Recently, from elsewhere, I learned about Alice Linsley's error in identifying Ishar as female when he was male. Male brothers appear to have married, along with a female aunt. Please take a look.
1722135598198.png

The picture shows
Male Ishar Brother = Male Amram Brother = Female Jochebed Aunt. It appears that male Amram married his brother Ishar as well as female aunt Jochebed.

Here's Alice Linsley's blog that this error is shown from.

Last edited:

Sargonski

Word often have more than one definition. Hebrew is certainly a language. It is also true that the Hebrews were a people, also known as the Israelites or the Jews. In the bible the earliest mention of this people was in the stories of the patriarchs where they are called Hebrews. From the exodus on, these same people were referred to as Israelites, and finally, in Babylon, they came to be called Jews.

The Hebrew langauge emerged from an earlier Canaanite dialect around 1000 BCE. Moses is traditionally dated to about 1300 BCE, although this is debated.

hmmm? I don't think anyone claims there were Aaronic priests in Egypt. The story goes that the priesthood was formed with the giving of the Law.

there was no identifiable group of Hebrew associated with the Horites ~1800 BC .. and no priestly class from this group which descends to Moses. ... having Zero to do with Aaron or the Priestly Class of YHWH which does not exist until the formation of the YHWH cult.

IndigoChild5559

there was no identifiable group of Hebrew associated with the Horites ~1800 BC .. and no priestly class from this group which descends to Moses. ... having Zero to do with Aaron or the Priestly Class of YHWH which does not exist until the formation of the YHWH cult.
I'm not sure where you are coming from. Why in the world are you bringing up the Horoites? Since they are not Jews and existed well before Moese, so they of course wouldn't have the Aaronic priesthood. Is there a point in there somewhere?

River Sea

This. IS. PRICELESS.

@GoodAttention
First time hearing this song, so who is Alice?

As she's thinking Ishar was female when Ishar was male, and she never corrected this error?

So who is Alice Linsley—overly out of control from her projects that she couldn't see these errors to correct?

Which brings me to wonder, how did ancient people organize genealogy way back when? How?

1722192320062.png

The picture shows

Sargonski

I'm not sure where you are coming from. Why in the world are you bringing up the Horoites? Since they are not Jews and existed well before Moese, so they of course wouldn't have the Aaronic priesthood. Is there a point in there somewhere?

cause that was what I was responding to .. the claim of some Horites and a "Hebrew Priestly Tradition" daiting back as far as 1700-3000BC got passed down to Moses. I was showing how the position holds little water IMO... and certainly makes no sense in relation to what the Bible says

GoodAttention

@GoodAttention
First time hearing this song, so who is Alice?
In the song, Alice is a metaphor for Alice Linsley. She is nobody special, in fact, she was raised on the same street as you and I, metaphorical for an equal to anyone.

BUT, she "sold herself out" to a large corporation with money, which is the Christian Church, as described by the big limosouine that takes her away.

The message of this song is, "who the f*$@ is Alice?", describing Alice C. Linsley, meaning she is a nobody that YOU should forget about. Instead, talk to "Sara", who was also raised on the same street as you and I, metaphorical for the average peson who looks at questions EMPIRICALLY, and not indecently or mockingly like Alice C. Linsely.

As she's thinking Ishar was female when Ishar was male, and she never corrected this error?

So who is Alice Linsley—overly out of control from her projects that she couldn't see these errors to correct?

Which brings me to wonder, how did ancient people organize genealogy way back when? How?

View attachment 94826
You are still thinking about Alice, which is the core of the song.

Even when people tell you "WHO the f$*# is Alice!", you aren't able to stop thinking about her.

Alice C LInsley has been making mistakes the second she stepped into the limousine, so why are you exploring her mistakes?

IndigoChild5559

cause that was what I was responding to .. the claim of some Horites and a "Hebrew Priestly Tradition" daiting back as far as 1700-3000BC got passed down to Moses. I was showing how the position holds little water IMO... and certainly makes no sense in relation to what the Bible says
Really? Someone in here was making that claim? SMH I guess we get all sorts.

Sargonski

Really? Someone in here was making that claim? SMH I guess we get all sorts.

You of all folks should know that by now .. but that is what makes things fun :) You should go read the link and the post I was responding to .. the way they try to claim "Horite Hebrew Priesthood" -- at a date far earlier than Hebrew Existed is interesting .. but it fails on many accounts.

here is the link the post was referencing The Exodus Narrative from a Different Angle

River Sea

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala

From that earlier adventure, it led me to wonder, How did ancient people organize genealogy way back when? How?

Can we observe Wim Borsboom writings? I've observed him extremely; he's Dutch, and his name is Wim Borsboom. Keep in mind if I get things wrong about any person who I observe, please show me, and I'll also correct my errors. My understanding is that Wim Borsboom is Dutch, and at a young age he discovered Sanskrit and he noticed the similarities between Dutch and Sanskrit.

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala as you're understanding OIT.

My question is: How has OIT organized genealogy back when to show evidence of after Exodus, Exodus, and/or pre-Exodus and also showing early history of the Jews before 600 BCE? Does OIT 'out of India' help to show evidence? Also, does OIT show any information about Izhar or any person similar to Izhar? What was the relationship between Izhar and his brother Amram have in common? Did they get along? Any parallel similarities of people from OIT with Izhar and Amram, or were Izhar and Amram actually names shown within OIT understandings?

Here Wim Borsboom abstract: presenting his novel "Out of India Migration Hypothesis" (OIT)

Wim Borsboom presenting his novel "Out of India Migration Hypothesis" (OIT)

ABSTRACT This hypothesis, “Worldwide Holocene Seafaring Migrations from the Indus Valley” proposes that prior to ca 1,350 BCE, reed-vessel sailing, seafaring migrants from the Indus Valley in what is now Pakistan and north western India, over a period between 7,500 and ca 1,350 BCE, took along with them during their migrations to areas far to the west and far to the east of their original homeland, their trading, social, cultural and industrial skills. It included all aspects of what is now known as the Harappan or Indus Valley Culture and Civilization. The migrants most importantly brought their Sanskrit based language along, with which I propose, they seeded the coastlands and islands where they settled. I also propose that topically, their language changed over time into various dialects which over time formed the various Indo- European as well as Polynesian languages

Last edited:

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
[@Bharat Jhunjhunwala[/USER]

From that earlier adventure, it led me to wonder, How did ancient people organize genealogy way back when? How?

Can we observe Wim Borsboom writings? I've observed him extremely; he's Dutch, and his name is Wim Borsboom. Keep in mind if I get things wrong about any person who I observe, please show me, and I'll also correct my errors. My understanding is that Wim Borsboom is Dutch, and at a young age he discovered Sanskrit and he noticed the similarities between Dutch and Sanskrit.

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala as you're understanding OIT.

My question is: How has OIT organized genealogy back when to show evidence of after Exodus, Exodus, and/or pre-Exodus and also showing early history of the Jews before 600 BCE? Does OIT 'out of India' help to show evidence? Also, does OIT show any information about Izhar or any person similar to Izhar? What was the relationship between Izhar and his brother Amram have in common? Did they get along? Any parallel similarities of people from OIT with Izhar and Amram, or were Izhar and Amram actually names shown within OIT understandings?
The biblical people remembered genealogy just as we do now. Only point of difference is that when we say Adam lived 930 years did perhaps mean that the Adam's lineage existed for 930 years. Once we understand it, in this manner, then the biblical genealogies begin to make sense.

River Sea

The biblical people remembered genealogy just as we do now. Only point of difference is that when we say Adam lived 930 years did perhaps mean that the Adam's lineage existed for 930 years. Once we understand it, in this manner, then the biblical genealogies begin to make sense.

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala @GoodAttention

Have you heard of Ishshah, the first wife of Adam? She died and was reincarnated as Eve. What are your thoughts about this?

We begin with the creation of the first Woman. Her name was 'Ishshah'... yes, Ishshah, not Eve...

Genesis 2:23
"And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."

The First Adam named his wife 'Woman' or 'Ishshah' in the original Hebrew. Nowhere does the name 'Eve' show up until much later, after the Fall.

Therefore, it was the First Adam along with his wife Ishshah that died after partaking of the Forbidden Fruit.

God then recreated... i.e., reincarnated them as the Second Adam and Eve on the Sixth Day. That is when the Second Adam gave this new creation the name Eve...

Genesis 3:20
"And Adam called his wife’s name Eve; because she was the mother of all living."

GoodAttention

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala @GoodAttention

Have you heard of Ishshah, the first wife of Adam? She died and was reincarnated as Eve. What are your thoughts about this?

I haven't, but if a story exists, it does so to exalt God whilst diminishing the pagan worship of both El and Yahweh.

Since Ishshah would be synonymous with Asherah, by making her a wife of Adam she is consider "inferior" to God, which is important since the pagan consideration for Ishshah is a consort to El and/or Yahweh. God has no consort. Her dying and reincarnating as Eve allows Eve to become mother to Abel, a name I translate to Ab'El of father of El. Since Abel dies without having children, the meaning here is that El is not "real", he is a myth that has roots in the real story of Abel. Ishshah/Asherah becomes wife to El through a retelling of the same story by considering Eve to be another "form" of Asherah.

In any case, El, who never existed, is partnered with a dead form of his father's mother. The story laughs at pagan mythology.

Last edited:

River Sea

@GoodAttention @Bharat Jhunjhunwala

Any Tabernacles in Indus Valley or near Indus Valley?

How come they make the tabernacle show the human egg cell? So Moses had this instruction to make this; was this in the Indus Valley, or where and when did Krishna also get instructions to make a tabernacle too? What was God hoping for when asking Moses to build this? How did they make colors, and did any of this dye go into rivers, changing the color of a river? Exodus 26 Make the tabernacle with ten curtains of finely twisted linen and blue, purple, and scarlet yarn. How did they make these colors in Indus Valley and/or elsewhere? Does anything about the Tabernacle show evidence before 600 BC and about the Krishna God Isha, which is the word Israel?

1722510472804.png

This is where I found this picture