• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The archaeological and historical evidence of the early history of the Jews before 600 BCE.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
@Harel13
I did not know that ancient Hebrew is similar to modern Hebrew, yet ancient Greek is different from modern Greek. What do you think contributed to ancient Hebrew remaining similar to modern Hebrew?

@paarsurrey

Sanskrit eastward and Germanic westward

Arabic Hebrew is closer to Sanskrit or German?

Online says

Are Sanskrit and German similar?
Both the Germanic languages and Sanskrit are 'sister languages', branches/daughters of the same `mother - the 'Proto-Indo-European' language that originated from the steppe region of 'north-central Asia'.
Spoken languages developed first by trade East and West and blended with local spoken languages initially from North-Central Asia where coincidentally the first development of horsemanship and chariots. Influence also from Chinese involving trade, I believe the question of which is closer concerning Middle East languages is part of the ancient evolution of language not knowable. Written language followed with those cultures dominantly involved in trade such as the Sumerians, Babylonians, Vedic cultures, Chinese, Phoenician/Canaanite, and Egyptians. The relationship among written languages is regional as in the Mediterranean origin from Phoenician/Canaanite.

The common relationship of languages across Europe, Middle East and Asia is the roots more in spoken languages than in written languages.

Modern Hebrew is only similar to the Early Hebrew beginning in the period 800-600 BCE .We do not have very much in terms of what the Hebrews wrote before 600 BCE, only a few Proto-Canaanite script on pottery and stone. The early development of scripture with the compilation of the Pentateuch after 600 BCE. Hebrew evolved from Proto-Canaanite as one of the regional Levant variations, because the Hebrews were Canaanite tribes like the Moabites,

The Greek language is much older, but yes in a way related to the development of the alphabet via Phoenician/Canaanite roots of Mediterranean trade, Phoenician/Canaanites dominated Mediterranean trade since ~3,300 BCE or earlier and founded Carthage, The Hebrews were involved in trade very late therefore therefore late evolution of a written language.

Last edited:

River Sea

Spoken languages developed first by trade East and West and blended with local spoken languages initially from North-Central Asia where coincidentally the first development of horsemanship and chariots. Influence also from Chinese involving trade, I believe the question of which is closer concerning Middle East languages is part of the ancient evolution of language not knowable. Written language followed with those cultures dominantly involved in trade such as the Sumerians, Babylonians, Vedic cultures, Chinese, Phoenician/Canaanite, and Egyptians. The relationship among written languages is regional as in the Mediterranean origin from Phoenician/Canaanite.

The common relationship of languages across Europe, Middle East and Asia is the roots more in spoken languages than in written languages.

Modern Hebrew is only similar to the Early Hebrew beginning in the period 800-600 BCE .We do not have very much in terms of what the Hebrews wrote before 600 BCE, only a few Proto-Canaanite script on pottery and stone. The early development of scripture with the compilation of the Pentateuch after 600 BCE. Hebrew evolved from Proto-Canaanite as one of the regional Levant variations, because the Hebrews were Canaanite tribes like the Moabites,

The Greek language is much older, but yes in a way related to the development of the alphabet via Phoenician/Canaanite roots of Mediterranean trade, Phoenician/Canaanites dominated Mediterranean trade since ~3,300 BCE or earlier and founded Carthage, The Hebrews were involved in trade very late therefore therefore late evolution of a written language.

@shunyadragon wrote that "Greek language is much older and that Phoenician/Canaanite roots of Mediterranean trade, Phoenician/Canaanites dominated Mediterranean trade since ~3,300 BCE or earlier and founded Carthage."

I looked online, what does the word Carthage mean?

The Hebrew Bible never mentions Carthage, though the Septuagint translated the toponym Tarshish at Isaiah 23:1 as Karkhēdōn (Kαρχηδών), the Greek term Josephus used in his Against Apion to denote Carthage.

I saw elsewhere that the Carthage means “new town.”

However, how else did Chinese, Phoenician/Canaanite, and Egyptians know to even trade from where? Would Chinese, Phoenician/Canaanite, and Egyptians need to research areas? If so, what were these researchers called? And if so, did Chinese, Phoenician/Canaanite, and Egyptians ever read these tablets when researching trading from this location?

Did the Chinese, Phoenician/Canaanite, and Egyptians ever read these tablets and learn of these areas to even trade with?

Planoconvex molded tablet from Harappa showing a deity battling two tigers.

"The thick jungles of the Indus Valley were full of tigers and leopards, so it is not surprising that the image of a ferocious feline is a recurring motif in ritual narratives on seals as well as molded tablets... The figure strangling the two tigers may represent a female, as a pronounced breast can be seen in profile. Earlier discoveries of this motif on seals from Mohenjo-daro definitely show a male figure, and most scholars have assumed some connection with the carved seals from Mesopotamia that illustrate episodes from the famous Gilgamesh epic. The Mesopotamian epics show lions being strangled by a hero, whereas the Indus narratives render tigers being strangled by a figure, sometimes clearly males, sometimes ambiguous or possibly female. This motif of a hero or heroine grappling with two wild animals could have been created independently for similar events that may have occurred in Mesopotamia as well as the Indus valley." (Mark Kenoyer, Ancient Cities of the Indus Valley Civilization, p. 114).
More depictions of this theme on seals at https://www.harappa.com/.../bare-handed-tiger-wrestling...
No photo description available.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
@shunyadragon wrote that "Greek language is much older and that Phoenician/Canaanite roots of Mediterranean trade, Phoenician/Canaanites dominated Mediterranean trade since ~3,300 BCE or earlier and founded Carthage."

I looked online, what does the word Carthage mean?

The Hebrew Bible never mentions Carthage, though the Septuagint translated the toponym Tarshish at Isaiah 23:1 as Karkhēdōn (Kαρχηδών), the Greek term Josephus used in his Against Apion to denote Carthage.

I saw elsewhere that the Carthage means “new town.”

However, how else did Chinese, Phoenician/Canaanite, and Egyptians know to even trade from where? Would Chinese, Phoenician/Canaanite, and Egyptians need to research areas? If so, what were these researchers called? And if so, did Chinese, Phoenician/Canaanite, and Egyptians ever read these tablets when researching trading from this location?

Did the Chinese, Phoenician/Canaanite, and Egyptians ever read these tablets and learn of these areas to even trade with?

Planoconvex molded tablet from Harappa showing a deity battling two tigers.

"The thick jungles of the Indus Valley were full of tigers and leopards, so it is not surprising that the image of a ferocious feline is a recurring motif in ritual narratives on seals as well as molded tablets... The figure strangling the two tigers may represent a female, as a pronounced breast can be seen in profile. Earlier discoveries of this motif on seals from Mohenjo-daro definitely show a male figure, and most scholars have assumed some connection with the carved seals from Mesopotamia that illustrate episodes from the famous Gilgamesh epic. The Mesopotamian epics show lions being strangled by a hero, whereas the Indus narratives render tigers being strangled by a figure, sometimes clearly males, sometimes ambiguous or possibly female. This motif of a hero or heroine grappling with two wild animals could have been created independently for similar events that may have occurred in Mesopotamia as well as the Indus valley." (Mark Kenoyer, Ancient Cities of the Indus Valley Civilization, p. 114).
More depictions of this theme on seals at https://www.harappa.com/.../bare-handed-tiger-wrestling...
No photo description available.
I am uncertain what traders read, but trade evolved over the millennia even before anything was written. The Silk Road evolved from older trade routes for jade, salt and horses, There were Celt settlements in the Tarim basin in Western China 4000 years ago.

Going back even further there was the trade of jade for weapons in the Neolithic found in England from Austria. Trade in flint, gem stones and obsidian regionally in the Neolithic.

Trade is likely as old as homo sapiens.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think history and historians often describe unexplainable things.
Like in this passage (strange flying chariots above Jerusalem). Either we accept them or we deny them, but if we deny history, we have got nothing left. We must trust what the ancient tells us.

Jewish War, Josephus, 6.297

Besides these, a few days after that feast, on the one and twentieth day of the month Artemisius, [Jyar,] a certain prodigious and incredible phenomenon appeared: I suppose the account of it would seem to be a fable, were it not related by those that saw it, and were not the events that followed it of so considerable a nature as to deserve such signals; for, before sun-setting, chariots and troops of soldiers in their armor were seen running about among the clouds, and surrounding of cities. Moreover, at that feast which we call Pentecost, as the priests were going by night into the inner [court of the temple,] as their custom was, to perform their sacred ministrations, they said that, in the first place, they felt a quaking, and heard a great noise, and after that they heard a sound as of a great multitude, saying, "Let us remove hence."

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I think history and historians often describe unexplainable things.
Like in this passage (strange flying chariots above Jerusalem). Either we accept them or we deny them, but if we deny history, we have got nothing left. We must trust what the ancient tells us.

Jewish War, Josephus, 6.297
UFOs are nothing new, without further documentation they are simply that. academic historians do not attempt to explain the supernatural and miracles other than the fact that they were believed by those that wrote the scripture in history. Scripture and writings recording from many cultures in history that describe such as dragons and other supernatural events are not considered factual history

River Sea

@shunyadragon @GoodAttention @Tamino @Bharat Jhunjhunwala @Harel13 @John D. Brey @Betho_br @paarsurrey @Mrpp @Sargonski

What was used for economic interests in Zone 2 that the Israelites and Egyptians had? There are 3 zones, and I learned it's zone 2, in the middle that shows economic interests to impress. But what was it that they used to impress that's in zone 2? Did they ever trade in zone 2?

Betho_br

@shunyadragon @GoodAttention @Tamino @Bharat Jhunjhunwala @Harel13 @John D. Brey @Betho_br @paarsurrey @Mrpp @Sargonski

What was used for economic interests in Zone 2 that the Israelites and Egyptians had? There are 3 zones, and I learned it's zone 2, in the middle that shows economic interests to impress. But what was it that they used to impress that's in zone 2? Did they ever trade in zone 2?

I think that in Zone 2, both the Egyptians and the Israelites were actively involved in economic activities to expand their influence and strategic positions. Evidence of trade with northern kingdoms like Hatti and Aram, as referenced in 1 Kings 10:29, suggests that the Israelites were engaged in commercial ventures beyond their immediate borders. Additionally, the presence of Egyptian garrisons at sites such as Megiddo and Byblos indicates a strategic and economic interest in these regions. This cooperation with local powers and establishment of garrisons highlights Egypt's and Israel's efforts to solidify their economic footholds and exert influence in Zone 2.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Comparing Solomon's Kingdom(?) with Egypt is difficult. Egypt was a vast empire with extensive written records at the time and Solomon and his kingdom is relatively unknown, with the only known record is the Bible. Egyptian influence was defined by conquest and vast trade. It is true due to late Bronze collapse Egypt retreated from the Levant Hebrew influence grew after 900 BCE and likely formed a coherent kingdom between 800 BCE. There is no evidence for Hebrews. They struggled and the known records show they suffered military defeats by their neighbors.

I view the control, structure and influence some what different and not in zones sort of. (1) Physical and military extent of control of the political entity at the time kingdom or tribe. In the case of the Hebrews before 1000 BCE it was tribal in poorly defined territory in the Hills of Judah and inland areas of Northern Palestine. (2) Influence through trade: Hebrews did not have extensive trade beyond there immediate neighbors. (3) Cultural and or ethnic identity: Initially the Hebrew identity Canaanite tribes. Over time the Hebrew identity centered on their tribal regions and evolved a written language and Monotheistic religion by 600 -500 BCE. Egyptian Cultural identity was not ethnic oriented it was a diverse racial and ethnic population involving upper and lower Egypt.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Comparing Solomon's Kingdom(?) with Egypt is difficult. Egypt was a vast empire with extensive written records at the time and Solomon and his kingdom is relatively unknown, with the only known record is the Bible. Egyptian influence was defined by conquest and vast trade. It is true due to late Bronze collapse Egypt retreated from the Levant Hebrew influence grew after 900 BCE and likely formed a coherent kingdom between 800 BCE. There is no evidence for Hebrews. They struggled and the known records show they suffered military defeats by their neighbors.

I view the control, structure and influence some what different and not in zones sort of. (1) Physical and military extent of control of the political entity at the time kingdom or tribe. In the case of the Hebrews before 1000 BCE it was tribal in poorly defined territory in the Hills of Judah and inland areas of Northern Palestine. (2) Influence through trade: Hebrews did not have extensive trade beyond there immediate neighbors. (3) Cultural and or ethnic identity: Initially the Hebrew identity Canaanite tribes. Over time the Hebrew identity centered on their tribal regions and evolved a written language and Monotheistic religion by 600 -500 BCE. Egyptian Cultural identity was not ethnic oriented it was a diverse racial and ethnic population involving upper and lower Egypt.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I think that in Zone 2, both the Egyptians and the Israelites were actively involved in economic activities to expand their influence and strategic positions. Evidence of trade with northern kingdoms like Hatti and Aram, as referenced in 1 Kings 10:29, suggests that the Israelites were engaged in commercial ventures beyond their immediate borders. Additionally, the presence of Egyptian garrisons at sites such as Megiddo and Byblos indicates a strategic and economic interest in these regions. This cooperation with local powers and establishment of garrisons highlights Egypt's and Israel's efforts to solidify their economic footholds and exert influence in Zone 2.
I do not believe the Kingdom(?) of Solomon can be compared to Egypt, because of the lack of evidence, writings and independent records of the nature of what was the Kingdom(?) of Solomon. The only evidence of writing during Solomon's Kingdom(?) are scrapes of Proto-Canaanite text.

Betho_br

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Canaanites were more advanced than the Hebrews but at the time of Solomon they were in decline. The Difference between the Canaanites and Phoenicians is not clear actually Phoenicians considered themselves Canaanites, had their language and religion were initially the same, but they were a kingdom solely based on trade and this was their weakness. Taking into consideration a Phoenician/Canaanite Kingdom ,maybe as a trading kingdom.

The Phoenicians were descendants of the Canaanites and are widely thought to have originated from the same people. The Phoenicians continued the Canaanites' cultural traditions into the Iron Age and Roman period, and are believed to have identified themselves as Canaanites and referred to their land as Canaan. The name "Phoenicians" comes from the Greek word Phoinikes, which refers to the purple dye the Phoenicians extracted from the murex shell to make textiles. The name "Phoenicia" is a Classical Greek term that doesn't accurately reflect the Phoenicians' social and cultural identity.

The only kingdoms I would put on the scale with the Egyptians is Babylonia, Sumer, Assyria. Followed by Persians, Greece and Rome

Last edited:

Betho_br

Canaanites were more advanced than the Hebrews but at the time of Solomon they were in decline. The Difference between the Canaanites and Phoenicians is not clear actually Phoenicians considered themselves Canaanites, had their language and religion were initially the same, but they were a kingdom solely based on trade and this was their weakness. Taking into consideration a Phoenician/Canaanite Kingdom ,maybe as a trading kingdom.
I would venture to conjecture that the kingdom of Israel and Judah, during the reign of Solomon, was a cultural subgroup that appropriated Canaanite glory. However, Your Excellency interrupted me before I could finish :rolleyes:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I would venture to conjecture that the kingdom of Israel and Judah, during the reign of Solomon, was a cultural subgroup that appropriated Canaanite glory. However, Your Excellency interrupted me before I could finish :rolleyes:
I read the article more closely and found it heavily based and biased on the Biblical description of Solomon's rule and not the archeological evidence for his rule, which was not mentioned.

The use of this zone concept(?) may be applied to any tribal, kingdom or empire. The problem remains is the comparison valid on the extreme scale of small tribes or kingdoms and the major empires of the ancient world,

River Sea

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala @Mrpp @Betho_br @shunyadragon @paarsurrey

I'm placing this here because I couldn't write about Exodus at another forum because I placed it under the category of "life science and physical."

I spent a lot of time at this. I'm also going to share my other post here too or maybe I will.

I think maybe it'll add to this thread as well; however, it might look out of place or maybe not.

I'm extremely emotional about this. Basically, I saw another person write about Exodus in life science and physical science, so I did too.

Here in this post, you'll see my defense of why I think Exodus is life science and physical. I'm emotional due to getting in trouble. So please understand that I'm not very logical when I'm emotional. I will, for the sake of privacy, go through this post and erase any names or write unknown name. What a mess.

Here's post:

This is physical science, how language came about?

How does ears hear language, how does language evolutions through the changes?

How did science that's physical create the brain of a person able to think through language and be able to travel, or is mind not the brain, or is it both? That's physical science? Because spirit is also science too. Because spirit thinks science too.

Did these people back when understand spirit and body or only ghost for the word spirit? The German Bible does not have the word spirit. The German Bible only has the word ghost. Meaning the word spirit was evolution developed later; how come? Yet what was their knowledge back in 1500 BCE about body and spirit? That is physical science.

What is a system for a pharaoh and/or king? Is a system a physical science?

Example: how many zones were there, and why? I learned there's 3 zones.

Is a zone that's a system a physical science?

How did they grow food? Is that physical science?

How did they bring their food with them when they traveled? Is that science and physically?

How did they feed their animals?

Is that physical and scientific?

How did they use stars and other planets in the sky to find their way around? That is physical and science.

Is that physical and science?

Are siblings and/or relatives, is that physical and science?

How did people treat each other when related compared to not related? Is that physical and science?

Science in how did people communicate back when?

How was Moses able to speak loud enough so many people could hear? Were there any tools that Moses and others used so many people could hear because it was a crowd of people? Is that physical and science?

What was this tool and was this tool also physical and science and who created this?

What is a tent that uses poles, is that physical science?

What is molding calf, is that physically science, how did Aaron carry this in with him, is that premediated then, and if so is premediated physically science?

For example, in criminal cases, they use scientific evidence to find out if it's premeditated or not. In this case, due to Aaron forcing gold jewelry from people, was this premeditated or not? As if Aaron brought tools to mold a calf, did he have in mind to steal their jewelry that would make an extremely small calf? Was this that Aaron did premediated or not?

Did Moses at all know that Aaron brought this with? What is Moses then if he knew about Aaron brought with?

Moses had a meltdown when he climb down the volcano, is emotions science, what are emotions, how to not have a meltdown, or how to manage a meltdown and not break anything.

Moses broke the stone of commandments so that means Moses didn't know how to handle his emotions, also earlier it shows how Moses was afraid to talk. Meaning Moses had behavior challenges.

To over come behavior challenges does one need to learn about their behaviors and learn more functional ways, is that physicals science to do so?

There's so much more about physicals science, how did they sleep, what about snakes, how did they protect themselves while sleeping from bugs and snakes?

Yet there's poison snakes where Moses came from, what were these poison snakes, is that physical science?

How did they drink water, from what river as they travel, what was the water like, was it clean or was this water in danger due to poison snakes, and what about any droughts, was there any water in these rivers?

Yet mud from a volcano actually causes water to flood, how, when there's a drought, that's the next question I wanted to ask unknown name.

Because I was wondering about that the other day, I just hadn't forum this physically science question

However I'll do it now

unknown name.

There's a drought further south and the reason why people left. Yet further north there's a rising of a river due to even further south a volcano erupted and mud causing water to rise. How when there's a drought, can mud cause rising water, can you please go in detail with me with this science, please?

As we're scientist and studying the physical areas of this, please please in detail please explain. Because human beings are scientist and spirit is science and a scientist.

Exodus is physical science, because Exodus means to leave. Reasons to leave is science and physically reasons. There was a drought. To study drought is science and physicals.

A drought is Science and physical. Also there's poison snakes. How does a drought cause lots of poison snakes how? How does that happen scientifically physically?

River Sea

Drama at another forum. Yes, I'm in trouble for placing it under "life science and physical." However, keep in mind another writer placed two Exodus threads under "life science and physical," and it was there for months without any issues. So I thought I'd do the same, placing my questions with the Exodus era under the same area, which is "life science and physical."

This is a title that I put under "life science and physical"
Who was Aaron and how come two "A" for? Were Moses and Aaron siblings?

My post is gone. Nope I didn't save it. So all I have is the title.

I also was thinking my writing was more "life science and physical," as I tend to analyze "what is?" So another reason why I thought it was fine for me to list it under "life science and physical."

So "Who was Aaron and how come two "A" for? Were Moses and Aaron siblings?"

River Sea

Continuing from posts above: due to drama at another forum, due to not able to place under "life science and physical." However, keep in mind another writer placed two Exodus threads under "life science and physical," and it was there for months without any issues. So I thought it was fine for me to do so too.

I spent a lot of time on this post. Even found referencing about barefoot and sandals. Even though this post is still there, it's closed because it's under "life science physical." And I think this post is on topic for this thread, so I'll put it in this thread then. I'll put unknown names if I find any names. So to keep people private

Here's post.

Exodus Questions

1) Does exodus mean leave?

2) Have you ever used the word Exodus to describe your situations?

3) Do you like or dislike Moses' personality? Can you tell what type of personality Moses has from reading the Bible? Would you prefer a friend with a personality similar to Moses'?

4) How do you believe Moses was able to encourage so many people to evacuate (Exodus) and travel for years? How did Moses keep them motivated?

5) What kind of shoes did Moses wear, and did Moses shoes ever get destroyed when traveling, and if so, did Moses receive another pair of shoes or did he walk barefooted?

After asking question five. Look what I found online about Moses and shoes. Moses wears sandals.

Moses will be in need of a new pair of sandals.

Barefoot

At this point in the narrative, we become aware of Moses’s sandals. God calls to him out of the bush, “Come no closer! Remove the sandals from your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground.

Keep in mind I didn't read all this article. I only notice about sandals, so I share this article. I did notice this article went into other areas.

Barefoot on Holy Ground - Reformed Journal

I have spent my life studying the Bible and trying to teach it in such a way that students could experience it as living and active in their lives. That is a high bar that more often than not I failed to clear; I was powerless to implement the deeper learning that I desired for my students. I...

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Exodus Questions

3) Do you like or dislike Moses' personality? Can you tell what type of personality Moses has from reading the Bible? Would you prefer a friend with a personality similar to Moses'?

4) How do you believe Moses was able to encourage so many people to evacuate (Exodus) and travel for years? How did Moses keep them motivated?

5) What kind of shoes did Moses wear, and did Moses shoes ever get destroyed when traveling, and if so, did Moses receive another pair of shoes or did he walk barefooted?
1- Yes. Exodus means going out in large numbers. So, it means leave.
2- No.
3- I like the, personality of Moses in terms of his absolute determination and belief in God, but I do not like his personality in the exclusivity in him making YHWH, a personal God or a jealous God. I do not think God is jealous or personal and that part of Moses I do not like.
4- Moses was able to evacuate so many people because they were already in trouble in the Indus Valley because of drying of the Yamuna or Hakkara river, and they had to necessarily find some other place where they could keep themselves alive.
5- No idea.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Continuing from posts above: due to drama at another forum, due to not able to place under "life science and physical." However, keep in mind another writer placed two Exodus threads under "life science and physical," and it was there for months without any issues. So I thought it was fine for me to do so too.

I spent a lot of time on this post. Even found referencing about barefoot and sandals. Even though this post is still there, it's closed because it's under "life science physical." And I think this post is on topic for this thread, so I'll put it in this thread then. I'll put unknown names if I find any names. So to keep people private
I believe threads on Exodus are not suitable for "Life science physical." This thread is OK since it involves questions concerning the history of the Hebrews before 600 BCE. It is basically a Theological/Historical topic, Your posts are rather long to respond to.

Primary objections to Exodus and Joshua. Thee are absolutely no contemporary Hebrew record of Exodus or Joshua. The accounts of the Bible do not fit the known archeology and history.

More relevant questions:

What is the evidence for or against the Biblical description of the accounts of Exodus and Joshua?
What is the historical setting and circumstance in Egypt around the time the Exodus took place?
What is the dates of Exodus that match the accounts?
What are the problems with dating Exodus?
Here's post.

Exodus Questions

Sort of Yes
No
I am uncertain Moses ever existed,
It is difficult to access based on the fact that the events likely never took place as described in the Bible,
Not answerable
After asking question five. Look what I found online about Moses and shoes. Moses wears sandals.

Moses will be in need of a new pair of sandals.
They make sandals.

Last edited:

River Sea

I like the, personality of Moses in terms of his absolute determination and belief in God, but I do not like his personality in the exclusivity in him making YHWH, a personal God or a jealous God. I do not think God is jealous or personal and that part of Moses I do not like

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala
Did YHWH ever learn how to overcome jealousy, and if not, how come?

What is the evidence for or against the Biblical description of the accounts of Exodus and Joshua?

@shunyadragon

Deuteronomy 31:1-2

Joshua to Succeed Moses​

31 Then Moses went out and spoke these words to all Israel: 2 “I am now a hundred and twenty years old and I am no longer able to lead you. The Lord has said to me, ‘You shall not cross the Jordan.’ 3 The Lord your God himself will cross over ahead of you. He will destroy these nations before you, and you will take possession of their land. Joshua also will cross over ahead of you, as the Lord said.

Question: How does the Lord God cross over ahead of others?

This would completely change the interpretation of the lands being discussed and also whether they were conquests by Egypt at all, but rather historical records of battles and destruction taking place in the places, citites, and people described (as they are lands under Egyptian suzerainty) against invading forces such as the Sea Peoples, Philistines, or even by rebellious elements of the Egyptian armies.

@GoodAttention
What caused the Hebrews to migrate by land rather than by sea? Why couldn't the sea people and Hebrews travel together by sea? Were there any mud volcanoes that threatened the sea people?

What all did the sea people do that others felt they were invaded by? What tools did sea people carry across the sea that they used to invade others?

@Betho_br @Bharat Jhunjhunwala @GoodAttention
Canaanite jugs that were brought out from the depths of the sea that were once on their ships. So the Canaanites also travel by sea, similar to the sea people? Did the Canaanites and Sea people get along and help each other? Did Egyptians ever travel by sea?
I'll ask this to @Tamino did Egyptians ever travel by sea?
The Hebrews only travel by land; how come?

Imagine if the Canaanites had and Old Testament religious book that they wrote about themselves? Considering that the Israelites and Canaanites intermarried it might sound a little different than the wildly exaggerated version of history that we are left with!

@Colt @Bharat Jhunjhunwala
Yes, what all the Canaanites went through as they couldn't communicate, due to what ways did others exploit them?

What tribes did intermarry because that did happen? Yet it was dominating through males, as his and his tribes stories were passed on, compared to if a woman marries into another tribe and then intermarries, her stories are gone? Is this what happens to women when intermarry into other tribes?

Abraham and all his children take Canaanite wives and husbands .. it is the land into which a family (which includes servants and such) moves .. after which .. they all Canaanite baby ..

@Sargonski @Bharat Jhunjhunwala

Abram: Ab means father ram means what? The Ram family? Father of the Ram family?
Who are the Canaanites wives and husbands to what Ab Father to what name family?

Last edited: