• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The bible and gays

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
No God has ever made any immoral judgments or rules. People only do that then claim some God told them, then you believe it. Your last sentence proves you believe it.

You do understand that morals are a subjective thing, correct? There is no such thing as someone/something that is factually "holy" or "evil".
It's all just opinions. So, in my, and much of the modern worlds, opinion - a lot of what God deems moral is immoral.

Or is owning people, supporting a patriarchal society, murdering babies, and committing rape and mass murder, moral to you?
That's in the bible, btw. So is pedophilia and a few other things. They have all been condoned at sometime or another there.

Awoon

You do understand that morals are a subjective thing, correct? There is no such thing as someone/something that is factually "holy" or "evil".
It's all just opinions. So, in my, and much of the modern worlds, opinion a lot of what God deems moral is immoral.

Or is owning people, supporting a patriarchal society, murdering babies, and committing rape and mass murder, moral to you?
That's in the bible, btw. So is pedophilia and a few other things. They have all been condoned at sometime or another there.

Ya see, yer just arguing about words in a book called the Bible. You don't care about what I said so this conversation is over. Ignored.

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
Ya see, yer just arguing about words in a book called the Bible. You don't care about what I said so this conversation is over. Ignored.

True. Then again, the topic of discussion is "The bible and gays" so I'm here to talk either about the bible, or those whom are gay.
If you take issue with that then it's none of my concern.

Unification

The bible is against just about everything you can think of, it doesn't like anyone having fun in life, it wants to make you sour and sad, it is said that Jesus never laughed, how sad for him.

Kind of sounds like being under law and control, and set free from it all.
The letter kills.

Unification

It's all just opinions. So, in my, and much of the modern worlds, opinion - a lot of what God deems moral is immoral.

The seeds in the subconscious mind(Eve) that rape and own people need mass murdered. Such as taking mythological stories literally, rather than estoric. All of those myths, if believed literally, would probably need millions of children(neurons) destroyed or altered in ones mind, because those stories rape and own people's minds due to some kind of talking snake, or thinking ego, or Reptillian complex that likes to trick and deceive us. That patriarchal society of 12 tribes, 12 cranial nerves would definitely need cleansed of that junk. I wouldn't want those gates clogged and closed off to truth, either. I'd condone that also.

jojom

The God of Jesus isn't against anything Humans do. His God doesn't judge anyone.
Proverbs 6:
16 There are six things that the Lord hates,
seven that are an abomination to him:
17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked plans,
feet that make haste to run to evil,
19 a false witness who breathes out lies,

Leo613

They were trying to separate themselves culturally and physically, and the Babylonians engaged in very sexual, including homosexual, temple rituals. They thought God would only bless them if they stayed separate, so anything that resembled what the Babylonians did was classified as "unclean."
Whose they

rusra02

Premium Member
Why is the bible homophobic
The Bible is not homophobic. It simply gives Jehovah's view of homosexual conduct. Many homosexuals changed their lives and were greatly benefited by doing so. (1 Corinthians 6:9-11) that would not have been possible if the true God did not have loving concern for all people, including homosexuals.

rusra02

Premium Member
The bible is against just about everything you can think of, it doesn't like anyone having fun in life, it wants to make you sour and sad, it is said that Jesus never laughed, how sad for him.
Yes, following what the Bible says may cause you to miss the fun of sexually transmitted diseases, broken families, abandoned children, abortions, unwanted pregnancies, emotional turmoil, and other fun things. As to Jesus never smiling, the Bible shows Jesus experienced great joy. (Luke 10:21) I believe his joy will last forever, unlike the fleeting enjoyment of wrongdoers. (Hebrews 12:2)

BenTheBeliever

When God created men IMO he never had it planned for adam and steve to fall in love. It was always supposed to be Adam and Eve. But Adam and Eve fell away from God and sin was born. God never wanted us to be like we are now. We humans made that choice. That does not mean that God does not love us. God is a merciful loving God but he is also a holy God and can not let sin into Heaven. That is why Jesus had to come. Only through the sacrifice that Christ had made on the cross for our sins can we truly be right in the father's eyes. Sin leads to death and always will lead to death. The cross leads to eternal life. Which road would you rather take? A road that leads to death and pain or a road that leads to eternal life and happiness? We each have to make that choice.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
When God created men IMO he never had it planned for adam and steve to fall in love. It was always supposed to be Adam and Eve. But Adam and Eve fell away from God and sin was born. God never wanted us to be like we are now. We humans made that choice. That does not mean that God does not love us. God is a merciful loving God but he is also a holy God and can not let sin into Heaven. That is why Jesus had to come. Only through the sacrifice that Christ had made on the cross for our sins can we truly be right in the father's eyes. Sin leads to death and always will lead to death. The cross leads to eternal life. Which road would you rather take? A road that leads to death and pain or a road that leads to eternal life and happiness? We each have to make that choice.
Great choice. Kind of like putting a gun to someone's head and saying "Okay, you have a choice, either you believe everything I tell you to believe, or I shoot you in the head".

Not a choice so much as a threat.

HekaMa'atRa

I found it interesting that you said "we humans made that choice". Last I checked, your grandparents choices isn't your own.

Awoon

Proverbs 6:
16 There are six things that the Lord hates,
seven that are an abomination to him:
17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked plans,
feet that make haste to run to evil,
19 a false witness who breathes out lies,

Please quote Jesus saying that.