• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The bible and gays

Awoon

If we are in His image, why don't we hate sin the way He does? That would have solved a lot of problems just by a very small hack on our created brains.

You might say that this would interfere with our free will, but that would entail that hating sin and having free will are incompatibe. And that would lead to God not having any free will at all, if He hates sin.

So, why don't we hate sin in the same way we hate other things?

Ciao

- viole

Most Religious People don't hate "sin" because they cant isolate it. Hence they really Hate the "Sinner" and permanently isolate all Humans together, as "SINNERS." As if one is sinning constantly while breathing. To some Christians SIN is a Virtue to live. Religions and Politics have done this from their beginnings for profit. People Accused of Crimes/Sins pay for the jobs of lawyers, judges, juries, prosecutors, jailers, Preachers, church buildings, printers, TV time, Airplanes, office workers, Clerks, Wardens, COs, Janitors and many more jobs. Criminals and Sinners make and pay for the world to go around.

Just because a Human makes a mistake/sin, that doesn't make them a mistake/sinner. Religions and Political Courts of Law label people (Sinner, Law breaker, Convict) to control, isolate, belittle and condemn.

BenTheBeliever

I did not ask that. I asked: why we do not hate it? We hate a lot of things naturally. Why not sin?

Ciao

- viole

I already answered that. People don't hate their sin cause the love it. For example let say it is a sin to be gay you found out. You had a vision from God and he came to you and told you he was real. The only problem is you are gay. Would you be willing to give it up to be right with God or would you turn your back on God for the sin? That can be said with any kind of sin.

Awoon

I already answered that. People don't hate their sin cause the love it. For example let say it is a sin to be gay you found out. You had a vision from God and he came to you and told you he was real. The only problem is you are gay. Would you be willing to give it up to be right with God or would you turn your back on God for the sin? That can be said with any kind of sin.

My post 461 answered this before you wrote it.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

Yes, but you do not answered it. You said we should hate it, but we do not. The question is: if we are in the image of God, why don't we hate sin the way He does?

For instance, I hate to be served a dish with dog excrements in in it. And I expect you hate that too. I should hate it and I do hate it.

So, why do we not have an innate instinct to hate sin as soon as we see it, independently from what we should or should not?

Ciao

- viole

BenTheBeliever

Yes, but you do not answered it. You said we should hate it, but we do not. The question is: if we are in the image of God, why don't we hate sin the way He does?

For instance, I hate to be served a dish with dog excrements in in it. And I expect you hate that too. I should hate it and I do hate it.

So, why do we not have an innate instinct to hate sin as soon as we see it, independently from what we should or should not?

Ciao

- viole

I did answer it. I answer why people don't hate sin. What answer do you want me to say? I do hate sin like God tells us to. I see how sin effects people and keeps them from God. Others who don't love Jesus don't hate sin cause they are caught up in it. Why do you think Jesus came down for us? To save us from sin. 'Sin' is the keyword

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Norman: Hi leibowde84, just some resources for you. Some scientists have searched for a direct genetic cause of same-sex attraction—a gene or chromosome that actually determines sexual orientation. (Friedman and Downey, p. 149) Some studies hint at a biological component, but have not proven that same-sex attraction is an inborn or biologically-determined characteristic. If you read the reports published by the researchers, you find that they admit their current findings are not conclusive and simply hint at what some of the causes may be. Furthermore, these studies have not been able to be replicated. Sadly, some news reports have misrepresented or sensationalized the facts, leading some people to the mistaken notion that homosexuality is a genetic trait. Most scientists today give genetic theories little credibility. (Lewontin) The Gay and Lesbian Medical Association recommends that people not use the argument that homosexuality is biological because there is simply not enough evidence. Drs. Neil & Briar Whitehead state, "No genetically determined human behavior has yet been found.” (Neil & Briar Whitehead, 1999) Most researchers and scientists believe there is no single cause, and that the factors may be different for different people.

Source:

http://www.samesexattraction.org/biological-causes-homosexuality.htm

Approved by the Board of Trustees, December 2013
Approved by the Assembly, November 2013
"Policy documents are approved by the APA Assembly and
Board of Trustees…These are…position statements that define
APA official policy on specific subjects…" – APA Operations
Manual.

While recognizing that the scientific understanding is incomplete and often distorted because of societal stigma, the American Psychiatric Association holds the following positions regarding same-sex attraction and associated issues. It is the American Psychiatric Association’s position that same-sex attraction, whether expressed in action, fantasy, or identity, implies no impairment per se in judgment, stability, reliability, or general social or vocational capabilities. The American Psychiatric Association believes that the causes of sexual orientation (whether homosexual or heterosexual) are not known at this time…

Source:

http://www.psychiatry.org/home/search-results?k=same sex attraction
This seems to point to the only moral position being to give homosexuals the benefit of the doubt, assuming that they are "born that way" until it is KNOWN to be untrue. Wouldn't you agree?

ether-ore

The source (or the innate instinct) for recognition of a sin is within the spirit of man but which can be obscured by the desires of the physical body. We are given agency and a body with desires and appetites which can be in conflict with God's laws.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I did answer it. I answer why people don't hate sin. What answer do you want me to say? I do hate sin like God tells us to. I see how sin effects people and keeps them from God. Others who don't love Jesus don't hate sin cause they are caught up in it. Why do you think Jesus came down for us? To save us from sin. 'Sin' is the keyword

And how did He saved us from sin, if things like gays are still extant and can even marry now? Just by getting a bit flogged and staying dead for the enormous amount of three days? Well, no suprise people are not impressed and do not buy that.

It seems He made the ardous journey for nothing.

I think we can chalk that out as one of the many useless attempts of God to change things. It is like test and trials, isn't it? A flood here, a redeemer there, but nothing new under the sun, so to speak.

Ciao

- viole

BenTheBeliever

And how did He saved us from sin, if things like gays are still extant and can even marry now? Just by getting a bit flogged and staying dead for the enormous amount of three days? Well, no suprise people are not impressed and do not buy that.

It seems He made the ardous journey for nothing.

I think we can chalk that out as one of the many useless attempts of God to change things. It is like test and trials, isn't it? A flood here, a redeemer there, but nothing new under the sun, so to speak.

Ciao

- viole

I can speak from my own experience how he has saved me many times. But I am not going to cause I don't care to have my Faith mocked on here by non Christians

Jumi

We know that there are animals in nature that engage in homosexual acts. Why would God create them such(was it to confuse us to think it is natural? is it a test?) or do animals have the same capability for decisions in this as us?

ether-ore

We know that there are animals in nature that engage in homosexual acts. Why would God create them such(was it to confuse us to think it is natural? is it a test?) or do animals have the same capability for decisions in this as us?
That is an unknown. My own belief is that it is simply the urge to mate that is at play. It is not homosexuality when a dog humps your leg. To the animal, if it moves, they need to mate with it... much as...

Jumi

That is an unknown. My own belief is that it is simply the urge to mate that is at play. It is not homosexuality when a dog humps your leg. To the animal, if it moves, they need to mate with it... much as...
I'm not talking about dogs humping human legs, I'm talking about two animals of same species pairing up without caring for the opposite sex.

ether-ore

I'm not talking about dogs humping human legs, I'm talking about two animals of same species pairing up without caring for the opposite sex.
By using the dog example, I was suggesting that it wasn't about homosexuality in animals, but that it was about the urge to mate. I don't think animals are homosexual per se, I think they just want to mate with something.

Jumi

By using the dog example, I was suggesting that it wasn't about homosexuality in animals, but that it was about the urge to mate. I don't think animals are homosexual per se, I think they just want to mate with something.
Forming pairs and engaging in courtship and mating behavior with the selected same-sex partner over many years while ignoring the opposed sex.

I'll just leave this here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mammals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

So what is it? God trying to confuse us like with dinosaur bones and YEC?

JoStories

Well, that has been established by the SCOTUS hasn't it? Please just remember that when the law suits begin to appear attempting to get one religion or other to solemnize homosexual unions. Your interpretation of Christianity versus some made up concept you refer to as Paulians is absurd and "has no bearing on me or people like me". And just FYI, Jesus Christ met and identified Himself to Paul as he was on the road to Damascus. That was how Saul became Paul and was converted in the first place.
Do you happen to recall the thread about insults? Its very hard to be kind to you when you tell me I am or rather that my opinions are absurd. NO opinions here are to be insulted or demeaned by anyone else. You are free to disagree with me but you will find that there are other people, some right here on this board, that agree with me and call people Paulian. And your opinion about Paul is just that, an opinion. And nothing more.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
You must of not read what else I wrote cause if you did you would see where I was talking about wit context. I was talking about me as a person. Science has nothing to do with me being a Christian
Again: it does. For the reasons I stated.