• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The bible and gays

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
How is it coming all back to Christ meaningless?
"Coming back to Christ" isn't meaningless. It's the use of that phrase in that particular concept that's meaningless. It fails to address the differences between the concepts we each espouse. The differences are significant, yet you want to be "right," so you use this blanket statement to cover the differences, and in doing so, ignoring the differences. Which seems to be your modus operandi where science vs. the bible are concerned.

BenTheBeliever

Yes. Gay is how some people are created. This is like saying that "blacks weren't created black, because that happened after humanity fell out of Eden." It's claptrap. And it hurts others.
The truth sometimes hurt. God was never supposed to be comfortable. If he was all would believe. Sometimes killing your old self hurts deeply but then it gets a lot better

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I enjoy debating I just won't change my personally views to make you happy. How is that?
Better, but the real question is are you able and willing to at least try and see things from a different point of view than your own? Do you understand why telling people that they "choose" to be gay may be seen by others as ridiculous, offensive or ignorant? Can you at least try and imagine yourself as a person being told that you "choose" to be heterosexual, or white, or anything else that is a facet of your person you categorically did not willingly choose, and that you need to be "saved" from this part of yourself, and how that might make you feel?

BenTheBeliever

"Coming back to Christ" isn't meaningless. It's the use of that phrase in that particular concept that's meaningless. It fails to address the differences between the concepts we each espouse. The differences are significant, yet you want to be "right," so you use this blanket statement to cover the differences, and in doing so, ignoring the differences. Which seems to be your modus operandi where science vs. the bible are concerned.
I don't care to be right in people eyes. I don't care about science. Never have been. Has nothing to do with being a Christian. I find it to be boring. I enjoy movies and music and comic books. That is my style. Each of us have our own likes and dislikes

ether-ore

No one, or at least, not me, is asking to have priests or whomever be forced to marry same sex couples. All we want is the right to BE married with all that entails. Tax rights, insurance, etc. As for the rest, that is your belief....PERIOD. It has no bearing on me or people like me who don't believe in the Bible or what you faith states. And btw...Jesus never spoke about homosexuality. Not once. Paul did but Paul didn't know Jesus. You can argue he had an hallucination but that is not the same at all. And since most Christians follow Paulian law they are Paulians, not Christians.
Well, that has been established by the SCOTUS hasn't it? Please just remember that when the law suits begin to appear attempting to get one religion or other to solemnize homosexual unions. Your interpretation of Christianity versus some made up concept you refer to as Paulians is absurd and "has no bearing on me or people like me". And just FYI, Jesus Christ met and identified Himself to Paul as he was on the road to Damascus. That was how Saul became Paul and was converted in the first place.

sojourner

The truth sometimes hurt. God was never supposed to be comfortable. If he was all would believe. Sometimes killing your old self hurts deeply but then it gets a lot better
So... being black isn't intended by God for some people. And you don't care, because you're white. Do you see where this is going? And it's not to a good place.

sojourner

Has nothing to do with being a Christian.
It has everything to do with being a Christian, because science is the study of God's creation. Science brings us medications and procedures that save lives (which are precious to God). It includes science which shows that homosexuality is healthy and normal.

BenTheBeliever

Better, but the real question is are you able and willing to at least try and see things from a different point of view than your own? Do you understand why telling people that they "choose" to be gay may be seen by others as ridiculous, offensive or ignorant? Can you at least try and imagine yourself as a person being told that you "choose" to be heterosexual, or white, or anything else that is a facet of your person you categorically did not willingly choose, and that you need to be "saved" from this part of yourself, and how that might make you feel?
I am willing but can you guys? You guys make it clear you won't change your views to met mine why ask me to do the same? I am not asking you guys to do it

sojourner

I am willing but can you guys? You guys make it clear you won't change your views to met mine why ask me to do the same? I am not asking you guys to do it
Because your views are 1) baseless in reason and 2) hurtful to others. Your views consist of systemic violence by dehumanizing a segment of the population.

sojourner

Other word you are not born into sin? You are so special that you are not born into sin?
Everybody is so special in God's eyes that they are born into goodness. No one is "born into sin." We are born from the breath of God. How can that be sin???

BenTheBeliever

It has everything to do with being a Christian, because science is the study of God's creation. Science brings us medications and procedures that save lives (which are precious to God). It includes science which shows that homosexuality is healthy and normal.
You took what I said out of content.