• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The bible and gays

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Never have caress for science. I finds it to be boring. I used to fall asleep in my science class in school. Never been my style or something I even like or listen to.
You'd rather simply sit back and dehumanize other people based on your belief, because you're lazy? Wow. Interesting choice. How very Herodian of you.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Ether way I don't care what you or others say.
What's the point of even being on this forum if you have no interest in the opinions and beliefs of anyone other than yourself? Why debate this issue if you're not even willing to listen to or even attempt to understand other perspectives?

BenTheBeliever

What's the point of even being on this forum if you have no interest in the opinions and beliefs of anyone other than yourself? Why debate this issue if you're not even willing to listen to or even attempt to understand other perspectives?
Because I debate stuff. That is why.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Because I debate stuff. That is why.
If you don't care what other people say, then you're not debating. You're just preaching. Debate is about exchanging views in an attempt to come to a common understanding. If you have no interest in anyone's views aside from your own, then you are incapable of meaningfully debating the subject. Can you please attempt to try and understand other views rather than simply ignore them?

BenTheBeliever

If you don't care what other people say, then you're not debating. You're just preaching. Debate is about exchanging views in an attempt to come to a common understanding. If you have no interest in anyone's views aside from your own, then you are incapable of meaningfully debating the subject. Can you please attempt to try and understand other views rather than simply ignore them?
You guys don't care what I have to say. What the hell would you call that?

ether-ore

Ok. But speaking very frankly, I find your POV incredibly arrogant. You dismiss anyone else's views of God as erroneous and only yours is correct. I do believe in God. I have spoken with God and I have every idea that who I spoke with was as real as the God you believe in.

If my arguments for my point of view seem like arrogance to you, there s not much I can do about that except to say that I am surprised that it needs to be said that if I didn't believe what I believe, then I wouldn't believe it... would I? If I believe my position to be true, then of course, I will consider any contrary view as erroneous. I have no doubt but that you believe in God and that you have spoken to Him and that He has answered your prayers. God loves all of His children and will answer all of their prayers.

The Christian gospels have debatable corroboration and those other books you so easily dismiss also have some as well. What prophets do you speak of and what 'mutual support'? Do you deny that there are hundreds of PhD trained theologians, which would include me, that disagree with you? And that those people have studied this for decades, most often in the original languages? Can you do that? Can you read Koine Greek, Aramaic and Hebrew?
That you believe the Christian gospels are not corroborated is no concern of mine. I will speak from the point of view that they are. I "dismiss" other declarations of god because they, being single source materials, have no other single source corroboration. And as I said, commentaries from PhD s or any other similar sources do not count as original source material. The mutual corroboration I speak of, are the various prophets of the Old Testament as well as the apostles and prophets of the New Testament. Also, being LDS, I include the prophet, Joseph Smith as well as other modern day prophets. All of these speak (to one degree or other) of the divinity of Jesus Christ and His gospel of salvation and which includes the overall plan for our eternal progression.

I would hope that you would understand that from my perspective, having been to seminary myself, and having studied all of my life, I consider that any theological seminary that teaches a theology contrary to what I believe is handing out invalid degrees. No. I do not read or speak any other language, but then I don't need to. I believe the KJV Bible to be the word of God insofar as it is translated correctly. I also believe the Book of Mormon, the Pearl of Great Price and the Doctrine & Covenants to be the word of God. That newly minted PhD s are reading original transcripts and coming up with new interpretations is again no concern of mine. Besides, how many of them agree among themselves? How many of them have started a new denomination (to add to the thousands of others) based on their interpretation? It is still, after all is said and done, about interpretation and I believe in the theological interpretation I espouse. No other theological interpretation I have heard of has such a compelling and coherent concept concerning of where we came from, why we are here in mortality and what will happen to us after this life is over (depending on our behavior) than does the theology is espouse.

Tell me. What do you believe concerning all of those things? Please, what do you believe concerning our origens? Why do you think we are here in mortality? What is your conception of what will happen to each individual after they depart mortality? Is the after life gradated according to the severity of the sin or is there only heaven and hell? I would be interested to see if you can paint a compelling picture of who we are in eternal terms and what our potential is.

BenTheBeliever

And? The point is that if you don't care what people's opinions are, why are you on a forum that is explicitly about discussing views?
Cause I used to be on another board where I had good fellow ship with believers and non until the owner kicked me off. I am on here cause I am friends with Jo and I get board so I like to debate.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Cause I used to be on another board where I had good fellow ship with believers and non until the owner kicked me off. I am on here cause I am friends with Jo and I get board so I like to debate.
If you like to debate, then clearly you DO care what other people's opinions are. Why would you say you didn't?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
He creates all humans he however did not make them to be gay. That happen after the fall out of Eden
Yes. Gay is how some people are created. This is like saying that "blacks weren't created black, because that happened after humanity fell out of Eden." It's claptrap. And it hurts others.