• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The bible and gays

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I get what you are saying but I am standing by what God says. Who do you think knows more man or the one who created man?
I don't believe God exists, so you saying that is meaningless to me. I am not at all interested in your belief in God. I am only interested in your claim that gay people CHOOSE to be gay, which so far you have presented no reasoning to support. I have tried to get you to understand that gay people do not CHOOSE to be gay any more than you CHOOSE to love your wife. If you have difficulty understanding that, then I feel very sorry for you and your lack of human empathy.

BenTheBeliever

I don't believe God exists, so you saying that is meaningless to me. I am not at all interested in your belief in God. I am only interested in your claim that gay people CHOOSE to be gay, which so far you have presented no reasoning to support. I have tried to get you to understand that gay people do not CHOOSE to be gay any more than you CHOOSE to love your wife. If you have difficulty understanding that, then I feel very sorry for you and your lack of human empathy.
I gave my opinion. I am done with this now. It is going to go no where. You think it is not a choice. I do. You don't believe in God. I do believe in God. God makes it clear to us it is pointless to debate with people cause they don't want to give up their sin. Which is a very true statement.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I gave my opinion. I am done with this now. It is going to go no where. You think it is not a choice. I do.
No you don't, because you clearly said you couldn't choose to stop loving your wife. Either you can or you cannot. If you cannot, then love isn't a matter of choice. If you can, then love is a matter of choice. It's that simple.

You don't believe in God. I do believe in God. God makes it clear to us it is pointless to debate with people cause they don't want to give up their sin. Which is a very true statement.
I have no interest in any of these beliefs or baseless statements. You have already demonstrated a lack of understanding of the Bible, so why should I even take your belief seriously?

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
Any disease can be held at the cross. Will every disease be healed? No sadly. Sometimes you don't get a yes. But I do know he heals. I've seen it with my own eyes. That is enough for me to know he does.

Cool. So knowing that, why did God make me in a way that I am physically incapable of the ability to care as to whether or not he truly exists? Or as to whether or not he loves me? Or even the ability to truly respect him for creating me?

Makes me wonder if I'm just a throwaway type your God has made.

BenTheBeliever

Cool. So knowing that, why did God make me in a way that I am physically incapable of the ability to care as to whether or not he truly exists? Or as to whether or not he loves me? Or even the ability to truly respect him for creating me?

Makes me wonder if I'm just a throwaway type your God has made.
There is no throwaways. We live in a fall world. The price that was paid for Adam and Eve going against what God told them not to do.

JoStories

No disrespect but I can't agree with you there. You made that choice just like we all make choices in our life.
You can disagree however, there are scientists that are tracing down the genetic basis for homosexuality, meaning that it is NOT a choice anymore than someone who develops a mental illness or had to live with cerebral palsy or has a club foot etc.

JoStories

I love my wife. I chose to love my wife. If you knew anything about me you know that the first two years of my marriage was hard as hell. I chose to marry a woman who has no polar. I chose to stand by my wife side for better or worse. My in laws even gave me a chance to get out after my wife had a bad bi polar attack. I chose to stand by her side and never once regret it. Satan even try to use my ex finicee to get me to turn away from my wife when she was sick but I chose to stand there and protect my wife cause I take marriage series
You didn't answer Immortal's question Ben. Did you choose to be heterosexual? IOW, did you choose to be straight and love women?

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
There is no throwaways. We live in a fall world. The price that was paid for Adam and Eve going against what God told them not to do.

That does nothing for me though, not where God is concerned.
Even if I were to go to whichever church and pray to whichever God there would be no emotion behind it.
But I'm still expected to follow a load of rules that contradict with how I naturally think.
Even though there are tons of other religions out there, I am apparently meant to follow only this one.
Only this ones set of rules.

Moreover than even that, if I don't follow this set of rules I may very well go to Hell.

I don't believe that your God, who is modernly portrayed as fair and loving, is fair in putting me in this situation.
Do you?

BenTheBeliever

That does nothing for me though, not where God is concerned.
Even if I were to go to whichever church and pray to whichever God there would be no emotion behind it.
But I'm still expected to follow a load of rules that contradict with how I naturally think.
Even though there are tons of other religions out there, I am apparently meant to follow only this one.
Only this ones set of rules.

Moreover than even that, if I don't follow this set of rules I may very well go to Hell.

I don't believe that your God, who is modernly portrayed as fair and loving, is fair in putting me in this situation.
Do you?
We put our own self's in our messes not God.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Plural marriage is sanctioned by God on some occasions and only on those occasions.
That's not spelled out in the bible. Yet it seems iron-clad to you -- even though it happened in the bible, and then it didn't happen, and then JS decided that it should happen, and then somebody else decided that it shouldn't, yaddayaddayadda... How do you know Somebody hasn't decided that homosexual marriage is OK, even if that's not spelled out in the bible? In fact, interracial marriage is contraindicated in the bible, yet that seems to be OK now -- "Somebody" decided that it was really OK now. Well, homosexual marriage has been declared OK now. Get over it.
That some Christians have accepted same sex activity as ok, I believe to be mistaken.
No, it's really true! many Christians have accepted -- not only homosexual activity, but homosexual marriage as OK. It's no mistake.
Christianity is not homogeneous. There are many diverse doctrines which is why there are so many denominations. Of course they cannot all be right because of such disagreement.
Sure they can! Humanity, itself, is very diverse, and God is very, very, very big.
I do believe I have made the right choice of all the denominations extant.
You've made the right choice for you. Just as others have made the right choice for them. The point is, your morality is your morality. You don't get to decide what's "right" or "decent" for the rest of the world. If homosexual marriage turns you off because of how you identify, then, by all means, don't become homosexually married! But don't dehumanize others for making their choices, based upon their identities.
I just about guarantee you that attempting to forcing religious organizations to solemnize same sex marriages through legal means is next on the agenda.
I just about guarantee you that this is nothing more than Conservative Scare Tactic.
The reason being is that after all is said and done, it is acceptance that the homosexual community is after.
They SHOULD be accepted!!! They're sexual human beings, same as all the rest of us heterosexuals, aren't they? Do you not accept blacks, because they're not "the same" as the majority? They're not "white enough?" Do you not accept Jews, because they're not "Christian enough," like us? Do you not accept First Nations people, because they're not "European enough," like the rest of us? People are who they are. Being black isn't a sin. Being homosexual isn't a sin.

But engaging in bigotry is.
And they think they can get it through legal pressure as if God would recognize the laws of men.
And you think you can stop it through keeping them beat down. What's next on your agenda, when you find out you can't pray them away? "Homosexuals only" drinking fountains? No! Wait! Even better! Let's segregate heaven and keep them completely out of God's Mormon Presence! Yah! That'll show 'em!

BenTheBeliever

You can disagree however, there are scientists that are tracing down the genetic basis for homosexuality, meaning that it is NOT a choice anymore than someone who develops a mental illness or had to live with cerebral palsy or has a club foot etc.
Just cause scientists say this g does not mean God approves