• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The bible and gays

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
ImmortalFlame

I am intrigued by your name as contrasted with some of your posts. Do you believe in immortality and if so, what is your basis for that belief?
No, I don't believe in Immortality. My name is simply a moniker I took on years ago when I chatted in chatrooms under the name "ImmoralFlame", which is a reference to a favourite computer game series of mine. People kept misreading my name as "Immortal" and it kind of stuck. That's all it is, really.

JoStories

When people tell you that you have to stay married to that, thastr not from God but Religion.
I know that is what you believe Ben but no everyone does. For Catholics, divorce is also a mortal sin. So you see it is all a matter of who is interpreting the Bible and what they think it says. I have no trouble with what you believe Ben but you have to see the difference, non?

BenTheBeliever

I know that is what you believe Ben but no everyone does. For Catholics, divorce is also a mortal sin. So you see it is all a matter of who is interpreting the Bible and what they think it says. I have no trouble with what you believe Ben but you have to see the difference, non?
I see the differences that is why I stand up for what God really wants. He does not want people to be trapped. He CA e to set us free not trap us

JoStories

From your perspective, I'm sure my belief does not undermine yours. Nevertheless, yes, I do believe your disbelief has no bearing on the existence of God or His laws. If I didn't believe that then I wouldn't believe that, would I? There is no proof of the existence of God. If you do not believe in God, there is nothing I can do to pursued you otherwise. I am repeatedly talking about the physical issue because that is the topic. The op: "the bible and gays" makes it about the physical.
Ok. But speaking very frankly, I find your POV incredibly arrogant. You dismiss anyone else's views of God as erroneous and only yours is correct. I do believe in God. I have spoken with God and I have every idea that who I spoke with was as real as the God you believe in.

The Christian scriptures have corroboration. Many books from different prophets offering mutual support to one another and creating a coherent and cohesive narrative the same subject. The other books you mentioned are single source materials from one author which have no corroboration. Commentaries on those books do not qualify as original source material. That is how I know.

The Christian gospels have debatable corroboration and those other books you so easily dismiss also have some as well. What prophets do you speak of and what 'mutual support'? Do you deny that there are hundreds of PhD trained theologians, which would include me, that disagree with you? And that those people have studied this for decades, most often in the original languages? Can you do that? Can you read Koine Greek, Aramaic and Hebrew?

JoStories

Good grief. I don't know how to make it any plainer. The only place where God's law allows a sexual expression of love is between one man and one woman who are married. God's law does not recognize marriage between same sex couples. They may have civil marriages while in mortality until death do they part. But that is not recognized by God and forcing people of faith to perform such marriages will not make it any more acceptable to God. So yes, same sex couples would have to control their sexual desires if they wish to repent and be accepted by God.

So, go ahead and disagree; just remember, attempting to use the government force of mortal men will not have any affect on God and the eternal nature of things.
No one, or at least, not me, is asking to have priests or whomever be forced to marry same sex couples. All we want is the right to BE married with all that entails. Tax rights, insurance, etc. As for the rest, that is your belief....PERIOD. It has no bearing on me or people like me who don't believe in the Bible or what you faith states. And btw...Jesus never spoke about homosexuality. Not once. Paul did but Paul didn't know Jesus. You can argue he had an hallucination but that is not the same at all. And since most Christians follow Paulian law they are Paulians, not Christians.

BenTheBeliever

No one, or at least, not me, is asking to have priests or whomever be forced to marry same sex couples. All we want is the right to BE married with all that entails. Tax rights, insurance, etc. As for the rest, that is your belief....PERIOD. It has no bearing on me or people like me who don't believe in the Bible or what you faith states. And btw...Jesus never spoke about homosexuality. Not once. Paul did but Paul didn't know Jesus. You can argue he had an hallucination but that is not the same at all. And since most Christians follow Paulian law they are Paulians, not Christians.
We all can know Jesus. He showed himself to Paul when he was Saul. To me that is knowing Jesus. Why do you think we always talk about having a relationship with Christ. If we can know him why can't Paul?

JoStories

That I can't agree with. There is a differences between illness and people choosing to be gay. Both can have salvation in Christ. But that does not mean God agree with what they do
People don't 'choose' to be gay. Are you truly serious with all the negativity and crap that we are faced with by people of the Christian faith that we would want to be gay?? I was born this way. And to deny who I am is to deny who I am. There is nothing to 'repent'. I cannot change who I am and I don't want to.