• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The bible and gays

BenTheBeliever

People don't 'choose' to be gay. Are you truly serious with all the negativity and crap that we are faced with by people of the Christian faith that we would want to be gay?? I was born this way. And to deny who I am is to deny who I am. There is nothing to 'repent'. I cannot change who I am and I don't want to.
You were born this why yet you were married before that? Are you sure it is not a choice you made?

JoStories

We all can know Jesus. He showed himself to Paul when he was Saul. To me that is knowing Jesus. Why do you think we always talk about having a relationship with Christ. If we can know him why can't Paul?
The difference, at least for me, is that you consider Paul as having been the mouthpiece for God. Would you write a book and go out and state it was God's law? Or would you simply say you believe in what you understand God to be? Would you then stone people who didn't follow your laws? Or condemn them to hell?

BenTheBeliever

The difference, at least for me, is that you consider Paul as having been the mouthpiece for God. Would you write a book and go out and state it was God's law? Or would you simply say you believe in what you understand God to be? Would you then stone people who didn't follow your laws? Or condemn them to hell?
I don't consider Paul any more important then the rest of us. God used him as the vessel to write most of the NT but that does not mean he is higher up in God court. We are all the same in that area

JoStories

You were born this why yet you were married before that? Are you sure it is not a choice you made?
I was married because I got pregnant in a time when getting an abortion was not easy. I didn't think I had any choices. And not to mention he beat the sh*t out of me even before we were married. Do you really think I had a choice there? When I found my partner, it was not a choice Ben. She was my soul mate and we would be together today, happily married, if she had not died. So no, it was not a choice.

BenTheBeliever

I was married because I got pregnant in a time when getting an abortion was not easy. I didn't think I had any choices. And not to mention he beat the sh*t out of me even before we were married. Do you really think I had a choice there? When I found my partner, it was not a choice Ben. She was my soul mate and we would be together today, happily married, if she had not died. So no, it was not a choice.
No disrespect but I can't agree with you there. You made that choice just like we all make choices in our life.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
If I made that choice. But I chose not to do that cause I love her
So you believe that you simply CHOSE to love your wife, and, if you desired, you could choose NOT to love her?

How about this: Do you think you CHOSE to be attracted to women rather than men? Do you think you could CHOOSE to be attracted to men instead?

JoStories

He came to set people free from mentally illness. My wife has bi polar and I battle real bad depression. God came to set us free from that stuff.
I was not aware that believing in God 'cured' mental illness. There are many people in asylums that will never be let out due to mental illness and there is NO cure for them. Schizophrenia has no cure. BPD can be treated with meds but there is no cure. Etc. Are you really saying that mental illness can be cured by believing in God? Because that is simply untrue.

BenTheBeliever

So you believe that you simply CHOSE to love your wife, and, if you desired, you could choose NOT to love her?
I love my wife. I chose to love my wife. If you knew anything about me you know that the first two years of my marriage was hard as hell. I chose to marry a woman who has no polar. I chose to stand by my wife side for better or worse. My in laws even gave me a chance to get out after my wife had a bad bi polar attack. I chose to stand by her side and never once regret it. Satan even try to use my ex finicee to get me to turn away from my wife when she was sick but I chose to stand there and protect my wife cause I take marriage series

BenTheBeliever

I was not aware that believing in God 'cured' mental illness. There are many people in asylums that will never be let out due to mental illness and there is NO cure for them. Schizophrenia has no cure. BPD can be treated with meds but there is no cure. Etc. Are you really saying that mental illness can be cured by believing in God? Because that is simply untrue.
God can heal anything. He been healing my wife. She has not had a bipolar or a Schizophrenia attack in two years. She does not even take as much meds anymore. Thing begin to change when she begin to listen to preachers on line who talk about healing

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I love my wife. I chose to love my wife. If you knew anything about me you know that the first two years of my marriage was hard as hell. I chose to marry a woman who has no polar. I chose to stand by my wife side for better or worse. My in laws even gave me a chance to get out after my wife had a bad bi polar attack. I chose to stand by her side and never once regret it. Satan even try to use my ex finicee to get me to turn away from my wife when she was sick but I chose to stand there and protect my wife cause I take marriage series
None of this answers my question. I'm asking you could you simply choose to STOP loving your wife? If love is a choice, then you SHOULD be able to do that. If you cannot, then surely that calls into question whether or not love is a choice. I'm going to make this crystal clear: I am not doubting that you love your wife, and I'm not doubting that you CHOSE to stand by her and marry her. I am simply asking you to give an honest answer to a simple question about LOVE. Not marriage, not standing by someone. I am asking you questions in order to get you to understand that love is not a choice.

Now please be gracious enough to answer my questions and stop avoiding them:

How about this: Do you think you CHOSE to be attracted to women rather than men? Do you think you could CHOOSE to be attracted to men instead?

BenTheBeliever

I was raised by a single mom and grandma. People talk about could I turn out gay but I am not gay nor care to be gay. I am super sensitive but that is how God made me.

BenTheBeliever

None of this answers my question. I'm asking you could you simply choose to STOP loving your wife? If love is a choice, then you SHOULD be able to do that. If you cannot, then surely that calls into question whether or not love is a choice. I'm going to make this crystal clear: I am not doubting that you love your wife, and I'm not doubting that you CHOSE to stand by her and marry her. I am simply asking you to give an honest answer to a simple question about LOVE. Not marriage, not standing by someone. I am asking you questions in order to get you to understand that love is not a choice.

Now please be gracious enough to answer my questions and stop avoiding them:

I did answer it. I could never chose not to love my wife cause I love her. You don't like the answer I gave you. To bad so sad get a room and get over it.

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
Can APD be cured by God too?
I'm fine how I am, but it's just a point of interest.

If this God supposedly made me what society might consider a morally devoid heartless monster, would he be so kind as to fix it too?

BenTheBeliever

Can APD be cured by God too?
I'm fine how I am, but it's just a point of interest.

If this God supposedly made me what society might consider a morally devoid heartless monster, would he be so kind as to fix it too?
Any disease can be held at the cross. Will every disease be healed? No sadly. Sometimes you don't get a yes. But I do know he heals. I've seen it with my own eyes. That is enough for me to know he does.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I did answer it. I could never chose not to love my wife cause I love her.
So, do you not consider then that the love you feel wasn't CHOSEN? You can't CHOOSE to love or not love someone. If you admit that you CAN'T simply choose to stop loving your wife, then you must admit that love IS NOT A CHOICE.

You don't like the answer I gave you. To bad so sad get a room and get over it.
Please don't be childish. I just wanted a straight answer to a couple of simple questions that you seemed determined to avoid.

BenTheBeliever

So, do you not consider then that the love you feel wasn't CHOSEN? You can't CHOOSE to love or not love someone. If you admit that you CAN'T simply choose to stop loving your wife, then you must admit that love IS NOT A CHOICE.

Please don't be childish. I just wanted a straight answer to a couple of simple questions that you seemed determined to avoid.
And I gave my answer

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
And I gave my answer
No you didn't. I asked you "COULD you choose not to love your wife", and you said you "COULD do it, but you wouldn't do it because you love her". This is a nonsensical answer at best. It's like being asked "Could you not put ketchup on a burger" and answering "I could, but I wouldn't do that because I have put ketchup on my burger". By saying that you COULDN'T choose to stop loving your wife BECAUSE YOU LOVE HER, you are implying that you CAN'T simply choose to stop loving your wife.

Do you or do you not understand that love is not a choice?