• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible Was Right. The Earth Is Flat.

cambridge79

"Videos," as I wrote, are no subsitute for direct sight. IMO any rational, intelligent being can understand that - with the state of computing today - almost anything can be computer generated.

I have no personal knowledge if this video is computer generated or not, or what kind of lenses were used if it wasn't computer generated, both of which leaves room for doubt. Believing the content of this video is a form of faith - not knowledge.

For what that matters you have no personal knowledge that even your own memories are actually things that really happened to you, they may have been inplanted in your brain while you were asleep and you would not even notice. Philip K Dick wrote a lot of novels about that.
So not even you are a reliable source of information for yourself. So, how can you know you actually were alive yesterday?
you actually even have no evidence that you sleep at all. You are not there to prove it, and every video they show to you sleeping may be computer generated.

cambridge79

hqdefault.jpg

I agree, sometimes you just have to laugh. 9/11 truthers and reptilian believers are not much different though. Even those strange moon landing deniers...

at least, 9/11 thruthers or moon landing deniers may have a point even if they use all sort of absurdities to prove it.
I mean, in theory you could see a reason why u.s. would possibly want to fake a moon landing. but You also see that all their arguments they refer too are laughable, that they mostly show a lack of knowledge in physics or photography, so they make a fool of themselves. But at least their starting point is somehow understandable.
flat earth is a simply absurd standpoint from every perspective you look at it. I mean, in a cockoo scale going from 1 to 10, ufos are at level 1, fake moon landing may be at level 5, flat earth it's a round 10.
"Videos," as I wrote, are no subsitute for direct sight. IMO any rational, intelligent being can understand that - with the state of computing today - almost anything can be computer generated.

I have no personal knowledge if this video is computer generated or not, or what kind of lenses were used if it wasn't computer generated, both of which leaves room for doubt. Believing the content of this video is a form of faith - not knowledge.

what about Fucault pendulum. That involves Coriolis acceleration that can only be real on a rotating spheric body. You can build one, you can witness one, you can't fake one because it would be you building and operating it. How would you explain that if the earth was flat? please provide working math formulas.

buddhist

For what that matters you have no personal knowledge that even your own memories are actually things that really happened to you, they may have been inplanted in your brain and you would not even notice. Philip K Dick wrote a lot of novels about that. So not even you are a reliable source of information for yourself. So, how can you know you actually were alive yesterday?
IMO the consciousness exists on a higher plane than the brain, so the consciousness is aware.

buddhist

what about Fucault pendulum. That involves Coriolis acceleration that can only be real on a rotating spheric body. How would you explain that if the earth was flat? please provide working math formulas
I've no desire to debate circumstancial evidence here. There is circumstantial evidence on the flat-earth side as well.

My standard is personal knowledge.

cambridge79

I have no personal knowledge of the source of your video or of the ISS.

why are you even writing on this forum? You have no personal knowledge of the servers this forum is running on, you can't personally see the user replying. So why waste your time here if you can't even know what this place exactly is. Maybe we're all the same person that is writing with different usernames.

cambridge79

I've no desire to debate circumstancial evidence here. There is circumstantial evidence on the flat-earth side as well.

My standard is personal knowledge.

oh ok, so you will reject evidences ( i assume you're not even able to understand fucault principle and physic ) and reality and you just want the right to claim things with no evidences supporting them, and against every possible evidence against them. I believe you have the right to do that. Like i have the right to pretend i'm napoleon probably. If that's what makes you happy......vive la france mon amis

buddhist

why are you even writing on this forum? You have no personal knowledge of the servers this forum is running on, you can't personally see the user replying. So why waste your time here if you can't even know what this place exactly is. Maybe we're all the same person that is writing with different usernames.
It's possible. But my lack of belief or knowledge of the servers does not change my goal to debate certain topics. The nature of the servers or of the various personas does not affect that goal.

ThirtyThree

For what that matters you have no personal knowledge that even your own memories are actually things that really happened to you, they may have been inplanted in your brain while you were asleep and you would not even notice. Philip K Dick wrote a lot of novels about that.
So not even you are a reliable source of information for yourself. So, how can you know you actually were alive yesterday?
you actually even have no evidence that you sleep at all. You are not there to prove it, and every video they show to you sleeping may be computer generated.

Insanity always goes in a circle... like the flat Earth.

cambridge79

It's possible. But my lack of belief or knowledge of the servers does not change my goal to debate certain topics. The nature of the servers or of the various personas does not affect that goal.

What goal would it be?
there's a chance we are not even real people, so what goal would you be in talking to a computer simulation? It's talking with nobody listening at that point.

cambridge79

To chat. Whether or not the servers or personas are "real" does not affect my ability to chat.
if i'm a computer simulation you're not having a chat. Just like you're not driving a car when playing a driving videogame. you would be just wasting time. Of course if that's your actual goal, yes, that would be accomplished.

What's your goal in pushing a round-Earth?
is there a goal in aknowledging reality? Do you have a goal when watching a cat you say "oh, there's a cat" or watching a tree you say "oh, there's a tree"?

ThirtyThree

I mean, in a cockoo scale going from 1 to 10, ufos are at level 1, fake moon landing may be at level 5, flat earth it's a round 10.

9/11 Truth is around level 8 for me with the fake plane hologram theory. Illuminati controlling the world is around a level 7 and I have to say Obama drinking the blood of children in his secret reptilian bunker is a solid 9. UFOs are level 1, I agree. Level 2 is ancient astronauts from Nibiru.

buddhist

if i'm a computer simulation you're not having a chat. Just like you're not driving a car when playing a driving videogame. you would be just wasting time. Of course if that's your actual goal, yes, that would be accomplished.
Whether or not you are "real" or not, it accomplishes my goal of chatting and clarifying my own beliefs.

buddhist

[QUOTE="cambridge79, post: 4591813, member: 58827"is there a goal in aknowledging reality? Do you have a goal when watching a cat you say "oh, there's a cat" or watching a tree you say "oh, there's a tree"?[/QUOTE]That's fine if the cat is right in front of me, and I can directly experience it for myself.

I have not directly experienced the totality of a round or flat earth for myself.

cambridge79

9/11 Truth is around level 8 for me with the fake plane hologram theory. Illuminati controlling the world is around a level 7 and I have to say Obama drinking the blood of children in his secret reptilian bunker is a solid 9. UFOs are level 1, I agree. Level 2 is ancient astronauts from Nibiru.

i think we should separate the basic theory from the actual evidences built upon them to have a perfect analisis of them.

For example, fake moon landing as a principle could be a 2. I mean, in theory it would make sense to fake a moon landing in case you weren't able to make a real one, considering the race to space against the russians.
but the evidences that fake moon landers provide to backup their theory, well those are all between 6 and 8 on a scale.
Pretending they know best than russians secret service who had all the interests in showing the landing was faked and that never advanced such hipotesis should be enough to rethink their position if they were honest.

9/11 thruthers, in theory it's not unconcievable that an evil govern could go as far as faking an attack. I don't think there's the need or the ability to come up with something the scale of 9/11 but let's say the basic principle could be a 4 on a cockoo level. But the arguments they put forward, like remote controlled or hologram planes with fake phone calls and so on, well that's not even a 10, it's like a 20 or 30 on the cockoo scale.

Flat earth on the other hand it's already a round 10 on the cockoo scale in it's core, and stay on a round 10 with the arguments provided to backup such theory. So all in all flat earth is for sure on the podium of the cockoo scale, togheter with creationism. I actually think the level of ignorance you have to reach to believe in flat earth is way higher than the level of ignorance required to believe in creationism. I mean i wonder how one can even be a functional being while at the same time believing in flat earth.

Last edited:

cambridge79

Whether or not you are "real" or not, it accomplishes my goal of chatting and clarifying my own beliefs.

no. As i said if i'm a computer simulation this can't be consdiered a chat.

Second you're not clarifing your own belief. For sure not to me cause i am not even reading since i don't exists. And you're not clarifing them to you since you've clearly stated you won't accept evidences, so basically you're just like a child with hands over his ears screaming "i won't listen to you" in an empty room. but again, If that's what makes you happy...

cambridge79

[QUOTE="cambridge79, post: 4591813, member: 58827"is there a goal in aknowledging reality? Do you have a goal when watching a cat you say "oh, there's a cat" or watching a tree you say "oh, there's a tree"?That's fine if the cat is right in front of me, and I can directly experience it for myself.

I have not directly experienced the totality of a round or flat earth for myself.

how do you know that cat doesn't turn into a rock whenever you're not looking at him?

Curious George

Veteran Member
Have you directly seen the shape of the whole Earth with your own eyes? This is called reality.

Or have you just been taught about it through second-hand sources and second-hand evidences, e.g. alleged photos, videos, authority figures, etc.? This is called faith.
Well at least you aren't a theist, claiming you need to see something with your own eyes to believe it.