• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Bang Theory is dead.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Already been done with a video, links and @Polymath257 kindly explaining it. It's obvious you didn't bother watching the video in Its entirety. It seems to me you're just trolling... would that be correct?
Certainly not. That means no as an answer to your question. Hey, have a nice day!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You flubbed it and had no proof.

Chimps have 48 chromosomes and mankind 46.

Supposedly they are descended from a common ancestor.

But how could this have happened through evolution given sexual reproduction?

Just show how this plays out for 20 generations of offspring.
Start with 48 chromosomes.
A primate with 48 by some weird event has an offspring with 46 .
The offspring then mates with another primate of the same species which of course has all 48.
Now each donates 1/2 and then what?
How many chromosomes from each parent does the first offspring have?
24 from each or 24 from one and 23 from the other?
How could that offspring even survive?
How did it ever have an offspring?
Who did the first offspring mate with if it is not another primate with 48 chromosomes?
How could 2 chromosomes fuse if their ends are protected?
Keep going until 20 generations.

And do not forget the over 100 million differences in the DNA between chimps and people.

And of course, there can be no common descent if the chromosome counts are different for any proposed species pairs.
I have proved that macro evolution is a lie.

And I have also proved abiogenies is impossible without God and the Big Bang too.
You do make us laugh with all of your silly false claims.

Tell me, are zebras and horses of the same kind? If not (and I am pretty sure that most creationists claim that they are since they can breed with each other) are all zebras of the same kind?

SavedByTheLord

You do make us laugh with all of your silly false claims.

Tell me, are zebras and horses of the same kind? If not (and I am pretty sure that most creationists claim that they are since they can breed with each other) are all zebras of the same kind?
If they can mate and produce offspring then they are of the same kind.

SavedByTheLord

:facepalm: But what it's a drawing of is evidence. Evidence of a common ancestor. You're big objection to a common ancestor turns out to be strong evidence for said ancestor.

You couldn't make it up. Clueless creationism in action.

The offspring then mates with another primate of the same species which of course has all 48.
Who did the first offspring mate with if it is not another primate with 48 chromosomes?

And do not forget the over 100 million differences in the DNA between chimps and people.

And of course, there can be no common descent if the chromosome counts are different for any proposed species pairs.

And I have also proved abiogenies is impossible without God and the Big Bang too.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If they can mate and produce offspring then they are of the same kind.
Well then, why did you complain about a difference of a mere 2 chromosome? Which is actually only one chromosome pair? Zebras can have as few as 32 chromosomes and horses have 64. That is a difference of 32.

Oh, and what happened when the first ape ancestor of ours had a fused chromosome? He or she just kept breeding with his or her fellow apes. Now it is such a pity that I cannot find an example of two different critters with a different number of chromosomes that can interbreed and have fertile young. Such a dilemma. Such a dilemma:

SavedByTheLord

Well then, why did you complain about a difference of a mere 2 chromosome? Which is actually only one chromosome pair? Zebras can have as few as 32 chromosomes and horses have 64. That is a difference of 32.

Oh, and what happened when the first ape ancestor of ours had a fused chromosome? He or she just kept breeding with his or her fellow apes. Now it is such a pity that I cannot find an example of two different critters with a different number of chromosomes that can interbreed and have fertile young. Such a dilemma. Such a dilemma:

If they can mate and produce an offspring they are the same kind.

Macro evolution is false,

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Chromosomes come in pairs. One pair fused. We even know which one. I went over this with you in depth.

Why do you think that it would not have survived. The odds as that it had 47 chromosomes. A temporary difference in number that still would allow fertile breeding:

That appears to be a bit on the high end. One source that I found was closer to 30 million differences between man and chimp. But let's say that your figure is accurate. To start off with on average about half of those changes would be human changes from that of the common ancestor and the other half would be chimp and bonobo changes. And that was roughly 7 million years ago. Plus average hominid population since then, it goes up and down, it does not always increase, was 50,000 individuals. And average lifespan was a mere 20 years over most of that period:

But we have some raw numbers now. Oh, and the average mutation rate per birth is 100 per birth. So over that time period we have 350,000 generations, times 50,000 people, times 100 mutations per birth. That gives us 1.75 * 10^12 mutations to draw from or 1.75 billion mutations. The negative mutations would take care of themselves. And many of the mutations that get fixed in the genome are neutral ones. It would only take a very small percentage of positive mutations to account for the 30 million to 100 million changes in the genome. Oops, 16 million to 50 million changes in the genome.

Ahem:

No, you only keep proving your ignorance.

SavedByTheLord

Chromosomes come in pairs. One pair fused. We even know which one. I went over this with you in depth.

Why do you think that it would not have survived. The odds as that it had 47 chromosomes. A temporary difference in number that still would allow fertile breeding:

That appears to be a bit on the high end. One source that I found was closer to 30 million differences between man and chimp. But let's say that your figure is accurate. To start off with on average about half of those changes would be human changes from that of the common ancestor and the other half would be chimp and bonobo changes. And that was roughly 7 million years ago. Plus average hominid population since then, it goes up and down, it does not always increase, was 50,000 individuals. And average lifespan was a mere 20 years over most of that period:

But we have some raw numbers now. Oh, and the average mutation rate per birth is 100 per birth. So over that time period we have 350,000 generations, times 50,000 people, times 100 mutations per birth. That gives us 1.75 * 10^12 mutations to draw from or 1.75 billion mutations. The negative mutations would take care of themselves. And many of the mutations that get fixed in the genome are neutral ones. It would only take a very small percentage of positive mutations to account for the 30 million to 100 million changes in the genome. Oops, 16 million to 50 million changes in the genome.

Ahem:

No, you only keep proving your ignorance.
This destroys the entire tree of life garbage.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This destroys the entire tree of life garbage.

How does it do that?

And you have to acknowledge that your claim that two closely related groups that have different number of chromosome numbers can and do interbreed and produce fertile offspring.

The fused chromosome, you know, number 2. The one where we an see clear evidence of fusion in it, would have not prevented interbreeding. There is no loss of genetic information. The in between generations would have 47 chromosomes and that would continue until one or the other became the prevailing number.

SavedByTheLord

How does it do that?

And you have to acknowledge that your claim that two closely related groups that have different number of chromosome numbers can and do interbreed and produce fertile offspring.

The fused chromosome, you know, number 2. The one where we an see clear evidence of fusion in it, would have not prevented interbreeding. There is no loss of genetic information. The in between generations would have 47 chromosomes and that would continue until one or the other became the prevailing number.
It means that there is no explanation for species not all having the same number of chromosomes if they use sexual reproduction.
They all should have the same number,

SavedByTheLord

Quoted from

While mammals with different numbers of chromosomes cannot produce fertile offspring – which is the case with offspring of donkeys and horses – amphibians, fish, plants and yeast sometimes can.

All mammal species should have the same number of chromosomes.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
You have already said that days are growing shorter, right? So the length of a day can change according to rotation. Furthermore, all 6 days of creation is said to have a beginning and an end. The 7th day does not say that. I could go on but if you can't admit that it is not written that the 7th day has an end written about it in the Genesis account, but the other 6 days do have a beginning and an end, I realize that maybe it's too difficult for you to say that the Bible does not say the 7th day of creation has an end written about that creative day. Please note I am not speaking of the sabbath day command given to the Jews. All 7 days in that week have a beginning and an end.
No, I said the rotation rate is slowing. That means that days are getting longer, not shorter.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Quoted from

While mammals with different numbers of chromosomes cannot produce fertile offspring – which is the case with offspring of donkeys and horses – amphibians, fish, plants and yeast sometimes can.

All mammal species should have the same number of chromosomes.
No, you are not listening. The article that you quoted was not accurate. The examples they gave were ones of speciation, not subspecies where the two are still closely related to each other. The example that I linked is of the domestic horse and Przewalski's Horse. They have 64 and 66 chromosomes respectively. They can interbreed and their young are fertile and have 65 chromosomes. I posted that article for you to read countless times.

Were you too lazy to click on the link? I clicked on yours. That is how I know that they did not use very closely related species to the point of them being subspecies:

" Przewalski's horse has the highest diploid chromosome number among all equine species. They can interbreed with the domestic horse and produce fertile offspring, with 65 chromosomes.[6]"

SavedByTheLord

No, you are not listening. The article that you quoted was not accurate. The examples they gave were ones of speciation, not subspecies where the two are still closely related to each other. The example that I linked is of the domestic horse and Przewalski's Horse. They have 64 and 66 chromosomes respectively. They can interbreed and their young are fertile and have 65 chromosomes. I posted that article for you to read countless times.

Were you too lazy to click on the link? I clicked on yours. That is how I know that they did not use very closely related species to the point of them being subspecies:

" Przewalski's horse has the highest diploid chromosome number among all equine species. They can interbreed with the domestic horse and produce fertile offspring, with 65 chromosomes.[6]"
But that is still the end of the line as those offspring do not produce offspring with 65 chromosomes.

Some authorities feel strongly that the Przewalski horse is the ancestor of all modern breeds. Others point out that it is a different species from the domesticated horse, having 66 chromosomes as compared to the 64 of the domestic horse. They further point out that while crosses between the Przewalski and domestic horses result in a fertile hybrid, the offspring has 65 chromosomes. Subsequent crosses result in 64 chromosomes and bear little resemblance to the Przewalski. The Foundation for the preservation and protection of the Przewalski's Horse, in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, report that only a few Przewalski horses are tamable, in proportions similar to a Zebra.