• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Bang Theory is dead.

SavedByTheLord

The problem here is that you made a bold empty claim, then shot yourself in the foot by showing your bold empty claim is nothing but bovine feces.

Sadly, you are unable to comprehend what that does for your credibility.
I proved it already a number of times.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Thus far the only thing you have proven is that your claim "out of nothing is preposterous" is a big steaming pile of bovine feces when you in the next breath say that your chosen deity created EVERYTHING out of nothing.

SavedByTheLord

Thus far the only thing you have proven is that your claim "out of nothing is preposterous" is a big steaming pile of bovine feces when you in the next breath say that your chosen deity created EVERYTHING out of nothing.
Can you give a rational explanation for the existence of any gene?

Can you give a rational explanation for how any new gene comes into being with evolution?

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member

Can you give a rational explanation for how any new gene comes into being with evolution?
When you're asking a person to educate you so that you learn new things and expand your mind it is not nice to talk to them as though you are the Spanish Inquisition

SavedByTheLord

When you're asking a person to educate you so that you learn new things and expand your mind it is not nice to talk to them as though you are the Spanish Inquisition
Actually I was not asking to be educated by you in this particular area of knowledge.
I was just calling certain information to your attention so that you could consider it.
I have learned quite a bit in conversing with all those on this site. And those friendly conversations has spurred be to expand my research into many areas.
So thanks.

McBell

Admiral Obvious

Can you give a rational explanation for throwing a cat out a car window that it become kitty litter?

Can you give a rational explanation for how it is possible to be totally partial?

gnostic

The Lost One
I realize what you are saying, many say that. I do not go along with their reasoning, yes I realize there is limited evidence but...as you probably realize, lack of evidence doesn't mean it didn't happen.

In another word, you don't care if there are no evidence what you believe in, you will accept what you believe to be true, regardless of the evidence.

That's called "faith", YoursTrue.

Faith is about "conviction" and "acceptance" to whatever your point of view to be true, they are based on "trust".

But another word for faith, is circular reasoning and confirmation bias. Faith-based belief isn't just trusting belief without evidence, accepting anything that defy evidence or reality, is also very illogical.

As you have admitted that you don't care about any evidence - as you wrote "as you probably realize, lack of evidence doesn't mean it didn't happen" - show that you own reasoning illogical and based on circular reasoning and confirmation bias.

As to what I wrote about Moses never existing, is based on the following facts:

1. There are no original version of the Exodus and other books about Moses' life, such as living during the mid-2nd millennium BCE (that around the 16th and 15th centuries BCE), such texts don't exist. There are evidence that the composition of the Exdous, Numbers and Leviticus, more likely in the 6th century BCE.
  2. Except for the "Israel" existing in the inscriptions of Merneptah Stele (1208 BCE), there are no earlier Egyptian records and texts that mentions of anything about Israel, Israelites (or Hebrews) being slaves, no mentions on people like Joseph, Jacob, Moses or Joshua.
800px-Merneptah_Steli_%28cropped%29.jpg

The Merneptah Stele (the image above is from Wikipedia article) is the only thing that mentioned "Israel", in the Late Bronze Age (c 1590 - 1050 BCE).

The Merneptah Stele is a stone granite, which contained hieroglyphs that commemorated the achievements of Merneptah (reign 1213 - 1203 BCE), son of Ramesses II (reign 1279 - 1213 BCE), Merneptah's army have defeated the following enemies - the Hittites (or Hatti), Libyans, the Sea People, as well as those living in Syria and Canaan, and among the places that these victories took places were Yanoam, Asquala, Gezer and Israel.

Merneptah's father was actually the one who construction of Pi-Ramesses, which literally the "House of Ramesses", was supposedly the same city as Rameses in Exodus 1 and Exodus 12. But both Ramesses II and Merneptah were pharaohs of the 19th dynasty that was founded in 1292 by Ramesses I.

This is rather too late for the story of Moses took place. King Solomon supposed started the construction of the Temple in the 4th year of his reign, where 1 Kings 6:1 say this:

1 Kings 6:1 (NRSV) 6 In the four hundred eightieth year after the Israelites came out of the land of Egypt, in the fourth year of Solomon’s reign over Israel, in the month of Ziv, which is the second month, he began to build the house of the Lord.

If Solomon was a real king of the 10th century BCE, then his 4th year would be somewhere in 967 BCE (that date is only approximate), then the exodus out of Egypt (see Exodus 12:37) would have took place about 1447 BCE (that would put this in the reign of Thutmose III (1479 - 1425 BCE). And if we were to believe that Moses was a real person, and this exodus from Rameses (Exodus 12:37), when Moses was 80, then Moses would have been born in 1527 BCE, near the end of Ahmose I's reign (c 1550 - c 1525 BCE) who was founder of the 18th dynasty.

Unlike the kingdoms of Judah and Israel, the lives of Egyptian pharaohs, particularly the ones I have mentioned above (Ahmose I, Thutmose III, Ramesses II & Merneptah), are well-documented, as in having CONTEMPORARY texts, as well as their involvment having cities, palaces and tombs contemporary to their respective times.

Take for instance, Ahmose I. Not only do people recorded his war against the Hyksos, they have recorded the names in his family, like father, mother, brother, as well as his wives, and his children, which included 2 daughters: Meritamun and Sitamun. Not only are these 2 women recorded, but whom they married (their brother, Amenhotep I, Ahmose's successor) and their children.

Neither of these women adopted a Hebrew baby.

But in the Exodus, it could not give name of the king or his daughter during the time of his birth. Nor could name the Pharaoh at the time of the plagues and liberation of slaves.

The omissions of names to Egyptian royalty, tell me the author(s) had no ideas of Egyptian history at that time.

Neither you, nor any biblical scholars or historians can verify the events of Moses' being true, historically.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The problem here is that you made a bold empty claim, then shot yourself in the foot by showing your bold empty claim is nothing but bovine feces.

Sadly, you are unable to comprehend what that does for your credibility.
That is not a problem when one's credibility was totally lost a long long time ago.

Dan From Smithville

"We are both impressed and daunted." Cargn
Staff member
Premium Member

Sargonski

folks can give rational explanations for both --- exists in every biology 100 textbook so what ? can you not give rational explanation as to how a new gene comes into being via "evolution" ?
Good .. now tell us how a new gene comes into being via evolution .. .. I won't ask you to do so without any assumptions .... but do feel free to list.

gnostic

The Lost One

Saying "God did it", is merely a claim, not proof. You haven't proven a single thing in this thread, whenever you bring up God.

Beside that, sciences rely on evidence, they don't rely on any proof.

Scientists used either evidence gathered or perform experiments, TO TEST a hypothesis or existing scientific theory.

You cannot test a hypothesis by saying "God did it". Saying just show how very little you understand nature, like the biology of genes.

You have been talking a lot about genes, lately, and much of what you say is illogical garbage.