• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Bang Theory is dead.

SavedByTheLord

Here, you are creating a fantasy of your own making.

Genesis 2:1-4 is part of the Genesis 1 myth, while the rest of Genesis 2 (2:5-25) is a completely different creation myth, as there are inconsistencies and contradictions in the order of creation when you compare the two stories.

but I know, you have blindly ignored to see the inconsistencies & contradictions. It is sort of I would expect from JW believer, who don’t know how to read her scriptures.
The Genesis 2:5-25 part is just a small recap of some of the things in Genesis 1 to provide detail to how Adam and Eve were created and to establish marriage as ordained by God.
Many make the mistake to think that is a second contradictory creation,

gnostic

The Lost One
The Genesis 2:5-25 part is just a small recap of some of the things in Genesis 1 to provide detail to how Adam and Eve were created and to establish marriage as ordained by God.

Another creationist who cannot see what‘s in front of him.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
My assumption is going to be that you are too emotionally attached to the idea that there cannot be two disparate creation myths to be able to hear me. So I'm simply going to give one example, and then I'm going to move on, and not really engage with you about this.

In Genesis 1, plants are created before people, with plants being created on the 3rd day, and people on the 6th day:
11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day....
26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”....
31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

In Genesis 2, people are created before plants.
5 Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth[a] and no plant had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground, 6 but streams[b] came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground. 7 Then the Lord God formed a man[c] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

Genesis 2:1-4 is part of the Genesis 1 myth, while the rest of Genesis 2 (2:5-25) is a completely different creation myth, as there are inconsistencies and contradictions in the order of creation when you compare the two stories.

but I know, you have blindly ignored to see the inconsistencies & contradictions. It is sort of I would expect from JW believer, who don’t know how to read her scriptures.
I'm not sure if you just like to argue or if you really don't see that each day of creation doesn't mean a 24 hour day.

YoursTrue

My assumption is going to be that you are too emotionally attached to the idea that there cannot be two disparate creation myths to be able to hear me. So I'm simply going to give one example, and then I'm going to move on, and not really engage with you about this.

In Genesis 1, plants are created before people, with plants being created on the 3rd day, and people on the 6th day:
11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day....
26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”....
31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

In Genesis 2, people are created before plants.
5 Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth[a] and no plant had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground, 6 but streams[b] came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground. 7 Then the Lord God formed a man[c] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
As soon as I see the word myth I detach myself from thinking it's going to be a reasonable answer. But let me say that it is absurd to think that over the centuries Jewish writers and scribes would think there were two different scenarios. But that's my thinking, as has been said by others, two Jews means multitude of opinions. Have a good one. I usually don't read long posts too much anyway, but when someone says myth right away I tend to move along...take care.

YoursTrue

What you say is simply not true. But anyway, ask someone else maybe about this.

YoursTrue

There are many who may call themselves Jews or Catholics or other types of adherents to a religion that don't even believe Moses or Jesus existed as written yet maybe go to church or synagogue and pray. Perhaps you can ask them who they're praying to and why they belong to that religion.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
As soon as I see the word myth I detach myself from thinking it's going to be a reasonable answer. But let me say that it is absurd to think that over the centuries Jewish writers and scribes would think there were two different scenarios. But that's my thinking, as has been said by others, two Jews means multitude of opinions. Have a good one. I usually don't read long posts too much anyway, but when someone says myth right away I tend to move along...take care.
Why such prejudice? How about morality tale? We know that the events described never happened. But if treated as a morality tale they still fulfill "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."

Those verses do not say that the Bible is infallible or true. Did you not see that it did not go that far? It says that it is "useful". That does not mean "real".

I think that people often use the word "myth" to underscore the fact that those events never happened. The term is usually aimed at posters that have already demonstrated that they themselves cannot be reasonable. In other words you have been reaping what you have been sowing. Quit being unreasonable and the terms people use will not be so grating to you.

YoursTrue

If it is good enough for god, it is good enough for science.
reviewing your reply, again, I must say ... laughing slightly, then out loud. Good one and enjoy your day. Hope for the future from God (not science at this point).

gnostic

The Lost One
I'm not sure if you just like to argue or if you really don't see that each day of creation doesn't mean a 24 hour day.

Are you really that clueless what I meant???!!!

It does speak of hours in Genesis 1, but it does speak each day being -

Genesis 1:5 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.

And again....

Genesis 1:8 8 God called the dome Sky. And there was evening and there was morning, the second day.

And so on 1:13, 19, 23 & 31.

It may not say again in 2:2-3, but you would have to be utterly lame to assume that the 7th day is infinite period.

Beside that ARE YOU FORGETTING EXODUS 16?

Exodus 16:22-26 22 On the sixth day they gathered twice as much food, two omers apiece. When all the leaders of the congregation came and told Moses, 23 he said to them, “This is what the Lord has commanded: Tomorrow is a day of solemn rest, a holy Sabbath to the Lord; bake what you want to bake and boil what you want to boil, and all that is left over put aside to be kept until morning.” 24 So they put it aside until morning, just as Moses commanded them, and it did not rot, and there were no maggots in it. 25 Moses said, “Eat it today, for today is a Sabbath to the Lord; today you will not find it in the field. 26 Six days you shall gather it, but on the seventh day, which is a Sabbath, there will be none.”

Sabbath isn't endless.

Last edited by a moderator:

YoursTrue

And again....

It may not say again in 2:2-3, but you would have to be utterly lame to assume that the 7th day is infinite period.

Sabbath isn't endless.

Seriously...never trust a JW person to understand a concept of sabbath, because there reading comprehension is zero.
Regardless of what you think about my thinking ability, could be I'm missing where it says that each day of creation has an evening and a morning including the seventh day? Please explain. It doesn't say that the 7th day is infinite. Every other day has an evening and a morning, what about the 7th day please? Thanks. If you've explained that the 7th day in the creation account is said to have evening and morning, I guess I missed that. Because it isn't there. The Bible doesn't say the 7th day is infinite, however.

YoursTrue

And again....

Sabbath isn't endless.

Seriously...never trust a JW person to understand a concept of sabbath, because there reading comprehension is zero.
But you imply that I think the 7th day is infinite. ? What makes you imagine that I think that? Maybe later we can have a good discussion rather than you insulting.

gnostic

The Lost One
Regardless of what you think about my thinking ability, could be I'm missing where it says that each day of creation has an evening and a morning including the seventh day? Please explain. It doesn't say that the 7th day is infinite. Every other day has an evening and a morning, what about the 7th day please? Thanks. If you've explained that the 7th day in the creation account is said to have evening and morning, I guess I missed that. Because it isn't there. The Bible doesn't say the 7th day is infinite, however.

you are still ignoring that Genesis 1 and 2:1-4 are merely a parable or allegory for the rite, custom and law of the sabbath.

Are you really this ignorant that you would ignore exodus 16?

The day of rest isn’t infinite amount of time. Never trust jw to understand the Bible.

YoursTrue

you are still ignoring that Genesis 1 and 2:1-4 are merely a parable or allegory for the rite, custom and law of the sabbath.

Are you really this ignorant that you would ignore exodus 16?

The day of rest isn’t infinite amount of time. Never trust jw to understand the Bible.
Where do you imagine I believe the day of rest is infinite amount of time? Please explain if you will so kindly. Thank you.