• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The City of Enoch

Thief

Rogue Theologian
your diagram is in error

Cain left the garden

he wandered

found a wife

she was not of the garden event

Thief

Rogue Theologian
and the list of skilled labors indicate the people around Cain
were NOT of the garden event

MJFlores

your diagram is in error

Cain left the garden

he wandered

found a wife

she was not of the garden event

Adam and Eve were no longer in the garden
remember the cherubim and the flaming sword that prevented them from entering the garden?

flamingsword.jpg

He wandered found a wife
where did the wife came from?

Was it a gorilla?

It was one of his siblings

The Anointed

Adam and Eve were no longer in the garden
remember the cherubim and the flaming sword that prevented them from entering the garden?

View attachment 27778

He wandered found a wife
where did the wife came from?

Was it a gorilla?

It was one of his siblings

post 39 of this thread.
From the book of Jubilees, 4: 1; And in the third week in the second jubilee she (EVE) gave birth to Cain, and in the fourth she gave birth to Abel, and in the fifth she gave birth to her daughter Awan. ……… 4: 9; And Cain took Awan his sister to be his wife and she bare him Enoch at the close of the fourth jubilee.

MJFlores

post 39 of this thread.
From the book of Jubilees, 4: 1; And in the third week in the second jubilee she (EVE) gave birth to Cain, and in the fourth she gave birth to Abel, and in the fifth she gave birth to her daughter Awan. ……… 4: 9; And Cain took Awan his sister to be his wife and she bare him Enoch at the close of the fourth jubilee.

Book of Jubilees?
not familiar with that.
Book of Jubilees - Wikipedia

Apparently it is not used because its author is unknown
It is also not considered canonical within Judaism outside of the Beta Israel.

The problem with other works like these is you don't know who made them
Where it comes from and when it was made.
It is much better to read a comic book when you know it was authored by Stan Lee.

When look at a painting, the painter usually signs on the back of the canvas so you know who made it.
But this one, and other so called sacred books which the writers are anonymous should be considered spurious.
We do not know if a lunatic with a pen made it.

It is like eating a cooked meal and you don't know
who or where or when it was cooked.
You might be surprised to see the kitchen

cooktoilet.jpg

The Anointed

Book of Jubilees?
not familiar with that.
Book of Jubilees - Wikipedia

Apparently it is not used because its author is unknown
It is also not considered canonical within Judaism outside of the Beta Israel.

The problem with other works like these is you don't know who made them
Where it comes from and when it was made.
It is much better to read a comic book when you know it was authored by Stan Lee.

When look at a painting, the painter usually signs on the back of the canvas so you know who made it.
But this one, and other so called sacred books which the writers are anonymous should be considered spurious.
We do not know if a lunatic with a pen made it.

It is like eating a cooked meal and you don't know
who or where or when it was cooked.
You might be surprised to see the kitchen

View attachment 27779

In the limited collected selection of books that have been gathered as the canon of the Roman church of Emperor Constantine, which includes the OT, a Latin translation of the Hebrew bible, only twice in the OT and the Hebrew, is the father of Shelah mentioned. Once in Genesis 11: 12; where it is said that Arpachshad is the father of Shelah, and again in 1 chronicles 1: 18; where it is said, 'Arpachshad the father of Shelah, who is the father of Eber/Heber.

But in Luke 3: 35-36; it is said that Shelah is the son of Kainam/Cainam who is the son of Arpachshad, so, from where did Luke receive this information?

Now he could have got it from the Septuagint, which was a Greek translation of the Hebrew scriptures, or he could have got it from the Book of Jubilees [Chapter 8: 1; In the twenty-ninth jubilee, in the first week, in the beginning thereof Arpachshad took to himself a wife and her name was Rasu’eja, the daughter of Susan, the daughter of Elam, and she 2 bare him a son in the third year in this week, and he called his name Kainam. And the son grew, and his father taught him writing, and he went to seek for himself a place where he might seize for 3 himself a city. And he found a writing which former (generations) had carved on the rock, and he read what was thereon, and he transcribed it and sinned owing to it; for it contained the teachings of the Watchers in accordance with which they used to observe the omens of the sun and moon and 4 stars in all the signs of heaven. And he wrote it down and said nothing regarding it; for he was 5 afraid to speak to Noah about it lest he should be angry with him on account of it. And in the thirtieth jubilee, in the second week, in the first year thereof, he took to himself a wife, and her name was Melka, the daughter of Madai, the son of Japheth, and in the fourth year he begat a son, and 6 called his name Shelah; for he said: ’Truly I have been sent.’

There are those who would call Luke a liar because he contradicts the Hebrew and the Roman OT, do you?

sooda

Veteran Member
post 39 of this thread.

The Book of Jubilees wasn't written until 200 BC.

Last edited:

sooda

Veteran Member
The Book of Jubilees, probably written in the 2nd century B.C.E., is an account of the Biblical history of the world from creation to Moses. It is divided into periods ('Jubilees') of 49 years.

For the most part the narrative follows the familiar account in Genesis, but with some additional details such as the names of Adam and Eve's daughters, and an active role for a demonic entity called 'Mastema'.

The anonymous author had a preoccupation with calendar reform, and uses Jubilees as a platform for proposing a solar calendar of 364 days and 12 months; this would have been a radical departure from the Jewish Calendar, which is lunar-based.

There are also a couple of messianic, apocalyptic passages, although quite a bit less than the Book of Enoch.

The only complete version of Jubilees is in Ethiopian, although large fragments in Greek, Latin and Syriac are also known. It is believed that it was originally written in Hebrew.

If at times one gets the impression that you are reading a first draft of Genesis, you are in good company. R.H. Charles, the translator, a distinguished academic Biblical scholar, concluded that Jubilees was a version of the Pentateuch, written in Hebrew, parts of which later became incorporated into the earliest Greek version of the Jewish Bible, the Septuagint.

Book of Jubilees Index

MJFlores

In the limited collected selection of books that have been gathered as the canon of the Roman church of Emperor Constantine, which includes the OT, a Latin translation of the Hebrew bible, only twice in the OT and the Hebrew, is the father of Shelah mentioned. Once in Genesis 11: 12; where it is said that Arpachshad is the father of Shelah, and again in 1 chronicles 1: 18; where it is said, 'Arpachshad the father of Shelah, who is the father of Eber/Heber.

But in Luke 3: 35-36; it is said that Shelah is the son of Kainam/Cainam who is the son of Arpachshad, so, from where did Luke receive this information?

Now he could have got it from the Septuagint, which was a Greek translation of the Hebrew scriptures, or he could have got it from the Book of Jubilees [Chapter 8: 1; In the twenty-ninth jubilee, in the first week, in the beginning thereof Arpachshad took to himself a wife and her name was Rasu’eja, the daughter of Susan, the daughter of Elam, and she 2 bare him a son in the third year in this week, and he called his name Kainam. And the son grew, and his father taught him writing, and he went to seek for himself a place where he might seize for 3 himself a city. And he found a writing which former (generations) had carved on the rock, and he read what was thereon, and he transcribed it and sinned owing to it; for it contained the teachings of the Watchers in accordance with which they used to observe the omens of the sun and moon and 4 stars in all the signs of heaven. And he wrote it down and said nothing regarding it; for he was 5 afraid to speak to Noah about it lest he should be angry with him on account of it. And in the thirtieth jubilee, in the second week, in the first year thereof, he took to himself a wife, and her name was Melka, the daughter of Madai, the son of Japheth, and in the fourth year he begat a son, and 6 called his name Shelah; for he said: ’Truly I have been sent.’

There are those who would call Luke a liar because he contradicts the Hebrew and the Roman OT, do you?

This is the deal about canons of the Bible.

With regard to Old Testament Books, if the Jews are using it - its canon.
If the Jews are not using it - its fraud.

jewsot.jpg

These people would know if it is an insertion or not
Because they have been keeping the OT books since Moses time to the present time.

With regards to Constantine the Great
Who was pagan by the way:
Born: 27 February 272 AD, Niš, Serbia
Died: 22 May 337 AD, Nicomedia

Constantine was the first Roman emperor to convert to Christianity. Although he lived much of his life as a pagan, and later as a catechumen, he joined the Christian faith on his deathbed....
Constantine the Great - Wikipedia

He definitely have no say and no right to tamper the OT Bible.
How would people believe in a person who has been pagan all his life on Christian matters?

Further the Lord Jesus never read this Book of Jubilees or other works unclean.

Accepting unclean doctrines is like eating from the floor.
eatingfloor.jpg

When its dirty...you know what it does.

The Anointed

The Book of Jubilees, probably written in the 2nd century B.C.E., is an account of the Biblical history of the world from creation to Moses. It is divided into periods ('Jubilees') of 49 years.

For the most part the narrative follows the familiar account in Genesis, but with some additional details such as the names of Adam and Eve's daughters, and an active role for a demonic entity called 'Mastema'.

The anonymous author had a preoccupation with calendar reform, and uses Jubilees as a platform for proposing a solar calendar of 364 days and 12 months; this would have been a radical departure from the Jewish Calendar, which is lunar-based.

There are also a couple of messianic, apocalyptic passages, although quite a bit less than the Book of Enoch.

The only complete version of Jubilees is in Ethiopian, although large fragments in Greek, Latin and Syriac are also known. It is believed that it was originally written in Hebrew.

If at times one gets the impression that you are reading a first draft of Genesis, you are in good company. R.H. Charles, the translator, a distinguished academic Biblical scholar, concluded that Jubilees was a version of the Pentateuch, written in Hebrew, parts of which later became incorporated into the earliest Greek version of the Jewish Bible, the Septuagint.

Book of Jubilees Index

You mean the oldest known COPIES of The Book of Jubilees, was probably written in the 2nd century B.C.E., which is an account of the Biblical history of the world from creation to Moses, and it is divided into periods ('Jubilees') of 49 years.

sooda

Veteran Member
You mean the oldest known COPIES of The Book of Jubilees, was probably written in the 2nd century B.C.E., which is an account of the Biblical history of the world from creation to Moses, and it is divided into periods ('Jubilees') of 49 years.

The book of Jubilees isn't old.

MJFlores

Its not old
And who wrote it is unknown
unlike the other books of the Bible

BibleAuthorsTanak.JPG

Who wrote the Book of Jubilees?
A loser?

The Anointed

This is the deal about canons of the Bible.

With regard to Old Testament Books, if the Jews are using it - its canon.
If the Jews are not using it - its fraud.

View attachment 27780

These people would know if it is an insertion or not
Because they have been keeping the OT books since Moses time to the present time.

With regards to Constantine the Great
Who was pagan by the way:
Born: 27 February 272 AD, Niš, Serbia
Died: 22 May 337 AD, Nicomedia

Constantine was the first Roman emperor to convert to Christianity. Although he lived much of his life as a pagan, and later as a catechumen, he joined the Christian faith on his deathbed....
Constantine the Great - Wikipedia

He definitely have no say and no right to tamper the OT Bible.
How would people believe in a person who has been pagan all his life on Christian matters?

Further the Lord Jesus never read this Book of Jubilees or other works unclean.

Accepting unclean doctrines is like eating from the floor.
View attachment 27781
When its dirty...you know what it does.

So you believe that Luke, who claims that Shelah is the son of Kainam, has been eating the spiritual swill from the pigs trouth, do you?

I see that she, the Roman Mother church, whose denominational daughters were spawned from her false spirit/teaching, before breaking away from the mother body to establish families of their own, has you terrified of eating from tables that she herself has not prepared for you.

You poor soul. Eating only from that which she allows you to eat, will only stunt the growth of your spirit, which will end up being a malformed and twisted fetus, not fit to enter the kingdom of the Lord.

The Head of which church, claims to be the speak in the name of the Lord and claims to be the shepherd of God's people?

Zechariah 11:12-17 New King James Version (NKJV)

12 Then I said to them, “If it is agreeable to you, give me my wages; and if not, refrain.” So they weighed out for my wages thirty pieces of silver.

13 And the Lord said to me, “Throw it to the potter”—that princely price they set on me. So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the Lord for the potter. 14 Then I cut in two my other staff, Bonds, that I might break the brotherhood between Judah and Israel.

15 And the Lord said to me, “Next, take for yourself the implements of a foolish shepherd. 16 For indeed I will raise up a shepherd in the land who will not care for those who are cut off, nor seek the young, nor heal those that are broken, nor feed those that still stand. But he will eat the flesh of the fat and tear their hooves in pieces.

17 “Woe to the worthless shepherd,
Who leaves the flock!
A sword shall be against his arm
And against his right eye;
His arm shall completely wither,
And his right eye shall be totally blinded.”

Where would we find that worthless shepherd today?

The fall of Babylon, the great prostitute and mother of Harlots who sits on the seven hills, Revelation 18: 4;

Come out of her my people
Do not share in her sins
You must not share her punishment
Her judgement day has come
Her sins are piled to heaven
And God recalls her evil ways
She says I am no widow
And she'll never see the grave
Because of that in just one day
Disease will strike her down
Plagues and famine she'll receive
Till finally she'll be burned
You must pay her back twofold
For all that she has done
Fill her cup as she filled yours
But make it twice as strong
For all the glory she has claimed
And all her luxuries
Must be repaid this very day
With pain and misery,

MJFlores

Moses didn't write the Pentateuch . It wasn't written for 800 years after his death.

In fact, we don't know who wrote Daniel either.

upload_2019-3-26_16-9-20.jpeg
lifehopeandtruth.com

Pentateuch means the first five books of the Bible. These books are Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. The word Pentateuch comes from two Greek words that mean "five books" or "five scroll" According to tradition, the books were written by the Israelite leader, Moses.
Pentateuch - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Daniel?
That is easy - Daniel.:)

sooda

Veteran Member
View attachment 27783
lifehopeandtruth.com
Pentateuch means the first five books of the Bible. These books are Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. The word Pentateuch comes from two Greek words that mean "five books" or "five scroll" According to tradition, the books were written by the Israelite leader, Moses.
Pentateuch - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Daniel?
That is easy - Daniel.:)

The Pentateuch was written by 40 different authors and redacted and amended many times. Joshua never had any large army nor did he conquer the Canaanites.

Most of the Book of Daniel is borrowed from the north coast Canaanites as written in 1500 BC.

MJFlores

So you believe that Luke, who claims that Shelah is the son of Kainam, has been eating the spiritual swill from the pigs trouth, do you?

I see that she, the Roman Mother church, whose denominational daughters were spawned from her false spirit/teaching, before breaking away from the mother body to establish families of their own, has you terrified of eating from tables that she herself has not prepared for you.

You poor soul. Eating only from that which she allows you to eat, will only stunt the growth of your spirit, which will end up being a malformed and twisted fetus, not fit to enter the kingdom of the Lord.

The Head of which church, claims to be the speak in the name of the Lord and claims to be the shepherd of God's people?

Zechariah 11:12-17 New King James Version (NKJV)

12 Then I said to them, “If it is agreeable to you, give me my wages; and if not, refrain.” So they weighed out for my wages thirty pieces of silver.

13 And the Lord said to me, “Throw it to the potter”—that princely price they set on me. So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the Lord for the potter. 14 Then I cut in two my other staff, Bonds, that I might break the brotherhood between Judah and Israel.

15 And the Lord said to me, “Next, take for yourself the implements of a foolish shepherd. 16 For indeed I will raise up a shepherd in the land who will not care for those who are cut off, nor seek the young, nor heal those that are broken, nor feed those that still stand. But he will eat the flesh of the fat and tear their hooves in pieces.

17 “Woe to the worthless shepherd,
Who leaves the flock!
A sword shall be against his arm
And against his right eye;
His arm shall completely wither,
And his right eye shall be totally blinded.”

Where would we find that worthless shepherd today?

The fall of Babylon, the great prostitute and mother of Harlots who sits on the seven hills, Revelation 18: 4;

Come out of her my people
Do not share in her sins
You must not share her punishment
Her judgement day has come
Her sins are piled to heaven
And God recalls her evil ways
She says I am no widow
And she'll never see the grave
Because of that in just one day
Disease will strike her down
Plagues and famine she'll receive
Till finally she'll be burned
You must pay her back twofold
For all that she has done
Fill her cup as she filled yours
But make it twice as strong
For all the glory she has claimed
And all her luxuries
Must be repaid this very day
With pain and misery,

Luke is one of the apostle of Jesus Christ.
No problem with that - the Lord vouch his credentials.

Pig dishes? Yummy.
You should try some - make it adobo.
Haven't tried it? You are missing 1/2 of your life.

Well the topic is the city of Enoch.
Won't go to the RCC, been one.
Yes the RCC is in the Book of Rev
zombie-church.jpg
But as I told you, that is off topic