• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Concept Of Anti-Christ In different Religions

Starsoul

Truth
I want to know what different religions say about the coming of the Anti-Christ (Dajjal). Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, not so sure that other beliefs would have that concept.. But if there is, do share.

1. What would he be like?
2. What will he do?
3. Where would he be launched?
4. Who will be his ardent followers and supporters?
5. Who is going to strike against him?

Last edited:

Starsoul

Truth
As Madhuri said.

What I don't get is.. why?
Why an anti-Christ at all?

As usual, and as always, its not like i'm going to tell and you're going to believe, so ill just let it pass for those who are somewhat familiar with this concept :)

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
As usual, and as always, its not like i'm going to tell and you're going to believe, so ill just let it pass for those who are somewhat familiar with this concept :)
It's not about believing or not believing. I'm just after an understanding as to why.

xkatz

any difference of opinion between a messianic ,semetic and zionist jew? Do all of these have the same concept about him?

Well Judaism is generally a non-dualistic religion (ie there is no good vs evil), therefore a belief in the Anti-Christ would be incompatible for the most part with Jewish belief.

Gloone

Seeing how Jesus is dead and was killed on the cross, you could say the antichrist has already came and gone unless people decide to pick up where Jesus left off, then I guess you could say he/she is still around. And according to the bible those who accept Jesus Christ as being someone that lived and was in the flesh, then those people are moved by the spirit of god, and understand Christ’s teachings and are considered God’s people. While those that deny Jesus Christ as being in the flesh are not, because those people deny his teachings, etc. and can be consider as antichrists or antichrist.

I guess it can also depend on how literally you or someone takes the bible. Jewish people could be considered the antichrist(s) for ordering Jesus to be crucified and not believing in him. Same could be said about Pontius Pilate and anyone else that tried (tries) to deny or speak out against Jesus Christ, his life, his teachings and does not accept Jesus Christ as being the “Son of God” or “god’s son”, he never claimed to be GOD! Though Jewish people seen it differently, even stoned Jesus Christ and eventually they ordered him to be crucified.

He (the anti christ) will perform many miracles. He can do anything EXCEPT cure his eye (he is blind in one of his eyes). He will claim to be God and lead many people astray. He will cause a great war. He will have the word KFR (non believer) written on his forehead. As for those that oppose him will be the Muslims and other monotheists. But even then, some Muslims and other monotheists will join him.

Starsoul

Truth
He (the anti christ) will perform many miracles. He can do anything EXCEPT cure his eye (he is blind in one of his eyes). He will claim to be God and lead many people astray. He will cause a great war. He will have the word KFR (non believer) written on his forehead. As for those that oppose him will be the Muslims and other monotheists. But even then, some Muslims and other monotheists will join him.

thanks, thats interesting...

has anyone read the signs of his coming according to Hadith?

thanks, thats interesting...

has anyone read the signs of his coming according to Hadith?

He will come at the end of times. Some signs will be that men will compete in the building of tall buildings, the sun will rise from the west, Jesus (as) will appear. And I forgot the rest sorry :(
But those ones are according to hadith I believe.

Starsoul

Truth
It's not about believing or not believing. I'm just after an understanding as to why.

Since you asked, here it is,

I cannot answer the 'Why', because that question links all the way upto, why we are here, so it really is understandable in the bigger context for someone who is well aware of the history of the world, and the history of all divine religions.

The divine books and all the Prophets used to inform their people of the anti- Christ . I think there is some thing about him in christianity too, but i'm not too sure as to what extent. Briefly, he is going to be the World leader ,of the New world order and He will only come when some of the signs have occurred which have been described and predicted.

He's supposed to be a very powerful leader, and shall have immense powers, so much so, that out of arrogance of his powers, he shall claim to be God. His powers will be quite impressive for those who do not relate to the concept of God and don't believe in heaven/hell, or any such thing.

His (one of the) prime recognition is the one eye, and that one eye symbol is pretty much seen Everywhere these days. Also, the one eye symbol (in an assortment) is the symbol of some of the most rich , powerful secret cults of the world today, you'd probably know, but if you do not, you can search for it.

For a brief period of time,(not specified) he shall seem invincible. But then, Somebody will come and strike him down , exposing his fallacy.

In Islam, It is said, that It is going to be The resurrected Jesus Christ pbuh,( Prophet Eesa Alay salam) who is going to strike him down. I wanted to know, what are the christians beliefs?( apart from other beliefs)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It really looks like something that only Christianity and other religions that recognize the concept of Christ (possibly only Islam, perhaps the Bahai Faith, certainly quite a few occultist and esoteric movements) would have.

Starsoul

Truth
He has been expected for generations by all of the major religions.
Christians know Him as the Christ, and expect His imminent return. Jews await Him as the Messiah; Hindus look for the coming of Krishna; Buddhists expect Him as MaitreyaBuddha; and Muslims anticipate the Imam Mahdi or Messiah.

Source:
WHO IS MAITREYA?

And jews say they dont believe in their arrival? They sure of their scriptures, or they just dont want to admit it to the world ?

Twister

This is a non-belief in Judaism. You will be lucky if even a Messianic Jew will answer it

They would not answer because they fear the world will know them for who they really are and what they really stand for.

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
This is a non-belief in Judaism. You will be lucky if even a Messianic Jew will answer it
Actually no Jewish person I have ever talked with seem to have knowledge about this aspect of Judaism:

In later Jewish eschatology and legend, a king who will arise at the end of time against the Messiah, and will be conquered by him after having brought much distress upon Israel. The origin of this Jewish Antichrist (as he can well be styled in view of his relation to the Messiah) is as much involved in doubt as the different phases of his development, and his relation to the Christian legend and doctrine.

Read more:JewishEncyclopedia.com - ARMILUS:

Armilus (Hebrew: ארמילוס‎)[1] is an anti-Messiah figure in late-period Jewish eschatology, comparable to the Christian Antichrist and Muslim Dajjal, who will conquer Jerusalem and persecute the Jews until his final defeat at the hands of God or the true Messiah. His inevitable destruction symbolizes the ultimate victory of good over evil in the Messianic age.
According to the Jewish Encyclopedia, Armilus is "a king who will arise at the end of time against the Messiah, and will be conquered by him after having brought much distress upon Israel", similar to Gog. He is spoken of in both Midrash Vayosha and Sefer Zerubbabel, in which he defeats the Messiah ben Joseph.
The origin of this figure, said to be the offspring of Satan and a virgin, or Satan and a statue (or "stone"), is as much involved in doubt as the different phases of his development, and his relation to the Christian legend and doctrine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armilus