• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The default position...

Status
Not open for further replies.

outhouse

Atheistically
A strong atheist says "I believe gods don't exist".

False. YOU don't get to define the definition. Provide sources or admit you make this up as you go.

Then you are a "ghostic atheist".

No I am factually not.

Then you were a theist.

I was, but I was an atheist who had belief before I had knowledge that removed belief.

Then you have become a "gnostic atheist".

False. Stop making thing sup as you go. You don't have the credibility or knowledge to be the final say here.

ArtieE

False. YOU don't get to define the definition. Provide sources or admit you make this up as you go.

I said and I quote: "A strong atheist says "I believe gods don't exist". You said that was false.

"Strong atheism is the belief that there is no god."
Apologia Atheos: Definition of strong/weak atheism and agnosticism

"2.) A person who believes that no god or gods exist."
Urban Dictionary: Atheist

"Some atheists go beyond a mere absence of belief in gods: they actively believe that particular gods, or all gods, do not exist. Just lacking belief in Gods is often referred to as the "weak atheist" position; whereas believing that gods do not (or cannot) exist is known as "strong atheism."
Atheism: An Introduction to Atheism
False. Stop making thing sup as you go. You don't have the credibility or knowledge to be the final say here.
LOL.

outhouse

Atheistically

Wow you can cherry pick vague definitions how wonderful.

Atheism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities

Implicit and explicit atheism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"explicit atheism" is "the absence of theistic belief due to a conscious rejection of it".

Explicit atheism is strong atheism. It states nothing about a belief, only the rejection of belief.

Negative and positive atheism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Positive atheism, also called strong atheism and hard atheism, is the form of atheism that asserts that no deities exist;

Maybe you do not understand an assertion is not belief?

ArtieE

Wow you can cherry pick vague definitions how wonderful.

Atheism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities

Implicit and explicit atheism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"explicit atheism" is "the absence of theistic belief due to a conscious rejection of it".

Explicit atheism is strong atheism. It states nothing about a belief, only the rejection of belief.

Negative and positive atheism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Positive atheism, also called strong atheism and hard atheism, is the form of atheism that asserts that no deities exist;

Maybe you do not understand an assertion is not belief?
"assert
əˈsəːt/
verb
  1. state a fact or belief confidently and forcefully."
First thing that comes up when you write assert in Google search.

outhouse

Atheistically
You sure making some desperate attempts to save the little credibility you have left... :)

My information is sourced with credible sources, and have shown your error to require atheism as a belief, when it is ONLY a lack of belief in general terms.

I also stated atheism can have belief as well, your the one who is trying to narrow down the definition to meet your personal opinion :rolleyes:

ArtieE

My information is sourced with credible sources, and have shown your error to require atheism as a belief, when it is ONLY a lack of belief.

I also stated atheism can have belief as well
No that would be "strong atheism" not just "atheism". (Weak) atheism only has absence of belief. "Strong atheism" has belief.

outhouse

Atheistically
The definition of disbelief is ONLY the absence of belief.

Do you believe the answer to 1 + 1 = is 2 or do you know it is 2

I factually do not believe the answer is 2 I know it factually is 2.

Maybe you believe, I am not required to.

outhouse

Atheistically
Why do you think you have the credibility to dictate to others what they should think, when the definition from CREDIBLE sources states something different?

outhouse

Atheistically
Assert | Define Assert at Dictionary.com

verb (used with object)
to state with assurance, confidence, or force; state strongly or positively; affirm; aver:
He asserted his innocence of the crime.
to maintain or defend (claims, rights, etc.).
to state as having existence; affirm; postulate:
to assert a first cause as necessary.

The word belief is not in the definition :rolleyes:

ArtieE

Why do you think you have the credibility to dictate to others what they should think, when the definition from CREDIBLE sources states something different?
They don't. You just think they do because they explain the same in a different way using different words. In order to sort out your confusion we would have to maybe take just one sentence and one concept at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.