• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The default position...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Genesis 32:30 doesn't mean God literally wrestled with Jacob shows His face him.
It means an angel (representative of God) wrestled n spoke with him.

Exodus 33:11
It means God intimates with Moses by bringing him into the Greater Light n allowing him to see the God's plan for the Isarelite people.
So would it be true that Jacob knew this angel, and therefore knew God through this angel, biblically speaking anyway?

lstan135

Actually, God is my slave. He actually prays to me. I thought it was cute at first, but now it's just getting grating. He's extremely sycophantic. Is he that way when he talks to you?
Totally rubbish. Be careful what u say about our God. He could just make u suffer a great deal while u are alive till u drop dead in a pig style. [emoji56]

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
Totally rubbish. Be careful what u say about our God. He could just make u suffer a great deal while u are alive till u drop dead in a pig style.

LOL.
Don't even assume that's the worst I've said and I have about a decade of saying such things under my belt.

And for God to do any such thing he would have to be real first.
So I have high doubts I'll die in any any such way.
Nice try though.

Also, God isn't needed to do such things.
Just someone like me.

Last edited:

lstan135

LOL.
Don't even assume that's the worst I've said and I have about a decade of saying such things under my belt.

Nice try though.
Whoever is patient has great understanding, but one who is quick-tempered displays folly. A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones.

Deathbydefault

Whoever is patient has great understanding, but one who is quick-tempered displays folly. A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones.

Is that one of the books thousand metaphors made to tell me not to be an *******?

I'm extremely patient, I just get pissed when people impose their ludicrous beliefs.

Who am I envious of? I may seem talkative here but in real life I hate people.
I hate even being in the same building as other people.
There are only five on this Earth, that I have met, that I can stand talking with.
So what exactly do I have to envy?

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Totally rubbish. Be careful what u say about our God. He could just make u suffer a great deal while u are alive till u drop dead in a pig style.
Soryy, but I agree with Deathbydefault in this case - if the God you believe in existed I would reject him utterly. He is a god of fear, destruction and jealousy. Sure he could make us suffer - according to the bible making people suffer is what he does best, but I could never worship such a monster.

A God that would make people 'drop dead in a pig style' as you say is not a God worth worshiping.

Awkward Fingers

Omphaloskeptic
At this point I'm even wondering if you're capable of making an argument that isn't just bald assertions and non-facts....
Do you think you could make 3 posts that are actually factually based?
Pretend it's a game.
(To clarify, I mean 3 in a row..) *edit*

Last edited:

lstan135

LOL.

Nice try though.

Also, God isn't needed to do such things.
Just someone like me.
God is Love. He is also holy n just. The only thing that is keeping u alive is His unconditional love for u. He knows what u have gone through to become who u r today. He knows what is in your heart n mind n how to deal with u in His own time. So I'm not the least bothered by what u think or said. If God want u to be a belieuer someday, u will be. And u will be dealing with people who r just like u now. So, may God be with u, always.[emoji56]

So would it be true that Jacob knew this angel, and therefore knew God through this angel, biblically speaking anyway?

lstan135

At this point I'm even wondering if you're capable of making an argument that isn't just bald assertions and non-facts....
Pretend it's a game.
God is Love. He is also holy n just. The only thing that is keeping u alive is His unconditional love for u. He knows what u have gone through to become who u r today. He knows what is in your heart n mind n how to deal with u in His own time. So I'm not the least bothered by what u think or said. If God want u to be a belieuer someday, u will be. And u will be dealing with people who r just like u now. So, may God be with u, always.[emoji56]

lstan135

Soryy, but I agree with Deathbydefault in this case - if the God you believe in existed I would reject him utterly. He is a god of fear, destruction and jealousy. Sure he could make us suffer - according to the bible making people suffer is what he does best, but I could never worship such a monster.

A God that would make people 'drop dead in a pig style' as you say is not a God worth worshiping.

lstan135

Totally rubbish. Be careful what u say about our God. He could just make u suffer a great deal while u are alive till u drop dead in a pig style. [emoji56]

lstan135

Deathbydefault

I love God too.
Love to hate him anyways...

I will be whatever I please, I'm not your God's willing slave.
Besides I already committed the one unforgivable sin or whatever.
Damned my soul to Hell just as fast as I drank chocolate milk this morning.

And I enjoyed doing both greatly.

Awkward Fingers

Omphaloskeptic
Pretend it's a game.

God is Love. He is also holy n just. The only thing that is keeping u alive is His unconditional love for u. He knows what u have gone through to become who u r today. He knows what is in your heart n mind n how to deal with u in His own time. So I'm not the least bothered by what u think or said. If God want u to be a belieuer someday, u will be. And u will be dealing with people who r just like u now. So, may God be with u, always.
emoji56.png

I didn't think so.

Awkward Fingers

Omphaloskeptic
Also, please don't cut n paste spam the same message over and over, thank you.

Curious George

Veteran Member
You did not answer my question.

Status
Not open for further replies.