• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Democrats are in trouble because of the Supreme Court nomination

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
We unedumacated Trump voters must rely upon
professorial types like you to show us the way.
Exactly. Thanks to Democrat edumacation it made everything possible to where we are here today. Thays the bestest parrty on God's green earth for making an easy win and giving us a chance to place a propper juuustice on the Supreme Court.

It could never have been done by just us unedumacated folks. Weeze grateful to the Dems.

Shaul

Premium Member
I feel sorry for anyone living in the US right now, with an abject narcissistic retard in charge. The Democrats might be worried about supreme court nominations, but it's their (US) inadvisable system, of allowing the executive, ie Moron in chief Trump, to nominate 'his' people to the very highest judicial positions. Only a fully independant judiciary can deliver true equitable justice. Free from the executive government's control.

However it's not the Democrats caught between a rock and hard place, everyone in the US will suffer if Trump has his goons/sycophants/fellow nazis in the Supreme court undermine democracy and human rights. With their judgements.

The only people who might temporarily benefit from Trump's presidency are Israeli religious extremists, The UAE and Saudi Arabian governments, US far right nationalist religious bigots and Vladimir Putin. Of course.
For those that don’t speak “SJW”, allow me to translate: “Wah, boo hoo.”

Shaul

Premium Member
What democrats? Red state democrats? Well duh, conservatives are calling for Judge Jeanine Pirro to be the next SCOTUS member.

You won't get a nominee through. There's also an election soon, the choice should wait until that is over.
It won’t wait. That’s the point. If vulnerable Democrat Senators oppose a Supreme Court candidate their constituents want, they risk getting voted out of office, and the Democrats lose seats in the Senate. On the other hand, if they any few of them side with the Republicans, they lose support from extremists within their own supporters, and lose seats in the Senate. Bottom line, Democrats are between a rock and a hard place, and they know it. The prospects of Democrats regaining control of the Senate were devastated, if not eliminated, by Justice Kennedy’s retirement.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Exactly. Thanks to Democrat edumacation it made everything possible to where we are here today. Thays the bestest parrty on God's green earth for making an easy win and giving us a chance to place a propper juuustice on the Supreme Court.

It could never have been done by just us unedumacated folks. Weeze grateful to the Dems.
Aye, so fortunate are we that they, in their unfathomable magnanimity,
and despite our low station, deign to inform us of the many ways
in which they're superior. Such infinite generosity allows us to
better appreciate their glory & chosen path for mankind.

WalterTrull

Godfella
It won’t wait. That’s the point. If vulnerable Democrat Senators oppose a Supreme Court candidate their constituents want, they risk getting voted out of office, and the Democrats lose seats in the Senate. On the other hand, if they any few of them side with the Republicans, they lose support from extremists within their own supporters, and lose seats in the Senate. Bottom line, Democrats are between a rock and a hard place, and they know it. The prospects of Democrats regaining control of the Senate were devastated, if not eliminated, by Justice Kennedy’s retirement.

'Round and 'round the cobbler's bench...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I am supposed to be surprised or care what you think?
Well, you did give the impression that you cared about our plight.
This was the post.....
I feel sorry for anyone living in the US right now, with an abject narcissistic retard in charge. The Democrats might be worried about supreme court nominations, but it's their (US) inadvisable system, of allowing the executive, ie Moron in chief Trump, to nominate 'his' people to the very highest judicial positions. Only a fully independant judiciary can deliver true equitable justice. Free from the executive government's control.

However it's not the Democrats caught between a rock and hard place, everyone in the US will suffer if Trump has his goons/sycophants/fellow nazis in the Supreme court undermine democracy and human rights. With their judgements.

The only people who might temporarily benefit from Trump's presidency are Israeli religious extremists, The UAE and Saudi Arabian governments, US far right nationalist religious bigots and Vladimir Putin. Of course.
He only gave us his translation (based upon the language of our current political climate).

Phantasman

Mmmm… sorta. Might want to do a Wiki search.
Ah.......the Constitution is enough for me. US Constitution Article 2- section 1 Electoral College- 1787. US. Constitution Article 2- section 2 Appointment of Supreme Court Judges- 1789.

I don't trust WIKI.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't care what zionists think. ;)

I don't like them.

They are indifferent to human rights and human suffering, often.
You spoke of our country.
We're not all zionists.
(I find zionism reprehensible.)

tytlyf

Not Religious
Nah, it's not that complicated. These are elected officials in Red states. They won't support the irresponsible choice.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Obama's choices weren't likely to rollback people's rights and liberty.
Tell that to people who lost their health insurance,
& had to pay penalties for no longer having it.
And then there's his crackdown on whistleblowers.
Heaven forbid that corruption & incompetence be
exposed, eh.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Why? It would have no effect on who the President chooses.
I'm referring to the vote. There's a large congressional election coming up and the current layout of congress is going to be changing. It's wise to wait and then have a vote.