• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Family - A Proclamation to the World

madhatter85

Transhumanist
No, not "of course." According to your beliefs. Beliefs which are just that: beliefs, as opposed to obvious facts. Beliefs that not everyone shares.

what? The VOWS say it right there "Till Death do us Part" that doesn't require faith or believing in anything to understand that right there....... Heck, even ATHIESTS could agree with that statement.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
what? The VOWS say it right there "Till Death do us Part" that doesn't require faith or believing in anything to understand that right there....... Heck, even ATHIESTS could agree with that statement.

i don't think Storm was refering to the vow, but rather, to the belief that only a Priest who speaks with the authority of God can join people for eternity.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Which has absolutely jack to do with your statement that
of course the family will break up after death if they are not sealed in the temple for time and all eternity.

Are you just not paying attention or what?

madhatter85

Transhumanist
i don't think Storm was refering to the vow, but rather, to the belief that only a Priest who speaks with the authority of God can join people for eternity.

Let me ask a few questions, -Assuming family structure is of a loving one -

Why would God, a benevolent being, not allow a way for people to be together throught the eternities?
The weddign vows are till death do us part. very literal, very clear.
When you die, do you think you're not going to be in love with your spouse anymore? wouldn't the be a literal hell to not be allowed to live with your beloved husband/wife in heaven because it was only "till death do us part?"

Here is another -
what do you think your purpose in heaven will be once everyone has passed on? everything has a purpose does it not?
What do you think the purpose of being in heaven is for if not to be with your beloved family? to float about and do nothing? why would God send us all to this earth to lern and grow and be tested, if there were not some grand reward for the ultimate trial and test?

"Hell" as most of you put it would be a place of torment and fire and brimstone where you are slaves to the will of satan forever, correct? what diffrence would it be if you were in heaven, alone, your loved wife and children gone, but sure, you got into heaven, you lived a good life, but now what?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
um, I hate to break it to you but wedding vows don't have to say "till death do you part." it is just an option of the civil service.

A native wedding ceremony I went to married the couple for all time, in this world and the next. for as long as they choose to walk together.

If creator wants families to stay together, I don't think he is going to punnish them for not being LDS or for a trick of words. Family is more than that.

wa:do

Bishka

Veteran Member
A native wedding ceremony I went to married the couple for all time, in this world and the next. for as long as they choose to walk together.

That's beautiful, do you think you could post more about that in the Native American section of the forum?

DeepShadow

White Crow
Yes, I'd also like to hear more about it.

FWIW, I have several non-LDS friends who take "til death do us part" to mean a temporary parting, until the death of the other reunites them. I know others who have omitted it from their marriage ceremonies. The bottom line is that if LDS are correct, they are correct. That's begging the question.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
That's beautiful, do you think you could post more about that in the Native American section of the forum?
heh, I would, but I'm afraid I don't remember a lot of the details... that is just one of the ones that sticks out in my mind.

Truth be told, most First Nations believed that life just went on after death. If anything it got a bit better, you still hunted, lived with your family, and so on.

Bishka

Veteran Member
heh, I would, but I'm afraid I don't remember a lot of the details... that is just one of the ones that sticks out in my mind.

Truth be told, most First Nations believed that life just went on after death. If anything it got a bit better, you still hunted, lived with your family, and so on.

A little off-topic, but a thread about that would be wonderful in the N.A. section. :)

That's something I've never heard about, and I'd love to hear more. :yes:

Booko

Deviled Hen
The weddign vows are till death do us part. very literal, very clear.

That's your wedding vow. It isn't mine.

Here is another -
what do you think your purpose in heaven will be once everyone has passed on? everything has a purpose does it not?
What do you think the purpose of being in heaven is for if not to be with your beloved family? to float about and do nothing? why would God send us all to this earth to lern and grow and be tested, if there were not some grand reward for the ultimate trial and test?

Some people would think it unmitigated hell to have to spend eternity with their family. Ask anyone from a dysfunctional one.