• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the fastest spreading religion in the world

yassin

By all the reliable sources, Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. It has been verified by many independent sources
Foreign Policy ( May 2007 Report --- See link Below )
(sorry i'm not allowed to post URLS after 15 posts)
CNN World News ( 14 November 1997 Report --- See link below
And, the number of adherents of Protestants and Catholics is decreasing. So, as people are accepting christianity, they are leaving it at a greater rate as reported in leading newspaper. The New York Times ( 25 Feb, 2008 Report)
Therefore, as verified by indepedant news media, western sources and even by the christian organisation itself, Islam is indeed the fastest growing religion in the world.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
again, who cares? i don't have to have number in masses to believe what i believe.

numbers can be manipulated to make anyone believe anything.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Well, for one, I care. And like numbers, Words can also be manipulated to make anyone believe anything.
again, who cares? i don't have to have number in masses to believe what i believe.

numbers can be manipulated to make anyone believe anything.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
[the fastest spreading religion in the world] Is to believe that this universe and what it contains have a Creator Who is Allah the One and the Unique
I don't think so.

Islam
1 adherent in 610 CE, approximately 1.2 billion adherents today.
Average growth rate: 1.5% per year

Falun Gong
1 adherent in 1992, approximately 70 million adherents today.
Average growth rate: 173% per year

Wannabe Yogi

Is to believe that this universe and what it contains have a Creator Who is Allah the One and the Unique. Allah does not have any partner and He deserves to be worshipped alone .Also, Islam is to believe that Allah is fully aware of all creation and that He sees them and hears them. As well as to believe that He is over his throne above the heavens, One must leave off all worship directed to other than Allah .Also , Islam is to believe that Allah did not create mankind for amusement; rather He created them to worship Him. And He will raise them once again on the Day of Judgment to take them to account of their actions of this life.

Islam is the fastest growing religion in numbers not percentage. Many small groups are growing much faster. The growth of Islam is mostly due to birth rate.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
By all the reliable sources, Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. It has been verified by many independent sources
Foreign Policy ( May 2007 Report --- See link Below )
CNN World News ( 14 November 1997 Report --- See link below
And, the number of adherents of Protestants and Catholics is decreasing. So, as people are accepting christianity, they are leaving it at a greater rate as reported in leading newspaper. The New York Times ( 25 Feb, 2008 Report)
Therefore, as verified by indepedant news media, western sources and even by the christian organisation itself, Islam is indeed the fastest growing religion in the world.
Yes... because Christianity and Islam are the only two religions in the world, right?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Islam is the fastest growing religion in numbers not percentage. Many small groups are growing much faster. The growth of Islam is mostly due to birth rate.
I'm not sure that Islam's even leading in terms of raw numbers when you consider the entire world.

From what I can glean quickly from the interwebs, the estimated worldwide growth rate for Christianity is 1.38%, and the current number of Christians is around 2.1 billion. That means there is a net gain of almost 300 million Christians every year.

I can't find good numbers for the worldwide growth rate of Islam. All the stuff I can find online about Islam's rapid growth refers specifically to Europe.

Worldwide, Islam is about half the size of Christianity in terms of numbers of adherents; this means they'd have to be doubling the growth rate of Christianity worldwide to be beating them in straight head count increases. Are they managing to do this? I think either answer is plausible.

Edit: I found a source for growth rate stats for Islam: http://www.religioustolerance.org/growth_isl_chr.htm

The estimates vary quite a bit, but it seems that right now, the raw numbers of Muslims aren't increasing as much as the raw numbers of Christians, but Islam has a higher growth rate. If this growth rate is sustained for long enough, then this would mean that eventually, they'd begin to get a larger increase than Christians, all else being equal. However, I'm not sure whether this growth rate is sustainable in the long term.

Last edited:

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
But we haven't grown - we've always been here... lurking. ;)
I could have sworn I saw an AA-type of commercial to detox atheist from their icky religious past. What about all those de-baptisms? FSM Church? You guys are multiplying. Next, you'll decide to have kids and actually like it. But don't have too many because it might just make you religious again. :D

Quiddity

Usually, people who have too many kids are religious to start with.
Yeah, that's where I was going with that. IMO, it tends to incline people toward religion once they have kids. Most my atheist buddies are older, single, or divorced. Kids just don't tend to be part of their lives unless it's nephews or something.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Yeah, that's where I was going with that. IMO, it tends to incline people toward religion once they have kids. Most my atheist buddies are older, single, or divorced. Kids just don't tend to be part of their lives unless it's nephews or something.
Heh... as an atheist married to a Catholic, I can safely say that in our house, whatever number of kids we end up with, the trend is going to be the same for believers as non-believers. :D

Quiddity

Heh... as an atheist married to a Catholic, I can safely say that in our house, whatever number of kids we end up with, the trend is going to be the same for believers as non-believers. :D
I posted that with you in mind. It's just who I'm surrounded by. However, I'd be curious to see how acurate my experience is to say the US in general.

yassin

Thanks for you all .
here,comes the question: why is Islam the fastest growing religion?(the fastest In nombers,in rate, in some areas,.....what ever)
Which power this religion has to make all this adherts to follow?
what are the evidences for the truth of Islam?
I have some evidences of the truth of Islam.
But, first let me ask,what is Islam?

The religion of Islam is the acceptance of and obedience to the teachings of God which He revealed to His last prophet, Muhammad.
Islam is to believe that Allah has sent down books to the Prophets like the Torah, the Gospel, the Psalms and the last being the Qur'an which He sent down to Muhammad Peasce be Upon him. All these books command to worship Allah alone with no partners. These books were faced with alternation due to the extensive length of time. This was done by the enemies of the religion who consume the money of the people by deception. Except the Qu'ran which was sent down to the Prophet Muhammad. It has been completely preserved within the chests of men, women, and children. Allah has made it a miracle for mankind and has taken it upon Himself to protect it from any kind of loss or alteration. Moreover, Allah has made the Qur'an dominate over the previous books. And it consists of various scientific facts which make the leading figures of modern science wetness its challenge.
Islam does not differentiate between black and white, nor between the rich and the poor, nor between Arab and non-Arab. Rather, Islam looks at the one who is more in piety, faith, and good deeds. This is the one who is closest to Allah.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Thanks for you all .
here,comes the question: why is Islam the fastest growing religion?(the fastest In nombers,in rate, in some areas,.....what ever)
"Whatever" - ha!

Which power this religion has to make all this adherts to follow?
what are the evidences for the truth of Islam?
I have some evidences of the truth of Islam.
Wait... so if a religion is the fastest growing one in an area, this is evidence of the truth of that religion?

So in places where the fastest growing religion is something other than Islam, in those areas, is this evidence that this religion is more true than Islam? :areyoucra

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
You're kidding, right? How about Islam differentiates between Muslims and non-Muslims? The goal of the Muslim faith is to propagate the Muslim faith and to rid the world of its infidels. the Quran is full of text that explicitly details this.
Islam does not differentiate between black and white, nor between the rich and the poor, nor between Arab and non-Arab. Rather, Islam looks at the one who is more in piety, faith, and good deeds. This is the one who is closest to Allah.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
You're kidding, right? How about Islam differentiates between Muslims and non-Muslims? The goal of the Muslim faith is to propagate the Muslim faith and to rid the world of its infidels. the Quran is full of text that explicitly details this.

And yet simultaneously teaches religious tolerance. :rolleyes:

Here's where I'll always defend Islam: it's goal is to reach Allah; whether or not others do is between them and Allah. From my understanding, the violent parts of the Qur'an are not meant to be eternal, but specific to the time when they were revealed.

If Islam's goal was to "rid the world of infidels," then every single Muslim would be trying to convert people, and those who didn't listen would be killed. The fact that, from my observations, it's actually a minority who actually do this, I can reasonably conclude that the goal you've provided for Islam is incorrect.