• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The FLOOD, God's Great Failure?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Well, when a tsunami hits and carries off a few thousand people, i do never even feel the slightest urge to blame God.

i don't either. Obviously.

So, do you think that whomever gives life is morally justfied to take it?

I am not sure whether it was a yes or a no.

Ciao

- viole

Kemosloby

Premium Member
i don't either. Obviously.

So, do you think that whomever gives life is morally justfied to take it?

I am not sure whether it was a yes or a no.

Ciao

- viole

A tsunami is an act of God in any courtroom, Since it does not trouble my soul in the least I believe God who gives life is morally justified to take life. But nobody else "gives life" in the sense that God gives life, therefore nobody else is justified to take life except God or as God would want them to, Such as for punishment for murder.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I am a Christian and respect Christianity and to show this, please next time spell God with a capital if you need me to discuss further matters.
I'll spell god however I please, thank you, and if you can't get past your silly smugness so be it. And truth be told, I don't need you for anything.

Please in future read the Holy Bible with Faith
How about if I just try to climb the Empire State Building? Trouble is, I would need a reason, and a very good one to do so. And as yet I have yet to see one.

and not to look at grey areas that makes you a Questioning Monster.
"Questioning Monster"? Gee, I must have really hit a sore spot with my question. That's one for me.:thumbsup:

by the way keep the questions for yourself until you have a clearer understanding of the bible.
Boy, you certainly like to play captain of the ship don't you.

"next time spell God with a capital"
"in the future read the Holy Bible with Faith"
"keep the questions for yourself"
Gotta say, I look forward to your upcoming posts. Haven't had anyone so full of themselves around here in quite awhile.

Welcome aboard cap'in. ;)

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
A tsunami is an act of God in any courtroom, Since it does not trouble my soul in the least I believe God who gives life is morally justified to take life. But nobody else "gives life" in the sense that God gives life, therefore nobody else is justified to take life except God or as God would want them to, Such as for punishment for murder.

Well, at least we agree on capital punishement.

Do you think life is a gift?

Ciao

- ciole

Because people go around trying to convince others that their god, the god of Abraham, knows what he's doing and should be trusted, worshiped and is worthy of their hard earned coin every Sunday. And I'm just pointing out the other side of the story, that their god is capable of failure, and that perhaps a hard look at him may save them the time, effort, and money. If nothing else, think of it as a public service. But what's refreshing is to see that the Christians here don't consider his flood to be a success either. It helps renew my faith in their impartiality when it comes to the obvious.

Skwim, the flood was a success. It destroyed everyone and everything God wanted it to destroy while Noah and his family survived as God had intended.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Yes, one that transcends time. If you have lived at any certain point in time it was a gift that can never be taken away.

If I give you a gift, and take it back the next day, was that a gift to start with?

Ciao

- viole

Muffled

Jesus in me
So it makes no difference that the status quo returned after the flood. Kind of short sighted don't you think.

I believe I fail to see what you think is short sighted.

I believe the same people that died returned. The only difference is that they had a good example for a while. I believe that is true of my children. They all have their problems with sin but they had a man of God they could have listened to.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I believe you have made my point.

Our world is full of those who think only of themselves.

And you think that people who think of themselves are not doing well?

Which is puzzling. If you think the world is full of them, why would you ask anyone how she is doing? That seems pointless.

By the way, I was thinking of my car. Which is quite new and probably does not go to heaven when it is bombed.

Ciao

- viole