• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 'hmm.. Interesting' thread

Renji

I'm quite bored with the seriousness of this forum lately so I'm starting this 'interesting' thread. Just discuss something interesting.... After posting, do not forget the line 'hmm... Interesting.':D

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
I don't know if you've heard about this, or if its been discussed on the forum, but I thought it was fascinating. A terrestrial bacteria that can replace the phosphorous in its biochemical structure with arsenic and function normally has been discovered. Its good news for those searching for alien life. I know when I first heard it I was like "hmm...interesting".

Renji

I don't know if you've heard about this, or if its been discussed on the forum, but I thought it was fascinating. A terrestrial bacteria that can replace the phosphorous in its biochemical structure with arsenic and function normally has been discovered. Its good news for those searching for alien life. I know when I first heard it I was like "hmm...interesting".

It was kinda like a bit weird, but hmmm, interesting:D

.lava

Veteran Member
I'm quite bored with the seriousness of this forum lately so I'm starting this 'interesting' thread. Just discuss something interesting.... After posting, do not forget the line 'hmm... Interesting.':D

i feel a little weird about this. is this somehow related to me, Lawrence? you could not be that bored, could you?

Renji

i feel a little weird about this. is this somehow related to me, Lawrence? you could not be that bored, could you?

Not really. I just thought of a title that is catchy;) It's just a coincidence. :)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I'm trying to find some YouTube clips of Mr. Interesting to post in this thread, but all I can find is a still picture:

mrinteresting.jpg

"If you were to take all the sand on a beach and lay the grains end to end, you'd be working for the government!"

hmm... interesting.

Reptillian

I've been listening to some of Mozart and Beethoven's music tonight. Mozart seems to me to be the greater natural genius, though both are brilliant musicians. Beethoven seems to work harder at his compositions while Mozart seems to effortlessly squeeze out masterpiece after masterpiece. Both of them tend to get a bit carried away with certain songs if you ask me. It will appear that the piece is about to end, then they drag it on for a few more minutes. I can't tell if they're just trying to lengthen them for listeners in their time, or if they're trying to impress other composers by being "wordy". I know when I hear their music I can't help but think, "All right guys...wind it up already." But then sometimes they'll mix it up at the end and I'm like, "hmm...interesting"

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Uranus is 90 degrees off its axis. It is like it is rolling on its side compared to the other planets.

Renji

Do you know that we have this part of the brain called Angular Gyrus, which is capable not only on processes like language, cognition and mathematics, but can also receive electrical impulses when we feel something (if we are scared for example), which enables us to see things (hallucinations) that aren't really present (like ghost for example). Hmmm, Interesting.

Reptillian

Uranus is 90 degrees off its axis. It is like it is rolling on its side compared to the other planets.

On a related note, it might interest you to know that Venus rotates "backward" compared to the other planets. On Venus the Sun rises in the west and sets in the east. Its year is 243 Earth days long and 1.92 Venus days long.

Do you know that we have this part of the brain called Angular Gyrus, which is capable not only on processes like language, cognition and mathematics, but can also receive electrical impulses when we feel something (if we are scared for example), which enables us to see things (hallucinations) that aren't really present (like ghost for example). Hmmm, Interesting.

I remember reading about a month ago that infrasound has been suggested as an explaination for some ghost sightings. Sounds below the frequency range of human hearing can induce feelings of nervousness and apprehension. The human eye also resonates and can deform at infrasound frequencies. Some hauntings have been attributed to infrasound in the environment.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I remember precisely the moment I learned that if an earthworm is torn in two, that both pieces will become individual earthworms. I immediately thought, "Hmmmm, interesting."

Though, for the record, I have never attempted to prove or disprove this assertion.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
I remember precisely the moment I learned that if an earthworm is torn in two, that both pieces will become individual earthworms. I immediately thought, "Hmmmm, interesting."

Though, for the record, I have never attempted to prove or disprove this assertion.

It isn't true according to QI what you get is either 2 halves of a dead earthworm or one part lives and other part dies.

xkatz

Did you know Panda is an evil, heartless, Scottish animal that consumes over 9000 kilograms of bamboo a month?

Hmmm...interesting.

Renji

Do you know that drinking coffee reduces the risk of having certain types of cancer but, drinking much coffee can also decrease one's intake/absorption of calcium? hmmm, interesting

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I am listening the Stille Nacht, Heilege Nacht - and wondering why Silent Night is so much more poignant in GERMAN of all weird things...hmmmm, interesting...

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I heard if you cut up a starfish, it will become a whole bunch of starfish. I've never tried this.