• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Homosexuals Of Alderaan Want Your Children

Me Myself

Back to my username
That's a nice way of saying they have a higher rate of bisexuality and homosexuality. If you feel it's right to subject a child to that then there's not much left to say.

So you think that´s enough?

It´s okay that the child never feels loved as long as he is straight? It´s okay that he never gets a home as long as there is lesser risk of liking his same gender? It´s okay that the posibilities of him being completely unhappy and miserable rise up as long as the posibilities of him being a more caring and accepting person to all kind of people in this world while also feeling loved himself remain down?

You really wanna leave eyour case like that?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Right. Because the real "harm" is in children thinking that homosexuality is okay.

Not physical abuse.

Not neglect.

Not molestation.

Acceptance. Tolerance. THAT is the real harm. Gotcha. ;)

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
I know a lesbian couple that have twins- a girl and boy. One of the ladies is the biological mother.
They are the sweetest kids, very well behaved, and such a loving and committed family.

I have nothing against this sort of family, and I have nothing against changing society. Pushing against the boundaries of the norm is natural and inevitable. It has always been and always will be.

The main oppositions to this particular variety of change is based in long standing tradition. People are so scared of changing what they know and always fear the worse. Often, these fears are unfounded. Or they are based almost entirely on religion.

Since this is a topic almost always opposed from a religious standpoint, I think on this forum it may be prudent to agree to disagree since. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

remind me to give you frubals for this later

9Westy9

Premium Member
I can't emphasize enough how wrong that remark is. With that remark, you've as much as admitted that gays were not given due process and were judged as incompetent parents from the beginning. Based on what? Religious beliefs.

Innocent until proven guilty is a very sound and just way to conduct jurisprudence that works very well. Christians don't get to employ a double standard and change the rules just because they feel strongly about it. Your emotions and beliefs are irrelevant because they tend to taint objectivity which is why our system is based on innocent until proven guilty in the first place.

and another post worthy of frubals :bow:

9Westy9

Premium Member
Except this video appears to be supporting findings from earlier studies showing of a higher rate of specific problems found in these types of households.

one case does not show a high rate :facepalm:. I thought that it's be obvious. Also I see no parenting abuse here, except perhaps the taking a small child into a sex shop. She also claims that children NEED a mother and father which is not the case as we've already shown you.

9Westy9

Premium Member
This goes back to a bunch of other studies I quoted like 10 pages ago and a You Tube video some people I'm arguing with posted. Basically, my entire point is that we don't base anything off such videos as we can't verify anything about them

Then you should have made that clear, instead of appearing to support the video as factual.

Duck

I can't emphasize enough how wrong that remark is. With that remark, you've as much as admitted that gays were not given due process and were judged as incompetent parents from the beginning. Based on what? Religious beliefs.

Innocent until proven guilty is a very sound and just way to conduct jurisprudence that works very well. Christians don't get to employ a double standard and change the rules just because they feel strongly about it. Your emotions and beliefs are irrelevant because they tend to taint objectivity which is why our system is based on innocent until proven guilty in the first place.

Particularly in light of the fact that heteros are automatically assumed to be good parents because they are too incompetent to put on a condom.

9Westy9

Premium Member
That's a nice way of saying they have a higher rate of bisexuality and homosexuality. If you feel it's right to subject a child to that then there's not much left to say.

I see you selectively ignored the part about how the children develop equally as well

Duck

Right. Because the real "harm" is in children thinking that homosexuality is okay.

Not physical abuse.

Not neglect.

Not molestation.

Acceptance. Tolerance. THAT is the real harm. Gotcha. ;)

Exactly. this particular person thinks that LGBT folks are EVIL. And quotes the levitical passages calling for the DEATH of gay men (specifically, but presumably bi- men as well, not so sure about lesbians and bi- women or trans folk) at least once per thread on homosexuality. I think that pretty much stands on its own. I am evil, am unfit to parent, and deserve to be put to death. Tolerance obviously would be a harmful state to be in.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
That really does end the conversation, doesn't it.

I imagine. But the crux of the argument against homosexuals marrying and raising families is that queers are, in someone's mind, a legitimate threat. It's legitimate because it is what is interpreted from a holy book, from theologians opinions, from this interpretation and that interpretation. And I have found human nature to be such....we REALLY love our interpretations.

So no matter what might be presented to us, we all hold strong and fast to our interpretations: queers = bad. Islam = peace. Dogs = loyal. Woman = subservient. And we all have our ideas specifically with THIS thread topic on the merits of gay parenting.

But, let's see here. Which countries and states have legal same sex marriage that affords all the rights as straights? Which of these countries and states have reported higher rates of abuse and neglect?

I mean, we COULD steer the conversation into that area, if we want to look at relevent data. Or we could have more mushy gushy love fun with the current flame war.

I'm also curious to see if some folks are aware that there are queer parents who are currently participating in this debate. Just saying. ;)

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Hmmm. This may make the game more interesting. I could use a fake Jedi on Jedi romance to instigate my rebellion. Sweet.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
I imagine. But the crux of the argument against homosexuals marrying and raising families is that queers are, in someone's mind, a legitimate threat. It's legitimate because it is what is interpreted from a holy book, from theologians opinions, from this interpretation and that interpretation. And I have found human nature to be such....we REALLY love our interpretations.

So no matter what might be presented to us, we all hold strong and fast to our interpretations: queers = bad. Islam = peace. Dogs = loyal. Woman = subservient. And we all have our ideas specifically with THIS thread topic on the merits of gay parenting.

But, let's see here. Which countries and states have legal same sex marriage that affords all the rights as straights? Which of these countries and states have reported higher rates of abuse and neglect?

I mean, we COULD steer the conversation into that area, if we want to look at relevent data. Or we could have more mushy gushy love fun with the current flame war.

I'm also curious to see if some folks are aware that there are queer parents who are currently participating in this debate. Just saying. ;)
:rainbow1:
Awesome post, frubals when i'm not on my phone :)

Me Myself

Back to my username
Soooooo...

I think the Star Wars game should allow gay characters to adopt :D (okay, also straight ones)

What can be more exciting that to fight for/against the republic while you change diapers! :eek:

9Westy9

Premium Member
Soooooo...

I think the Star Wars game should allow gay characters to adopt :D (okay, also straight ones)

What can be more exciting that to fight for/against the republic while you change diapers! :eek:

Sounds like a good mini-game concept :p

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
one case does not show a high rate :facepalm:. I thought that it's be obvious. Also I see no parenting abuse here, except perhaps the taking a small child into a sex shop. She also claims that children NEED a mother and father which is not the case as we've already shown you.

If you think it's appropriate for her guardian to make his exploits at bathhouses dinnertime conversation in addition to hosting regular visits in his home from new sexual partners then that doesn't say much about your judgement... IMO of course. The point has been that studies have shown that these types of behaviors occur much more frequently in gay households.

Last edited: