• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Homosexuals Of Alderaan Want Your Children

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Am I the only one that finds it strangely amusing when people who are advocates of sodomy liken their struggle to that of the black man? They use terms like "hate group" to decribe organizations committed to seeing that children actually have a mother and father as opposed to two "mothers" or "fathers". They describe their opponents as "bigots" for preaching about the need for sexual purity and for pushing back when others preach a message that's contrary to that. So many of these terms are borrowed from the civil rights era. I agree we need to crack down bigtime on bullying people because they engage in such behavior.

:facepalm:

Me Myself

Back to my username
Am I the only one who finds it extremely amuzing that they are worried that there is going to be a bad "morality" in the game because of the option to have homosexual partners, but not because they are plain killing people all the time?

I mean even if we pretended homosexuality to be a bad thing, would you truly say it is the most moraly bankrupt thing that happens in videogames? and would you then seriously debate that because they do this "bad things" in videogames there is risk of them going to do it in real life?

It´s like he wanted to break the record on mistaken basis for taking up causes with this.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
That's interesting. Learn something new everyday. I wonder what Dr. King would have said, himself.
I'm sure it would have been one of several issues he would have devoted a lot of thought and prayer to. One of his closest advisers and friend Bayard Rustin, was an openly gay man.

I'm sure they discussed the issue at least once... and Dr. King saw no reason for it to prevent their friendship or preventing him from defending Rustin from those that thought he shouldn't be part of the movement.

wa:do

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
Am I the only one who finds it extremely amuzing that they are worried that there is going to be a bad "morality" in the game because of the option to have homosexual partners, but not because they are plain killing people all the time?

I mean even if we pretended homosexuality to be a bad thing, would you truly say it is the most moraly bankrupt thing that happens in videogames? and would you then seriously debate that because they do this "bad things" in videogames there is risk of them going to do it in real life?

It´s like he wanted to break the record on mistaken basis for taking up causes with this.
Oh yeah I mean the Sith are outright evil. And every character can then choose to play their character - whether a Sith, Jedi, Bounty Hunter, Smuggler or Imperial/Republic soldier - as a Light or Dark or neutral character. It's great world building and lets you take really interesting ways through the world.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member

I don't find it amusing. I find it worrying and sickening.

Of course they would. God commanded thousand of people to die so clearly homosexuality is worse than killing a few people.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Oh yeah I mean the Sith are outright evil. And every character can then choose to play their character - whether a Sith, Jedi, Bounty Hunter, Smuggler or Imperial/Republic soldier - as a Light or Dark or neutral character. It's great world building and lets you take really interesting ways through the world.

So they have no problem with their kids being evil,as long as them to being heterosexual evil.

Makes sense to me. :p

Heh, well my morpg of choice is DCUO I most say :D

I like starwars, but I am crazy about DC :eek:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Am I the only one that finds it strangely amusing when people who are advocates of sodomy liken their struggle to that of the black man? They use terms like "hate group" to decribe organizations committed to seeing that children actually have a mother and father as opposed to two "mothers" or "fathers". They describe their opponents as "bigots" for preaching about the need for sexual purity and for pushing back when others preach a message that's contrary to that. So many of these terms are borrowed from the civil rights era. I agree we need to crack down bigtime on bullying people because they engage in such behavior.
One of the leaders of the Civil Rights Movement and adviser to Dr. King during his life Bayard Rustin said in 1986:

Today, blacks are no longer the litmus paper or the barometer of social change. Blacks are in every segment of society and there are laws that help to protect them from racial discrimination. The new "*******" are gays. . . . It is in this sense that gay people are the new barometer for social change. . . . The question of social change should be framed with the most vulnerable group in mind: gay people

There is no borrowing here, it's been freely given. :cool:

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Christians have every right to believe that it is a sin to be Gay. As long as you keep it in your church. Just like a private club has the right not to let Jews join up (As long as they don't use government funds) This is called freedom. Now if a Christian owns an apartment complex and wants to kick out a Gay Couple thats a whole different story.

In other words, believe what you want, just don't get in the way of us doing what we feel we have the right to do.

Wannabe Yogi

In other words, believe what you want, just don't get in the way of us doing what we feel we have the right to do.

Or better yet. You have the rights to your religion but you can't make us follow it. Many native american cultures allowed gay marriage. Do you believe the Christians had the rights to make their culture and beliefs illegal. Before the Abrahamic faiths invaded India Hindus allowed Gays to marry. Why can't I follow my faith as it was originally intended. I have no problem with you not allowing gays to get married in your church. (I do see it as a bit primitive however) Why do you guys have such a problem with letting my faith following it's beliefs.

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I find it astonishing that with all the carnage, theft, and destruction in video games, this group presumably made no objection till a gay couple showed up.

Funny how in a world full of 'sinful', anti-social behaviors people always manage to find some trivial sin du jour to get incensed about.

Me Myself

Back to my username
winner-theme.gif

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But this could apply to pedophilia, slavery, sati -- any anti social practice. There's no underlying principle supporting it, except, perhaps, ego-centric anarchy.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
The christian position is that you don't have the right to abuse children and pervert the meaning of marriage. There are those who've put their trust in what the Christian God call immorality that wouldn't be convinced under any circumstances. So we'll battle

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
But this could apply to pedophilia, slavery, sati -- any anti social practice. There's no underlying principle supporting it, except, perhaps, ego-centric anarchy.
The obvious difference being what? :sarcastic

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
The christian position is that you don't have the right to abuse children and pervert the meaning of marriage. There are those who've put their trust in what the Christian God call immorality that wouldn't be convinced under any circumstances. So we'll battle
No one wants to abuse children... and as for perverting the meaning of marriage... which one in the Bible are you using? The Bible has many different "marriage systems" within it.

My religion has had as long a tradition of marriage as yours has. We won't deny you your definition if you don't deny us ours.