• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Homosexuals Of Alderaan Want Your Children

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
bible-marriage.jpg

wa:do

Wannabe Yogi

The christian position is that you don't have the right to abuse children and pervert the meaning of marriage. I don't expect those who've put their trust in what the Christian God call immorality to be convinced under any circumstances. So we'll battle

This statement is absurd !!! For the following reasons:

-Being Gay has nothing to do with Child abuse.

-In fact for the first 200 years of Christianity there were no Christian rituals around marriage. Christians followed the local practice.

-Why should Christians call for non Christians to follow their ethics. When you believe they are on the way to hell any way. Why not have fun now since they are going to bake in the lake any way.

Skwim

Veteran Member
The christian position is that you don't have the right to abuse children and pervert the meaning of marriage. There are those who've put their trust in what the Christian God call immorality that wouldn't be convinced under any circumstances.
So we'll battle
   to impose our religious convictions on others. Or is that putting words in your mouth?

Me Myself

Back to my username
The christian position is that you don't have the right to abuse children

I haven´t seen one single passage in the bible that condemns pedophilia. Not abusing children isn´t in the bible, comes from compassion, not doctrine.

If you used compassion instead of blind "faith" more often, you´d probably be closer to loving everyone as Christ loved us.

and pervert the meaning of marriage.

Your interpretation of "pervert" though. A very very perverse one if you ask me.

There are those who've put their trust in what the Christian God call immorality that wouldn't be convinced under any circumstances. So we'll battle

The only reason why you think homosexuality is wrong form a "christian" per4spective comes from the OT, because Jesus NEVER spoke against it.

You won´t battle OT style for your beliefs hopefully.

Wannabe Yogi

I'm married to my beautiful wife from Russia; we have a very christian marriage, and our union looks nothing like your atheist liberal depiction above.

Why do you believe she is an Atheist did you read her title ? Native American, or did you just assume she is because she said something you don't like? I don't have any idea if she is an Atheist or not. Just asking questions.

Last edited:

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
You're telling me he's lying about the need for diapers after years of trauma to the rectum? Also, it's true that plenty of black pastors don't appreciate the LGT community liken the two struggles together

.......what about the rest of what he said?

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
“Even the homosexual lobby knows, those who are pro-homosexual, they know that they cannot win the argument describing what it is that these people actually do to each other, the objects, the animals in certain cases, the little gerbils,” Wooden said
Someones been watching to much South Park

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I'm married to my beautiful wife from Russia; we have a very christian marriage, and our union looks nothing like your atheist liberal depiction above.
I'm sure it looks nothing like the union of the early prophets like Brigham Young who had fifty one wives. Which was also thought of as "very Christian".

Plus, I'm not an "atheist liberal" so you can stop with the silly personal attacks. :slap:

wa:do

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
The christian position is that you don't have the right to abuse children and pervert the meaning of marriage. There are those who've put their trust in what the Christian God call immorality that wouldn't be convinced under any circumstances. So we'll battle

And so it is clear, your version of Christianity is not about love or forgiveness, but control, fear and violence.

Antiochian

Rationalist
In the U.S., we have a presidential candidate who has been married 3 times--cheated on a wife with cancer, asked his second wife for an open marriage.

We have televangelists who make millions upon millions off gullible and desperate people who probably don't have a pot to pee in.

One of the world's largest religious institutions has covered up for known child molestors.

Two straight people can show up at a Los Vegas wedding chapel drunk off their behinds, be united in matrimony by a minister dressed as Elvis, file for divorce once the hangover wears off and they both realize they're repulsed by one another, and then each do it again with someone else the next time they're drunk in Vegas.

Jimmy Swaggart and Ted Haggard fool around with prostitutes.

There is poverty, earthquakes, pollution, war, murder, unclean drinking water, starvation, cancer, and a guy named Warren Jeffs who manipulated and abused underage girls.

And we're supposed to be worried about two grown people of the same sex who love each other wanting to get married?????

Skwim

Veteran Member
In the U.S., we have a presidential candidate who has been married 3 times--cheated on a wife with cancer, asked his second wife for an open marriage.

We have televangelists who make millions upon millions off gullible and desperate people who probably don't have a pot to pee in.

One of the world's largest religious institutions has covered up for known child molestors.

Two straight people can show up at a Los Vegas wedding chapel drunk off their behinds, be united in matrimony by a minister dressed as Elvis, file for divorce once the hangover wears off and they both realize they're repulsed by one another, and then each do it again with someone else the next time they're drunk in Vegas.

Jimmy Swaggart and Ted Haggard fool around with prostitutes.

There is poverty, earthquakes, pollution, war, murder, unclean drinking water, starvation, cancer, and a guy named Warren Jeffs who manipulated and abused underage girls.

And we're supposed to be worried about two grown people of the same sex who love each other wanting to get married?????
Petty people: petty concerns.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
And so it is clear, your version of Christianity is not about love or forgiveness, but control, fear and violence.

This doesn't even make any sense. Your version of "love" is everybody approving of an agenda to legitimize behavior that many believe is actually evil. This much is certain however, the Christian community must be committed to hating the sin and not the sinner, something that I admit can be very difficult.

Last edited:

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
This doesn't even make any sense. Your version of "love" is everybody approving of an agenda to legitimize behavior that many believe is actually evil.

I believe Christianity is the biggest evil this planet has ever and will ever see, should that give rise to me trying to illegitimize it?

Me Myself

Back to my username
This doesn't even make any sense. Your version of "love" is everybody approving of an agenda to legitimize behavior that many believe is actually evil. This much is certain however, the Christian community must be committed to hating the sin and not the sinner, something that I admit can be very difficult.

So, in a nutshell: we are evil for promoting love in all forms that make both the giver and the reciever happy, and that makes it dificult for "Christians" not to hate us?

I must say you have a very relatable argument.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
So, in a nutshell: we are evil for promoting love in all forms that make both the giver and the reciever happy, and that makes it dificult for "Christians" not to hate us?

I must say you have a very relatable argument.

Legalizing these "marriages" and allowing adoptions affects myself and innocent children. Not to mention the fact that it sends a message that these behaviors are perfectly acceptable. Why do you think people are angry about this? This message is preached to our kids, to vulnerable minds. Do whatever you want to do in your own bedroom

Last edited: