• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Homosexuals Of Alderaan Want Your Children

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
My wife and I were both virgins when we fell in love with each other... we have been together going on 16 years and have been happily married for almost three years.

We have been together longer than almost all of the hetero couples we know. But, somehow my long term monogamous relationship is evil and icky while my hetero friends counting notches on their bed posts is just fine?

Why not worry about all the "good Christian" heteros that are sleeping around and making you all look like a bunch of hypocrites?

ps... you still haven't told me why your religion gets to tell mine what to do...

wa:do

Wannabe Yogi

My wife and I were both virgins when we fell in love with each other... we have been together going on 16 years and have been happily married for almost three years.

We have been together longer than almost all of the hetero couples we know. But, somehow my long term monogamous relationship is evil and icky while my hetero friends counting notches on their bed posts is just fine?

Why not worry about all the "good Christian" heteros that are sleeping around and making you all look like a bunch of hypocrites?

ps... you still haven't told me why your religion gets to tell mine what to do...

I :bow: to your loving relationship.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I always find it amazing it so often seems to boils down to sex for the anti-gay crowd. The discussions of sodomy and discussing the anus and so on. Really? As a heterosexual how much of your relationship and marriage is based upon what kind of sex you have? Is your marriage and how you raise your children truly dependent on if you have vaginal intercourse in a missionary position? Sex shouldn't be the issue. Love and compassion and devotion should be. Those are things that should be the base for any and all true relationships...regardless of the genders of the participants.

I've known several homosexuals over the years -- all were bed post notchers like you describe your hetero friends to be -- and not once have I ever heard any of them even talk about getting married. Maybe it's just that you don't know enough heterosexuals personally to make an informed statement? :shrug:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I always find it amazing it so often seems to boils down to sex for the anti-gay crowd. The discussions of sodomy and discussing the anus and so on. Really? As a heterosexual how much of your relationship and marriage is based upon what kind of sex you have? Is your marriage and how you raise your children truly dependent on if you have vaginal intercourse in a missionary position? Sex shouldn't be the issue. Love and compassion and devotion should be. Those are things that should be the base for any and all true relationships...regardless of the genders of the participants.
Exactly... and this just shows the deep hypocrisy of argument even more, as sodomy is enjoyed by hetero couples but never seems to be a concern for these people.

Where are the rallies to stop men from buggering their wives and wives to stop buggering their husbands?

Unless the law is in every bedroom it's blatantly hypocritical. Perhaps we should only be allowed to have sex in designated places with chaperones?

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Legalizing these "marriages" and allowing adoptions affects myself and innocent children. Not to mention the fact that it sends a message that these behaviors are perfectly acceptable. Why do you think people are angry about this? This message is preached to our kids, to vulnerable minds. Do whatever you want to do in your own bedroom

It doesn't affect you in any way, shape or form. As for how it effects children watch this video

[youtube]FSQQK2Vuf9Q[/youtube]
Zach Wahls Speaks About Family - YouTube

9Westy9

Premium Member
[youtube]FSQQK2Vuf9Q[/youtube]
Zach Wahls Speaks About Family - YouTube

edit: Highlight:

"For the next 2 hours we are gonna here testimony of how "damaging" having gay parents is on kids.

But in my 19 years not once I´ve ever been confronted by an individual who realized independently that I was raised by a gay couple.

And you know why?

Because the sexual orientation of my parents has had 0 effect on the content of my character.

Thank you very much."

One step ahead of me I see :p

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
"Sarcasm is anger's ugly cousin". Can you name that movie and who said it?
it's far more beautiful than bigotry.

I've known several homosexuals over the years -- all were bed post notchers like you describe your hetero friends to be -- and not once have I ever heard any of them even talk about getting married. Maybe it's just that you don't know enough heterosexuals personally to make an informed statement? :shrug:

Or, the lesson here is that people are people. All gays and all straights are not the same, and acting as if all gays are promiscuous (and that this is bad in the first place, **** shaming is also wrong) and straights are paragons of monogamous virtue is ridiculous.

If promiscuity is an argument against marriage than straight people lost the right long before gays sought it. And there are far more straights in sin than queer folk, on sheere numbers alone.

9Westy9

Premium Member
I can't in good conscience support gay adoptions nor can I be a part of legitimizing something I believe is evil.

Then we need to change your perception of evil.

Since I know you guys love studies, I've seen sources which have said the it's not uncommon for gays to have like 500-1000 partners in their life. How much satisfaction could that lifestyle really be bringing someone if they have to keep running from partner to partner?

I'd like to see these studies.

9Westy9

Premium Member

Does it matter if only a minority of homosexuals want to get married? What gives you, or anyone else, the right to stop them from getting married?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
LoL... yeah, that's it. :facepalm:

My whole family is gay.... everyone at my university was gay and all my friends and co-workers are gay... and so is everyone in my church and in my state... I live in a 100% gay world. Golly gee, if only I knew a few more heteros then I'd learn the error of my ways.

Are you serious? :slap:

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Then we need to change your perception of evil.

I'd like to see these studies.

Timothy J. Dailey Ph.D. -- Homosexual Parenting: Placing children at risk

"Homosexual Promiscuity
Studies indicate that the average male homosexual has hundreds of sex partners in his lifetime, a lifestyle that is difficult for even "committed" homosexuals to break free of and which is not conducive to a healthy and wholesome atmosphere for the raising of children.
A. P. Bell and M. S. Weinberg, in their classic study of male and female homosexuality, found that 43 percent of white male homosexuals had sex with five hundred or more partners, with 28 percent having 1,000 or more sex partners.29
In their study of the sexual profiles of 2,583 older homosexuals published in Journal of Sex Research, Paul Van de Ven et al. found that "the modal range for number of sexual partners ever [of homosexuals] was 101--500." In addition, 10.2 percent to 15.7 percent had between 501 and 1000 partners. A further 10.2 percent to 15.7 percent reported having had more than 1000 lifetime sexual partners.30
A survey conducted by the homosexual magazine Genre found that 24 percent of the respondents said they had had more than 100 sexual partners in their lifetime. The magazine noted that several respondents suggested including a category of those who had more than 1,000 sexual partners.31
In his study of male homosexuality in Western Sexuality: Practice and Precept in Past and Present Times, M. Pollak found that "few homosexual relationships last longer than two years, with many men reporting hundreds of lifetime partners."32
Promiscuity among Homosexual Couples
Even in those homosexual relationships in which the partners consider themselves to be in a committed relationship, the meaning of "committed" typically means something radically different than in heterosexual marriage.
In The Male Couple, authors David P. McWhirter and Andrew M. Mattison report that in a study of 156 males in homosexual relationships lasting from one to thirty-seven years: Only seven couples have a totally exclusive sexual relationship, and these men all have been together for less than five years. Stated another way, all couples with a relationship lasting more than five years have incorporated some provision for outside sexual activity in their relationships.33 Most understood sexual relations outside the relationship to be the norm, and viewed adopting monogamous standards as an act of oppression.
In Male and Female Homosexuality, M. Saghir and E. Robins found that the average male homosexual live-in relationship lasts between two and three years.34
In their Journal of Sex Research study of the sexual practices of older homosexual men, Paul Van de Ven et al. found that only 2.7 percent of older homosexuals had only one sexual partner in their lifetime.35
Comparison of Homosexual 'Couples' and Heterosexual Spouses
Lest anyone suffer the illusion that any equivalency between the sexual practices of homosexual relationships and traditional marriage exists, the statistics regarding sexual fidelity within marriage are revealing: In Sex in America, called by the New York Times "the most important study of American sexual behavior since the Kinsey reports," Robert T. Michael et al. report that 90 percent of wives and 75 percent of husbands claim never to have had extramarital sex.36
A nationally representative survey of 884 men and 1,288 women published in Journal of Sex Research found that 77 percent of married men and 88 percent of married women had remained faithful to their marriage vows.37
In The Social Organization of Sexuality: Sexual Practices in the United States, E. O. Laumann et al. conducted a national survey that found that 75 percent of husbands and 85 percent of wives never had sexual relations outside of marriage.38
A telephone survey conducted for Parade magazine of 1,049 adults selected to represent the demographic characteristics of the United States found that 81 percent of married men and 85 percent of married women reported that they had never violated their marriage vows.39
While the rate of fidelity within marriage cited by these studies remains far from ideal, there is a magnum order of difference between the negligible lifetime fidelity rate cited for homosexuals and the 75 to 90 percent cited for married couples. This indicates that even "committed" homosexual relationships display a fundamental incapacity for the faithfulness and commitment that is axiomatic to the institution of marriage.
Unhealthy Aspects of 'Monogamous' Homosexual Relationships
Even those homosexual relationships that are loosely termed "monogamous" do not necessarily result in healthier behavior.
The journal AIDS reported that men involved in relationships engaged in anal intercourse and oral-anal intercourse with greater frequency than did those without a steady partner.40 Anal intercourse has been linked with a host of bacterial and parasitical sexually transmitted diseases, including AIDS.
The exclusivity of the relationship did not diminish the incidence of unhealthy sexual acts, which are commonplace among homosexuals. An English study published in the same issue of AIDS concurred, finding that most "unsafe" sex acts among homosexuals occur in steady relationships.41
Of paramount concern are the effects of such a lifestyle upon children. Brad Hayton writes: Homosexuals . . . model a poor view of marriage to children. They are taught by example and belief that marital relationships are transitory and mostly sexual in nature. Sexual relationships are primarily for pleasure rather than procreation. And they are taught that monogamy in a marriage is not the norm [and] should be discouraged if one wants a good 'marital' relationship.42"

Last edited:

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
And so you feed my stomach and starve my spirit and soul. You give me clothing yet tell me to feel ashamed. You spread lies about me, and expect bread to make it better? No thank you, sir.

I believe life without Jesus is starvation and that it's only through him and through doing his will that we are satisfied. Keep in mind there's a difference between temporary numbness and real, lasting satisfaction.

John 4 : 13Jesus answered and said to her, “Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again; 14but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life.”

Draka

Wonder Woman
Posting something trying to pass itself off as actual research by a group known to be an anti-gay hate group doesn't work too well. Can you present actual evidence from a non-biased study? Because something written and published through the Family Research Council isn't going to cut it. That's like posting a study about African Americans done by the KKK.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Posting something trying to pass itself off as actual research by a group known to be an anti-gay hate group doesn't work too well. Can you present actual evidence from a non-biased study? Because something written and published through the Family Research Council isn't going to cut it. That's like posting a study about African Americans done by the KKK.

You either didn't read it or you ignored the fact that there were like 10 studies quoted in there, some of them quoted from pro-gay sources. And that's just in the part of the article that I quoted for this thread. There are more than 60 studies quoted in the whole article, many of them scientific journals.

Last edited:

Draka

Wonder Woman
You either didn't read it or you ignored the fact that there were like 10 studies quoted in there, some of them quoted from pro-gay sources

I scanned and looked first for info on the author and the publisher. To find if there was an underlying motivation for what was presented. Considering who it is from, I will not bother to read it BECAUSE I feel fairly certain that what I will be reading can't be trusted to be accurate and not be riddled with blatant misrepresentations and twistings of real facts to suit the bias of who is presenting it. The Family Research Council has a clear bigoted agenda, so any information put out by them concerning that agenda is to be dismissed in favor of non-biased information.

As I said, it is like presenting a "study" on African Americans by the KKK. I have no reason to trust the source, so why bother with the information?