• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Homosexuals Of Alderaan Want Your Children

Me Myself

Back to my username
ytou always hide when I ask you to unequivocaly show me a piece of evidence that gays cannot be good parents tot he kids who need it at the orphanage.

You only bring the forest and none of the trees you´ve pointed out in it has been the one you so asure that exists.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
It's true that much of what I posted, though not all of it, requires us to make judgements about how certain behaviors and patterns of living, that are shown to be far more common in gay lifestyles, might affect a child. Pro-gay adoption supporters have presented us with this wonderful image of loving gay couples, that practice actual monogamy, that stay together for 50 years, and that suffer from comparable rates of health and social problems compared to heterosexual families. I've provided arguments claiming this picture is a fabrication and supported by close to 80 different secular/medical studies. If gay households suffer from FAR HIGHER RATES of suicide, violence, alcoholism, incest, children with identity confusion, lack of monogamy,earlier breakups, reduced lifespans, and rampant, careless promiscuity, do we really need a social scientist to come out and say, " you know, it may not be a great idea for this type of "couple" to be raising children" before we're convinced?

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
If gay households suffer from FAR HIGHER RATES of suicide, violence, alcoholism, incest, children with identity confusion, lack of monogamy,earlier breakups, reduced lifespans, and rampant, careless promescuity, do we really need a social scientist to come out and say, " you know, it may not be a great idea for this type of "couple" to be raising children" before we're convinced?

The problem is that you have not shown "gay households suffer from FAR HIGHER RATES of suicide, violence, alcoholism, incest, children with identity confusion, lack of monogamy,earlier breakups, reduced lifespans, and rampant, careless promescuity."

nnmartin

ok, thanks - I've had a quick look at that list.

The three churches in North America that seem to have no issue with homosexuality seem to be:

Metopolitan Community Church http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolitan_Community_Church

United Church of Canada
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Church_of_Canada

Unity School of Christianity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unity_School_of_Christianity

(There are a few obscure European ones that I have not included here though none from the UK)

I've had a quick skim through those links and , well , not sure how 'Chrisitan' you could really call these establishments.

However, I will do some research and come back with findings or even discuss in a separate thread.

Last edited:

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
ok, thanks - I've had a quick look at that list.

The three churches in North America that seem to have no issue with homosexuality seem to be:

Metopolitan Community Church Metropolitan Community Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

United Church of Canada
United Church of Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unity School of Christianity
Unity Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(There are a few obscure European ones that I have not included here though none from the UK)

I've had a quick skim through those links and , well , not sure how 'Chrisitan' you could really call these establishments.

However, I will do some research and come back with findings or even discuss in a separate thread.
Add in
Episcopal
Evangelical Lutheran Church of America
Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada
Presbyterian Church (USA)
Old Catholic
and
United Church of Christ

Because some of those yellow squares have less to do with a denomination's theology and more to do with an individual priest or bishop.

If they accept gays as members, and ordain gay ministers as well as it being possible to get a union blessed in some way, I'm considering that a fairly open minded position.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Because some of those yellow squares have less to do with a denomination's theology and more to do with an individual priest or bishop.

If they accept gays as members, and ordain gay ministers as well as it being possible to get a union blessed in some way, I'm considering that a fairly open minded position.
[/B]

Yes, exactly. And communities. I recently lived in a Christian community that was very liberal about ministry by homosexual leaders- women leaders as well. They influence others and of course like-minded people tend to flock together.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
It's true that much of what I posted, though not all of it, requires us to make judgements about how certain behaviors and patterns of living, that are shown to be far more common in gay lifestyles, might affect a child. Pro-gay adoption supporters have presented us with this wonderful image of loving gay couples, that practice actual monogamy, that stay together for 50 years, and that suffer from comparable rates of health and social problems compared to heterosexual families. I've provided arguments claiming this picture is a fabrication and supported by close to 80 different secular/medical studies. If gay households suffer from FAR HIGHER RATES of suicide, violence, alcoholism, incest, children with identity confusion, lack of monogamy,earlier breakups, reduced lifespans, and rampant, careless promiscuity, do we really need a social scientist to come out and say, " you know, it may not be a great idea for this type of "couple" to be raising children" before we're convinced?
Claiming but not proving, which is why we need social scientists, and probably why you refuse to listen to one.

In fact, despite the evidence provided you keep claiming although it is FALSE. Just like you made claims about diapers even though it was false. This is just bigotry. I cannot imagine Jesus being cool with repeated lying, but perhaps someone else can enlighten me since so many seem to do it in his name.

Wannabe Yogi

Claiming but not proving, which is why we need social scientists, and probably why you refuse to listen to one.

In fact, despite the evidence provided you keep claiming although it is FALSE. Just like you made claims about diapers even though it was false. This is just bigotry. I cannot imagine Jesus being cool with repeated lying, but perhaps someone else can enlighten me since so many seem to do it in his name.

The funny thing is that I could provide evidence that Christian Fundamentalists are bad parents. Do to things like higher rates of alcoholism, domestic violence and just a much bigger chance of going to prison. Yet this type of argument I find not only prejudice, but bad for society.

Me Myself

Back to my username

The bolded part hasn´t happened once. Do you understand hiding a tree in the forest? Because you still haven´t shown it to me. (hopefully not a hard methaphour)

Now the thing is that before a couple is eligible to adopt children they are inspected. Do you understand this? They check their emotional stability, economic capability, their habits, their history, criminal records and those of the family and friends, etc. Is this easy enough for you to follow?

Not anyone can adopt, be it straigth or homosexual. Now the case you are supposedly supporting is that an homosexual/s that don´t have the history of promiscuity violence or any of the other things that you have not proven once anyways wouldn´t be able to give home to a very needing child that is crying his heart out to get out of the orphanage because you have a big hunch that he would be an unfit parent anyways, because if one gay is the way you think it is, all gays are this way.

You have not shown 1 single reliable study. Is that simple to understand for you? I must ask contiously because you seem to be losing your focus continuosly. Do make sure to properly adress each point. I hope it´s not very hard for you.

So, point at the tree.

:)

no-body

The irony of all this of course being that Jungle and his ilk are one of the main reasons for the higher problems in the gay community in the first place. Maybe when we start treating people like human beings and start accepting them these problems will go away?

Me Myself

Back to my username
The irony of all this of course being that Jungle and his ilk are one of the main reasons for the higher problems in the gay community in the first place. Maybe when we start treating people like human beings and start accepting them these problems will go away?

According to one of the studies he posted which he didn´t check at all, the children from gay parents do exactly this: treat people like human beings.

And they are at LEAST as well raised as the hetero ones.

So he can very well listen to that source if he thought all his sources were trustable. He had no idea that one of his sources supported the end of this discrimination. His lack of background check saw to that. Then he said that it was I the one who hasn´t checked the sources :rolleyes:

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
The funny thing is that I could provide evidence that Christian Fundamentalists are bad parents. Do to things like higher rates of alcoholism, domestic violence and just a much bigger chance of going to prison. Yet this type of argument I find not only prejudice, but bad for society.
Exactly.

It's a bad argument, but even using the flip argument as an example of why it's a bad argument results in complaints of discrimination by the very people whose prejudice started the whole thing.

This reminds me of the scene in the movie Lean on Me where the principle Joe Clark is addressing the school faculty for the time about the school's high rate of violence and low student grades. He tells them: "And take those damn cages down in the cafeteria. If you treat them like animals they're going to behave like animals."

Antiochian

Rationalist

And in the spirit of what was said above, I'd like to remind you of the numerous suicides of gay young people that have made news over the last couple of years. The result of intolerance and bullying. And so far this year, there have been two that we know of.

EricJames Borges, 19, who was disowned by parents who tried to perform an exorcism on him to expel the homo demon.

And Phillip Parsons, 14, severely bullied at school.

I responded to an article about Phillip on Facebook earlier, and feel it relevant to share:

There are emotions within me right now that I have no words to describe. Because I remember what a nightmare high school was--it was straight bootcamp. I remember how kids would follow me on my way home after school almost every day, once telling me they could kill me and hide my body. It really is a wonder I lived to my thirtieth birthday, because I know in those days death seemed like the better option. I'm just overwhelmed with how callous people are. They go to church, they nod as the pastor decries gay "perversion," say their prayers, vote their values, their kids go to school and bully the "dykes" and "*******," and this is the result. Where is the g*dd*mned compassion that we read so much about in the Bible? Mary Griffith said over 20 years ago, "Before you echo 'amen' in your home or place of worship--think--think and remember a child is listening." But I turn on the TV or read the news, and I hear "amen" over and over. "The gays are a threat. The gays are evil." How many more dead kids will have to pile up before people wake the f up?

Christians, ARE YOU LISTENING?