• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Homosexuals Of Alderaan Want Your Children

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I gave a perfectly acceptable answer to a question that was phrased incorrectly.
Since the question had nothing to do with the Bible...

The only reason the word Bible is in the question is to specify which god.

So your reply was in no way an answer to EITHER question asked.

Now I understand that doo doo happens and that perhaps you misread what was written.
I have done just that more than once myself.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ok, then the best definition of all, is "Leave it to Meow Mix to decide. She is the high holy and exalted Empress, the mighty and worshipped." Now fall to your knees and forsake all before me.
That's a better definition than most!

nnmartin

The only reason the word Bible is in the question is to specify which god.
So your reply was in no way an answer to EITHER question asked.
Now I understand that doo doo happens and that perhaps you misread what was written.
I have done just that more than once myself.

Here is the question again:
Originally Posted by Meow Mix
Do you believe that the God of the Bible commands or once commanded that people be murdered for having homosexual sex, yes or no?
Would you consider that bigoted or not, yes or no?

so this question is just worded wrong because according to the Christian theology then Murder is an entirely inappropriate word here due to the fact that:

If God tells you to kill, it is not murder - it is Law and
God cannot be bigoted because his word is the Law.

so the question does not reflect the reality of the issue here.

McBell

Admiral Obvious

so this question is just worded wrong because according to the Christian theology then Murder is an entirely inappropriate word here due to the fact that:

Ah, you are trying real hard to play semantics games instead of just answering the question.

Duck

Ah, you are trying real hard to play semantics games instead of just answering the question.

Of course. He is probably uncomfortable with admitting out loud that his religion calls for the execution of gays for having sex. Particularly in light of the fact that he probably glosses over the other parts of levitical law that he doesn't want applied to his own life.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Here is the question again:
Originally Posted by Meow Mix

So, let´s say a native american god of whom you trust nothing is the one saying "kill homosexuals". Would that be bigoted?

If a native american God says you must kill christians, that would not be bigoted, because his word is law. He is God.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I would consider it the Word of God.

:confused:

Ok, at this point, I'm sorry... but I have to say that it seems to me that you're deliberately trying to be obtuse. That "answer" was just deceitful. I think you know exactly what information I was trying to obtain from you (your moral opinion on the matter), and the fact that it seems (to me) that you were trying to deliberately obfuscate that answer says a lot.

nnmartin, if you want to continue any sort of discussion with me -- I mean any sort of discussion, anywhere -- then you're going to seriously have to start discussing a little more honestly. I can tolerate a lot, but I won't abide that sort of blatant wiggling.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe

Can you answer this question without dodging? Please? Seriously, without squirming around the question, I'd like to see an honest answer, and I can't believe I have to actually beg someone to answer a straightforward question, but it seems in this case like I have to.

If the Bible said "Kill black people because they are inferior," would that not be bigotry since it comes from God?

Please note the "if," and please don't say "that's a stupid hypothetical" or "God would never do that" because this is a HYPOTHETICAL that has a real point. (Again, can't believe I have to struggle this hard to try to get a straight answer, but it seems necessary...)

If yes (that it would be bigoted), then why is commanding the death of homosexuals not also bigoted?

If no (that it would not be bigoted since God is commanding it), then can you please answer straightforwardly whether you would consider a god that commands such a thing to be worthy of worship?

(If no, and you answer that you would NOT consider such a god worthy of worship, then why do you consider a god that commands death for homosexuality worthy of worship?)

Pretty please straight answers without dodging, please?

Agnostic75

Message to nnmartin: Do you oppose homosexuality? If so, why?

The following organizations have offerred a good deal of support to homosexuals:

American Psychiatric Association
American Psychological Association
American Academy of Pediatrics
American Medical Association
American Academy of Family Physicians
American Anthropological Association
Americaion Sociological Association

Last edited:

Agnostic75

nnmartin said:
I would say that the legal angle needs to be looked at the other way round, i.e., those wishing to legalise it need to come up with the reasons.

No, that is not the way that laws work. For example, smokers do not have to provide reasonable proof that smoking cigarettes in public places is healthy. Rather, opponents of smoking cigarettes have to provide reasonable proof that smoking cigarettes in public places is unhealthy. There is not reasonable proof that homosexuality, and/or same-sex marriage, are generally unhealthy for homosexuals, and for society.

People are innocent unless proven guilty, right?

Last edited:

nnmartin

So, let´s say a native american god of whom you trust nothing is the one saying "kill homosexuals". Would that be bigoted?

If a native american God says you must kill christians, that would not be bigoted, because his word is law. He is God.

neither of those situations are necessarily bigoted if that is what your God is commanding you to do.

although I would like to see some form of proof that there is an American god out there saying such things.

nnmartin

:confused:
nnmartin, if you want to continue any sort of discussion with me -- I mean any sort of discussion, anywhere -- then you're going to seriously have to start discussing a little more honestly. I can tolerate a lot, but I won't abide that sort of blatant wiggling.

'wiggling'? - that's a new one! , sounds fun;)

but, you just need to rephrase the question so that it is not completely loaded in favour of the response you are after.

nnmartin

Can you answer this question without dodging?
Only if you can ask the question without dodging, squirming or even wiggling.
If the Bible said "Kill black people because they are inferior," would that not be bigotry since it comes from God?
Please show me a biblical quote that infers this idea.

or even a hypothetical one if you prefer.
When it comes to the Bible and the Lord then making things up just doesn't cut it.

There is nowhere in the Bible that says blacks should be removed so if you are just going to fabricate analogies then how can you expect a genuine answer?

Last edited:

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Only if you can ask the question without dodging, squirming or even wiggling.
Please show me a biblical quote that infers this idea.

or even a hypothetical one if you prefer.
When it comes to the Bible and the Lord then making things up just doesn't cut it.

There is nowhere in the Bible that says blacks should be removed so if you are just going to fabricate analogies then how can you expect a genuine answer?

:facepalm: Sorry, I just think you don't get it and there's no longer any use in attempting to converse with you on this. Have a good day, goodbye.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Can you answer this question without dodging? Please? Seriously, without squirming around the question, I'd like to see an honest answer, and I can't believe I have to actually beg someone to answer a straightforward question, but it seems in this case like I have to.

Please note the "if," and please don't say "that's a stupid hypothetical" or "God would never do that" because this is a HYPOTHETICAL that has a real point. (Again, can't believe I have to struggle this hard to try to get a straight answer, but it seems necessary...)

If yes (that it would be bigoted), then why is commanding the death of homosexuals not also bigoted?

If no (that it would not be bigoted since God is commanding it), then can you please answer straightforwardly whether you would consider a god that commands such a thing to be worthy of worship?

(If no, and you answer that you would NOT consider such a god worthy of worship, then why do you consider a god that commands death for homosexuality worthy of worship?)

I realize that the LGBT community keeps trying to liken their defining characteristic to things like skin color or gender but that's just not how the God of the Bible sees it. The God of the Bible does not view same sex attraction as one of the many wonderful variations he created in people such as different eye color, hair color or skin color. Truthfully, and this may sound harsh, if same sex attraction is indeed rooted in biology and brain chemistry, then to the God of the Bible, it's closer to a sickness. In other words, it is not something he originally intended for man to experience but came into history at the Fall of Man along with all the other forms of sickness and brokenness. To the God of the Bible, no amount of genetic predisposition can excuse behavior that he calls sinful.