• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "I'm Proud to be LGBT" thread

Wills191

I know quite a bit of people who are gay myself... one gay Unitarian minister, one gay alternative-lifestyle yoga, vegetarian, Sufi-ish man, my ex-boyfriend, the guys at Starbucks... XD

Honestly, they're everywhere. Too bad I haven't been able to score a date yet though! :D

:ignore:

That's quite a collection of gay ppl. :D

I apologise aswell if I sounded bigoted when I said I was proud to be gay, I didn't mean straight ppl are anything less than a gay person. I'm just happy to be gay personally that's all...

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
I apologise aswell if I sounded bigoted when I said I was proud to be gay, I didn't mean straight ppl are anything less than a gay person.
You didn't sound that way at all. There's nothing wrong with being happy and content with yourself.

kutulu

i am not gay........

but i do believe gay people have the right to be treated just as horrible as the rest of us ;P

a good friend of mine is a gay priest. lol

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Don't let the bigots bother you, just know that you're not as pathetic as their attempts to put you down and in turn secure their own insecurities.
Honestly, I see people like that as being below me. If someone gets offended by a homosexual or transgender individual, if they are so pathetic that they must attempt to get a rise out of me (or anyone they feel insecure about), then who is the one with issues?

Last edited by a moderator:

zactak

I was slightly surprised to see this topic on the site. I'm used to sites where people try to turn you away from your sexuality or don't talk about it at all. It's refreshing to see there's a group of LGBT on here.

I'm gay and proud to be gay. I don't let it define who I am though.

connermt

Here's how it works. Those of us who are LGBT state why we are proud to be as we are, and share a little about ourselves if we like. I'll begin.

I am proud to be LGBT because I refuse to be ashamed of who I love. Society sees me as different. I am proud to be different. Different people make society interesting and challenge people to create change. My name is Joseph, and I'm proud to be gay.

Next :)

I never understood why someone has to be proud to be a certain way, sexually. Be made VP of your firm? Ace your tests? A parent? Sure, be proud.
But to be proud of something you had no control over....that seems odd.
And this is coming from a gay man.:confused:

Heh...I'm genderless. I prefer male pronouns though as I haven't found a preferred form yet.

So, if I'm genderless, can I even be gay, bi, straight? xD

I think pansexual fits me best. I am more attracted to men, but I love women too.

Definitely not proud. It's the way I am. I would much rather just fit into the gender binary.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
I'm not really proud of being trans. That is just how I was born. However I am proud enough in myself to not let society dictate how I live.

This is what I was getting at with this thread. We have to stand proud and strong when some would have us be ashamed in silence

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Bi and proud. :jam:

To be clear: we should be proud about coming out in a society that does not fully recognize us as equals, not necessarily about our orientation or gender identity. It takes courage, determination, patience, and camaraderie with each other to live openly among others that would rather have us stay quiet at best or dead in the ground at worst. That is what we should be proud about. :rainbow1: