• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Israel/Palestine Discourse Monopoly

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I think the idea of spiritualizing Israel or Israel replacement theory is contrary to the scriptures. Israel is Israel and the church or Body of Christ are distinct entities. From the the scriptures I see that God brings the Jewish people back to the land of Israel, first in unbelief, as we see now. This is in preparation for the Tribulation period where God again focuses on the nation of Israel and bringing her to repentance.
That is interesting.

I used to be a JW so they follow the spiritualized Israel theory.

I spoke to friend today about this and he might hav a slightly different view of yours. He went through how the image of nebuchadnezzar and the 7 churches are interelated, the gentile times, the abomination of desolation, the grafting in and the 144 000. He also sees this situation as a fulfilling of prophecy. I dont know if you and him have the same viewpoing though.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
It see that these days there are those who believe the physical Israel is favoured by god. I wonder how that developed.
Its because of this nonsense spreading through Evangelical churches:

It doesn't even make much sense. The idea that God would still be doing favors for people who rejected His Son is quite bizarre to me. It seems to be saying that Jews don't need Jesus, they have separate rules. It's all just a setup to force Armageddon, anyway. It's where this rapture crap comes from, too.

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
That is interesting.

I used to be a JW so they follow the spiritualized Israel theory.

I spoke to friend today about this and he might hav a slightly different view of yours. He went through how the image of nebuchadnezzar and the 7 churches are interelated, the gentile times, the abomination of desolation, the grafting in and the 144 000. He also sees this situation as a fulfilling of prophecy. I dont know if you and him have the same viewpoing though.
Yes, JW’s and many groups spiritualize Israel or consider themselves to have replaced Israel, including Catholics and many reformed Christian churches. I was raised Catholic, then later joined Mormonism. Both believe they are spiritual Israel. Your friend’s view of the image of Nebuchadnezzar and the 7 churches as interrelated sounds similar to what Seventh Day Adventists teach, but maybe that’s not what your friend is associated with.

InChrist

Free4ever
Its because of this nonsense spreading through Evangelical churches:

It doesn't even make much sense. The idea that God would still be doing favors for people who rejected His Son is quite bizarre to me. It seems to be saying that Jews don't need Jesus, they have separate rules. It's all just a setup to force Armageddon, anyway. It's where this rapture crap comes from, too.
I don’t look at it as God doing favors for people who rejected His Son or in anyway saying Jews don’t need Jesus. Rather, God is keeping His oath and everlasting covenant which He Himself initiated and made with Israel. Neither is God done with the purposes He has for Israel. Plus, as Paul states…

I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew.
Romans 11:1-2

…For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”
28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God areirrevocable. 30 For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience, 31 even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.
Romans 11:25-32

Last edited: