• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Helping Someone Up

Do you ever feel like there’s so much suffering and injustice in the world, it’s impossible to make a difference? We totally get you. In a world where suffering is more of a norm than an exception, it can be easy to feel overwhelmed and disheartened.

But making a difference doesn’t necessarily have to be complicated or expensive. You can help someone no matter who or where you are in life.

You see, helping someone up need not involve grand gestures. Even small acts of kindness can have an incredible impact. Oftentimes, all it takes is a desire to ease other people’s suffering and a willingness to make little sacrifices to make the world a better place.

That’s why, in this post, we’re listing leave this word out some of the easiest ways to lend a helping hand; from practicing empathy and being an active listener to helping someone get their life back together. Whether you want to help out a neighbor down the street or become deeply involved with an organization on a wider scale, these ideas are sure to lift spirits and bring more meaning into your life.

Click here for more -

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try - goodgoodgood.co kindness

For example -

Kindness matters.

Every act of kindness you show can make a meaningful difference in the lives of others. Living out kindness on a daily basis takes practice, but leads to a lifestyle and mindset shift that implores us to meet the world — and each other — with greater empathy and justice.

Kindness asks us to extend our approach beyond niceties and good manners, and into transformative action, compassionate and intentional inclusion, and empowering solutions.

Kindness is a choice, a muscle we all flex, and could frankly use a little more of our attention.

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“If we are asking for the world to be kind, we must first ask what are we doing to add more kindness to the world. If we are asking for the world to be more loving, we must first ask what are we doing to add more love to the world. We are the vessels for the things we seek.”

Joél Leon

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“I honor the sanctity of all religions — I'm not here to put them down. But the only religion that I personally embrace is the religion of kindness.”

Leslie Jordan

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“It is an absolute human certainty that no one can know his own beauty or perceive a sense of his own worth until it has been reflected back to him in the mirror of another loving, caring human being.”

John Joseph Powell, The Secret of Staying in Love

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“The lotus is the most beautiful flower, whose petals open one by one. But it will only grow in the mud. In order to grow and gain wisdom, first you must have the mud - the obstacles of life and its suffering. The mud speaks of the common ground that humans share, no matter what our stations in life. Whether we have it all or we have nothing, we are all faced with the same obstacles: sadness, loss, illness, dying and death. If we are to strive as human beings to gain more wisdom, more kindness and more compassion, we must have the intention to grow as a lotus and open each petal one by one. ”

Goldie Hawn

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“If nature has made you for a giver, your hands are born open, and so is your heart; and though there may be times when your hands are empty, your heart is always full, and you can give things out of that—warm things, kind things, sweet things—help and comfort and laughter—and sometimes gay, kind laughter is the best help of all.”

Frances Hodgson Burnett

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“The belief that unhappiness is selfless and happiness is selfish is misguided. It's more selfless to act happy. It takes energy, generosity, and discipline to be unfailingly lighthearted, yet everyone takes the happy person for granted. No one is careful of his feelings or tries to keep his spirits high. He seems self-sufficient; he becomes a cushion for others. And because happiness seems unforced, that person usually gets no credit.”

Gretchen Rubin, The Happiness Project

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
In order to be kind to others, you must first treat yourself with kindness & gentleness.

So here are a couple of quotes to remind yourself -

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Quotes about humanity - esp the Good Reads site! - for example -

“The simplest acts of kindness are by far more powerful then a thousand heads bowing in prayer.”

Mahatma Gandhi

“Do you know what people really want? Everyone, I mean. Everybody in the world is thinking: I wish there was just one other person I could really talk to, who could really understand me, who'd be kind to me. That's what people really want, if they're telling the truth.”

Doris Lessing, The Golden Notebook

“When we treat people merely as they are, they will remain as they are. When we treat them as if they were what they should be, they will become what they should be.”

Thomas S. Monson

“It is only with true love and compassion that we can begin to mend what is broken in the world. It is these two blessed things that can begin to heal all broken hearts.”

Steve Maraboli

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Living your best life kindness

Roald Dahl, author of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, once wrote, “I think probably kindness is my number one attribute in a human being. I’ll put it before any of the things like courage, or bravery, or generosity, or anything else. Kindness — that simple word. To be kind — it covers everything, to my mind. If you’re kind, that’s it.”

Much more here -

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Our job is to love others without stopping to inquire whether or not they are worthy. That is not our business and, in fact, it is nobody’s business. What we are asked to do is to love, and this love itself will render both ourselves and our neighbors worthy.”

Thomas Merton

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
As a result of more people being impatient, having short fuses, and with everyone always being in a hurry – many people have lost the ability to treat others with kindness and respect.

A kind word, a kind action to another person can really do wonders for them.

When you really study the life of Jesus in the New Testament, you can really tell how kind He always was with other people in His dealings with them.

Jesus is without question, the ultimate role model for all of us of someone who was fully walking and operating in all 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit.

The quality of kindness will go hand in hand with the quality of love. Once the Holy Spirit starts to transmit His love up into you, the quality of kindness will follow right along with it. It will then become much easier for you to be able to be kind to others once the love of God starts to flow more into your personality.

Much more at this site! -

Cheers!