• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The idea for Katie’s Krops began with a nine-year-old girl and a forty-pound cabbage.

Katie Stagliano tended and grew her cabbage until it was enormous and then donated it to a local soup kitchen, where it helped feed over 275 people. Moved by the experience, this young visionary decided to start planting vegetable gardens so she could donate the produce to help feed the hungry.

Katie’s Krops, a collection of student-run gardens feeding the hungry, now has 100 gardens growing across America.

Watch this uplifting story that shows the power of one person to change the world.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
How can I be a better global citizen

We all want to make the world a better place for ourselves and future generations. A happier, healthier and equal world is a good thing for all. Plus, the benefits of doing good things speak for themselves.​

According to studies, doing good for others can improve life satisfaction, happiness levels and mental and physical health. One study found that adults who volunteered about four hours a week significantly decreased their chances of developing high blood pressure.
So, how can we extend this feel good factor on a global scale? How can we become a better global citizen?
A global citizen is someone who has an awareness of the world and how human actions can impact on it.
They’re curious about the environment, nature, human cultures, geology and economics, and how they all connect with each other. They also have a desire to positively contribute to communities to improve life for others.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
What do Global Citizens believe in?

At its core, being a Global Citizen means believing that extreme poverty can be eliminated, and that the resources to end it can be mobilized if enough people take action. It means learning about the systemic inequalities that fuel poverty — racial, ethnic, gender, sexual, and economic inequalities — and joining us in taking action to overcome these in a way that’s sustainable.

Most importantly, it means realizing that when we use our voices together, we are powerful and we can ensure lasting change in the mission to defeat poverty, demand equity, and defend the planet.

Global Citizens recognize the power of advocacy, of shining a light on overlooked issues to rally people worldwide and mobilize ongoing support from those that can drive real change — governments, the private sector, philanthropists, and everyday citizens.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I am very thrilled to launch the A-Z of Raising Global Citizens Series!

From June 1st to June 26th a number of bloggers from Multicultural Kid Blogs Community will post a letter of the alphabet and a word associated with it to explain a concept, an idea or a method of introducing globalization to our children and raising them as global citizens – respectful of our Earth as one country and people its citizens.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
If we are raising children to be global citizens, to be changemakers in the world, and to be leaders in kindness, one of the most important skills we need to help them develop is empathy. I’m sharing today 18 videos about empathy to introduce kids to understanding the feelings of others.

First, what is empathy? Empathy is the ability to understand another person’s condition from their perspective. We often hear about “putting ourselves in their shoes.” It is a key element of emotional intelligence, and a skill that helps us build and maintain relationships. Empathy is the base of tolerance and compassion and kindness. It teaches kids to be helpful and to communicate better. When kids are shown examples of empathy, and are introduced to the meaning, they begin to recognize it in their own lives.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Whether you’re raising little world citizens, or teaching them, you’ll want to be sure to stock your bookshelves with these must-have stories books from around the world. Through books we can help our children first become good world citizens by introducing them to the wonderful and vast differences of humanity around the world, and second by helping them develop the essential “good citizen” skills of compassion, friendship and empathy. The ability to place ourselves in someone else’s shoes is a powerful tool for bridging, understanding, respecting, and celebrating differences from culture to culture.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I’m Becky Morales, co-author of the Global Education Toolkit for Elementary Learners and founder of KidWorldCitizen.org. I developed this incredible resource to be able to share the educational activities that I have used in my classroom and at home with my 4 children to increase global and cultural awareness.

On the Kid World Citizen website, you will find an ever-expanding database of age-appropriate, fun activities gathered from around the world that are organized by topic and by country. I present a range of materials, including games, international celebrations, recipes that please even the most discerning tummies, cultural art projects, endless reviews on children’s literature related to world cultures, and many other activities that help cultivate and expand young minds.

Here are our Top 10 Posts to give you an idea of the incredible resources available:

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Bible verses about helping others emphasize the importance of kindness and generosity. Serving those around you, as well as those far away, is a key component of religion, and as it states in the Holy Book, we must honor one another above ourselves. With everything going on in your life, though, it can be hard to remember the difference you can make by being a reliable source of support to those going through a rough time.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
What is intercessory prayer?

Intercessory prayer is prayer for the needs of others. Praying for others is an unselfish expression of love.

Why does God want us to pray for others? Because intercessory prayer reflects God’s own character of outgoing love and mercy. God wants us to think like He does, and praying for others helps us to think beyond ourselves and to grow in compassion for others.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Not-alone-610x610.png