• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“I have seen human beings do and become terrible things as they destroy the world. I have also learned that only those things made of kindness, justice, and hope can save the world.”

Danté Stewart

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Courage. Kindness. Friendship. Character. These are the qualities that define us as human beings, and propel us, on occasion, to greatness.”

R.J. Palacio, Wonder

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.”

Abraham Joshua Heschel

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate.”

Albert Schweitzer

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“The best life strategy? Be loving, be kind, be intentional, and be authentically you — not the shadow version of self masquerading and parading as you. The version with all the flaws, the baggage, and the love; that you that exists in spite of whatever the world may throw at you.”

Joél Leon

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“With all of the bad things that are happening in the world right now, I think we need a message of togetherness and true unity. I believe that starts with personal reflection and then we can find kindness toward each other.”

Marielle Heller

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Lao Tzu kindness -

“If a person seems wicked, do not cast him away. Awaken him with your words, elevate him with your deeds, repay his injury with your kindness. Do not cast him away; cast away his wickedness.”

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
People want to take humanitarian action in their local communities. You can make a difference by volunteering to do one of our 50 actions.

You get to choose what interests you the most, what would benefit your community and when you do it. To help you find the action of most interest to you, the 50 actions sit across 7 themes. Select a theme below to see all of the action related to it.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“I honor the sanctity of all religions — I'm not here to put them down. But the only religion that I personally embrace is the religion of kindness.”

Leslie Jordan

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.”

George Sand

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Few will have the greatness to bend history itself, but each of us can work to change a small portion of events. It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.”

Robert F. Kennedy

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
When we feel love and kindness toward others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace.

Dalai Lama

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Don't ever mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance or my kindness for weakness. Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength.

Dalai Lama

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Quotation-Charles-Dickens-Have-a-heart-that-never-hardens-and-a-temper-that-7-78-84.jpg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Kindness is an inner desire that makes us want to do good things even if we do not get anything in return. It is the joy of our life to do them. When we do good things from this inner desire, there is kindness in everything we think, say, want, and do.

Emanuel Swedenborg