• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
When you smile and project an aura of warmth, kindness, and friendliness, you will attract warmth, kindness, and friendliness. Happy people will be drawn to you.

Joel Osteen

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
There is no religion without love, and people may talk as much as they like about their religion, but if it does not teach them to be good and kind to man and beast, it is all a sham.

Anna Sewell

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue; these five are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness.

Confucius

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
quote-remember-that-everyone-you-meet-is-afraid-of-something-loves-something-and-has-lost-h-ja...jpg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.

Og Mandino

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Being kind is a matter of making the most powerful, positive choice in the way you respond. It’s easy to react with anger, spite, pity, revulsion or smugness, but more powerful, in the long run, to respond with kindness and respect.

When you disagree with someone, anger will push you further apart. Kindness, even in a disagreement, will help bring you closer together.

There’s nothing of value to be gained by trying to prove how much better you are. There is much to be gained, for everyone concerned, with kindness.

Ralph Marston

Much more at this site -

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
It's perfectly normal to need a dose of positivity here and there when life gets you down. Sometimes just the right quote of encouragement is all you need to turn things around.

Dolly Parton famously said, "Find out who you are and do it on purpose." That doesn't mean it's always easy. Encouragement is the action of giving support, confidence, or hope, and we all need it from time to time.

Between personal and professional obstacles, it's sometimes easy to feel like nothing is going right and we have all been there. Thankfully, writers, philosophers, poets, and others have shared countless uplifting quotes for centuries.

These words of encouragement don't have to be reserved for only the bad days, though. Feel free to add one to a card and send it to a friend, text one to a co-worker, or use them as an Instagram caption (we all know quotes work best, right?).

Whether you're looking for something to uplift yourself or seeking a gentle reminder to send to a friend, let this collection of encouragement quotes lead the way.

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Encouragement Quotes From Literature

For example -

"Whatever happens to you belongs to you. Make it yours. Feed it to yourself even if it feels impossible to swallow. Let it nurture you, because it will."

Cheryl Strayed, Tiny Beautiful Things: Advice on Love and Life from Dear Sugar

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun."

Chris McCandless, Into the Wild

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"I want to be in the arena. I want to be brave with my life. And when we make the choice to dare greatly, we sign up to get our asses kicked. We can choose courage or we can choose comfort, but we can't have both. Not at the same time."

Brene Brown

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Talking about kindness with kids is essential no matter what grade you teach. Whether you’re gearing up to celebrate World Kindness Day on November 13, or you’re simply on a mission to make kindness part of the ongoing conversation in your classroom, excellent kindness books are always helpful. Check out this list of favorite picture books about kindness to add to your shelves.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
It doesn’t matter what grade you teach, students are never too young (or too old) to volunteer or help out. Here are some ideas that help you teach your students compassion and kindness.

1. Create a compliment chain.

Each day when you open class, start a tradition of giving a student in your class a natural, genuine compliment. It’s then that student’s turn to, at some point in the day, bestow a compliment on a fellow student. Keep track of who receives your morning compliment each day so that everyone gets a chance to be part of the chain.

Read the other suggestions here -

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I am a school social worker, otherwise known as the “Teacher of Kindness” according to my elementary school students.

Before the Sandy Hook tragedy, I would say I lived in a bubble of kindness. I always tried to lead with kindness and a smile. I would enter classrooms and do my social emotional lesson with the students, which made me feel good, hoping they had a positive takeaway. Meeting with students, my words were positive and my presence, I believe, to be comforting.

On Dec. 14, 2012, my kindness bubble popped, exploded actually. Living in Sandy Hook as a mom and working as a school social worker in an elementary school two towns over, I can tell you the rainbow went away and the dark clouds took over.

How did this happen? What do I say to the children (my own and my students)? How do I tell them the world is still good, people are good? How do I tell them that it’s going to be okay? That school is safe? How do I do this? The questions in my head went on for quite some time and I’ll admit many are still not answered today.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
You don’t have to look far to find a place where your kindness will make a difference. Kindness improves any situation and every situation where it is given.

It can be all too easy to get caught up in blame, drama, resentment, retribution, and other harmful thought patterns. A little kindness will bring a more positive perspective back into play.

Kindness reconnects you with what matters. Kindness reminds you about the best you can be.

When you’re not sure what to do, let kindness guide you in making a choice. If you’re filled with despair or discouragement, an act of kindness points your awareness in a more positive direction.

Kindness is you being your best. That’s a very powerful and productive way to be.

Right now there’s an opportunity for you to bring new kindness to life. Take that opportunity, and everyone will benefit when you do.

Ralph Marston

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
To celebrate 4000 posts -

Kindness quotes can lead you down the path of being a kinder, more compassionate person. Sometimes, we forget how big of an impact acts of kindness can have on others. So on days where you wake up a bit grumpier than usual, you might want to bookmark this page to help remind you to get back on track. Here are 130+ kindness quotes that’ll make you a nicer person.

All the best!