• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Build Empathy by Normalizing Differences with These Children’s Picture Books on Disabilities

Books can help children become more empathetic to those who may be different from them and answer questions they may have about those with disabilities. Children who themselves have disabilities may find themselves represented in this evolving book list. These books, which emphasize abilities, inspire great conversations around accessibility and social justice.

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
God guide you serving others

Bible verses about helping others emphasize the importance of kindness and generosity. Serving those around you, as well as those far away, is a key component of religion, and as it states in the Holy Book, we must honor one another above ourselves. With everything going on in your life, though, it can be hard to remember the difference you can make by being a reliable source of support to those going through a rough time.

Reaching out to those less fortunate, or a friend who is struggling, can be incredibly meaningful. It's a way to remind them that they are not alone and that God is always watching over them. You can also use them to help you find the strength and inspire you to give back. You can also share these verses with your family and friends to remind them of your love and willingness to lend a helping hand whenever they need it, or so they can do the same for others.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
large_256.jpg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Make someone's day -

Express your gratitude for what is too often taken for granted. We may sometimes take what others do a bit too much for granted. Like the food they cook, how they keep doing their job consistently each and every day or how to they are there to listen when we need it.

Read plenty more suggestions here -

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
As someone who has struggled with being too hard on myself, The Kindness Method is a game-changer. I really love the way books like this make me feel. They help me recognize that it’s okay to be imperfect and that I can still be happy and productive despite my weaknesses.

Loads more at that site!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Book Roo kindness

“I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers.”

Khalil Gibran

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“The greatest cause in the world is joyfully rescuing people from hell, meeting their earthly needs, making them glad in God, and doing it with a kind, serious pleasure that makes Christ look like the Treasure he is.”

John Piper

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Kinder than is necessary. Because it’s not enough to be kind. One should be kinder than needed. Why I love that line, that concept, is that it reminds me that we carry with us, as human beings, not just the capacity to be kind, but the very choice of kindness.”

R. J. Palacio

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Things that cause friendship are: doing kindnesses; doing them unasked; and not proclaiming the fact when they are done, which shows that they were done for our own sake and not for some other reason.”

Aristotle

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“You will learn a lot about yourself if you stretch in the direction of goodness, of bigness, of kindness, of forgiveness, of emotional bravery. Be a warrior for love.”

Cheryl Strayed