• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“We are not here to fix, change or belittle another person. We are here to support, forgive and heal one another.”

Marianne Williamson

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“When I find myself filling with rage over the loss of a beloved, I try as soon as possible to remember that my concerns and questions should be focused on what I learned or what I have yet to learn from my departed love. What legacy was left which can help me in the art of living a good life? Did I learn to be kinder, To be more patient, And more generous, More loving, More ready to laugh, And more easy to accept honest tears? If I accept those legacies of my departed beloveds, I am able to say, Thank You to them for their love and Thank You to God for their lives.”

Maya Angelou

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“If nature has made you for a giver, your hands are born open, and so is your heart; and though there may be times when your hands are empty, your heart is always full, and you can give things out of that — warm things, kind things, sweet things–help and comfort and laughter — and sometimes gay, kind laughter is the best help of all.”

Frances Hodgson Burnett

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“By the goodness of God we mean nowadays almost exclusively His lovingness; and in this we may be right. And by Love, in this context, most of us mean kindness—the desire to see others than the self happy; not happy in this way or in that, but just happy. What would really satisfy us would be a God who said of anything we happened to like doing, ‘What does it matter so long as they are contented?’ We want, in fact, not so much a Father in Heaven as a grandfather in heaven—a senile benevolence who, as they say, ‘liked to see young people enjoying themselves’ and whose plan for the universe was simply that it might be truly said at the end of each day, ‘a good time was had by all’.”

C. S. Lewis

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“That day, I learned that I could be a giver by simply bringing a smile to another person. The ensuing years have taught me that a kind word, a vote of support is a charitable gift. I can move over and make another place for someone. I can turn my music up if it pleases, or down if it is annoying. I may never be known as a philanthropist, but I certainly am a lover of mankind, and I will give freely of my resources.”

Maya Angelou

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“I define vulnerability as uncertainty, risk and emotional exposure. With that definition in mind, let’s think about love. Waking up every day and loving someone who may or may not love us back, whose safety we can’t ensure, who may stay in our lives or may leave without a moment’s notice, who may be loyal to the day they die or betray us tomorrow — that’s vulnerability.”

Brené Brown

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
United Nations documented that there are about 150 million people experiencing homelessness worldwide. And another 20% lack adequate housing. Looking at these numbers, even a grade-schooler can tell that we have a problem with homelessness. And a pretty serious one at that.

Despite this, the topic remains taboo. Only a handful of films and shows depict homelessness for what it is. Most of the time, these films tackle life on the streets. But they rarely show why these people became homeless in the first place. Or how we, as a society, contributed to their plight.

With this, it’s a small wonder why society has a rather dismissive attitude towards homeless people. Yes, being homeless is hard. However, the negative stereotypes and the lack of empathy from others make it more unbearable.

But you and every one of us can help end this social injustice. We must educate people and let them know the real deal about homelessness. Through this, we can change their perception and, consequently, their attitude towards people experiencing homelessness.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Help victims Gaza

Our research has found that after years of blockade and multiple cycles of violence from all parties to the conflict, four out of five children in the Gaza Strip report that they live with depression, grief, and fear. Caregivers reported that three out of five are self-harming. With every airstrike or rocket launched, children’s sense of safety is ripped away yet again, with a devastating psychological toll.

Many are suffering from:
As violence escalates, thousands of children’s lives are at grave risk. Across the West Bank and inside Israel, unrest continues and children live in fear of arrest or displacement.

The only way to truly protect children’s lives and wellbeing is for all parties to halt this violence and do everything in their power to de-escalate the situation immediately, and to seek a lasting and sustainable peace.

Other websites may be worth a visit as well.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
People want to take humanitarian action in their local communities. You can make a difference by volunteering to do one of our 50 actions.

You get to choose what interests you the most, what would benefit your community and when you do it. To help you find the action of most interest to you, the 50 actions sit across 7 themes. Select a theme below to see all of the action related to it.

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A Prayer for Mental Illness:

Dear God, I come to you with a heavy heart. I pray for those battling mental illness. I pray you give them strength to keep fighting. I pray they know that they are loved, wanted, and valued. I ask that you bring a community around them that is godly, loving, and understanding. I pray that they are able to get the help they need. Provide them with the right tools to begin healing. God, I pray for their families whose heart aches for their loved ones who are suffering. Give them the strength to keep fighting too. Be with those who are suffering and let them know that you are there. In Jesus' name, Amen. (Read: Ephesians 6:16-20)

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.”

Kurt Vonnegut, God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater

More quotes -

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The teachings of the Buddha were not to escape from life, but to help us relate to ourselves and the world as thoroughly as possible. The Noble Eightfold Path includes Right Speech and Right Livelihood. These teachings are for people in the world who have to communicate with each other and earn a living.

Deep listening and loving speech is the Fourth Mindfulness Training, and it offers a very good description of Right Speech (samyag vac):

“Aware of the suffering caused by unmindful speech and the inability to listen to others, I am committed to cultivating loving speech and deep listening in order to bring joy and happiness to others and relieve others of their suffering. Knowing that words can create happiness or suffering, I am determined to speak truthfully, with words that inspire self-confidence, joy, and hope. I will not spread news that I do not know to be certain and will not criticize or condemn things of which I am not sure. I will refrain from uttering words that can cause division or discord, or that can cause the family or the community to break. I am determined to make all efforts to reconcile and resolve all conflicts, however small.”

All the best!