• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Encouragement feeling lost

Feeling lost and confused about life, wondering why something did or didn’t happen, not sure what to do, not sure whether to try again or to give up, not sure if you want to stay or leave?

You are not alone and it is only temporary.

With all the ups and downs we experience in this weird and wonderful thing we call life, it’s easy to find yourself feeling like you’re without hope, confused, lost, and overwhelmed. It’s a natural part of the human experience.

Feeling lost is a perfectly normal thing. Seeing it from a positive perspective, it’s a sign that you are evolving as an individual in your mind and spirit. If this is a season you’re in right now, these quotes will help you stay strong through tough times and find your way back to your higher self.

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Encouraging quotes to help you keep going

“We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes―understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.”

Arianna Huffington

“You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching, love like you’ll never be hurt, sing like there’s nobody listening, and live like it’s heaven on earth.”

William W. Purkey

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

Lewis Carroll

“If you believe it’ll work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you don’t believe it’ll work out, you’ll see obstacles.”

Wayne Dyer

All the best

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Inspirational quotes for depression

“On particularly rough days when I’m sure I can’t possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100%, and that’s pretty good.”

“Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside – remembering all the times you’ve felt that way.”

Charles Bukowski from “Gamblers All”

"Mental pain is less dramatic than physical pain, but it is more common and also more hard to bear. The frequent attempt to conceal mental pain increases the burden. It is easier to say, 'My tooth is aching' than to say 'My heart is broken'.”

“I am bent, but not broken. I am scarred, but not disfigured. I am sad, but not hopeless. I am tired, but not powerless. I am angry, but not bitter. I am depressed, but not giving up.”

"I have depression. But I prefer to say “I battle” depression instead of “I suffer” with it. Because depression hits, but I hit back. Battle on."

Many more here -

Enjoy!

Sakeenah

images.jpeg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“You don’t have to move mountains. Simply fall in love with life. Be a tornado of happiness, gratitude, and acceptance. You will change the world just by being a warm, kind-hearted human being.”

Anita Krizzan

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”

Jane Goodall

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“The best way to counteract self-criticism, therefore, is to understand it, have compassion for it, and then replace it with a kinder response.”

Kristin Neff

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Human beings need to have only one act: human kindness. This small act can change a person’s life with only compassion. Kindness begins when you speak words from the heart. Kindness consists of love and the act creates a ripple. Constant kindness can change everything. Only kindness allows you to develop compassion of the deepest significance.”

Anonymous

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“One of the biggest barriers to a Kinder world is the way we speak about Kindness. When we make something sound easy, we don’t allocate the necessary resources, energy, or time to actually improve at it.”

Houston Kraft

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
When we’re going through a difficult time, it’s easy to show more negative emotions. If you’re looking to start over at the beginning of a new year or even a new day, know that it’s still possible to be a good person in 2023. Being a person who does good doesn’t need to be hard. However, there are some actions that people who are kind, thoughtful, and overall well-intentioned do that make them good. So let’s dive into a list of what makes someone good.

What makes a good person is the fact that they’re always kind. Kindness doesn’t need to be insincere. If you have nothing nice to say to someone, you don’t need to speak. Only speak when you have something to say that’s positive and thoughtful. You can be kind to people in so many ways. Holding the door open for someone is a small way to be kind that takes little effort. Wishing someone a happy birthday when you know it’s their special day is another way to be kind. Praising a co-worker’s idea when they share something that will help is always a kind thing to do. Active listening is a really great way to be kind to someone when they speak to you. You can try this loving-kindness meditation to show love and kindness to the people in your life.

Loads more at that site!

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Life presents us each with challenges. While it is often uncomfortable and painful to grapple with adversity, to experience this struggle and to feel pain is to be human. At some point, we will all find ourselves in this place, as will those we love. So how can we help each other? How can we listen when someone we love is struggling, whether it is with a mental health condition or with a painful experience in his/her life?

All the best

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
What to say to brighten someone's day

A simple compliment or kind words can go a long way in making someone’s day. Whether it’s just to tell them you appreciate them, remind them that everything will be alright, or just let them know you’re thinking of them—here are some easy things to say that can put a smile on someone’s face:

Cheers

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Quotes About Depression to Remind You That You're Not Alone

Whether you love someone with depression or have depression yourself, you probably know first-hand just how painful mental illness can be. Depression comes with a number of psychological and physiological effects, such as exhaustion and disinterest in things you once cared about. Even though major depressive disorder (MDD) affects more than 16.1 million American adults, per the Anxiety & Depression Association of America, not enough people talk openly about mental health struggles or how common depression really is. There are plenty of effective resources out there that can help treat depression, including therapy and medication, but depression quotes can also help, if only to provide you with a little bit of hope.

From famous writers to some of your favorite celebrities, several public figures have spoken about their experiences with depression over the years, and their quotes about depression are full of insight and inspiration. Nothing can replace proper treatment from a medical professional, of course, but if you're hoping to better understand your loved one's experience or to make more sense of your own, then these wise words may just help. Here are the best quotes about coping with depression, from those who are still hurting and those who are starting to see the light.

Oooooops - almost forgot 2 include the link -

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The Kindness of Others posted with the permission from the Lama Yeshe Wisdom Archive. In The Kindness of Others Khensur Rinpoche Geshe Jampa Tegchok explains how we can train our mind away from self-cherishing, the cause of all suffering, and develop compassion, the cause of everything that is good. He bases his explanation on Kadampa Geshe Chekawa’s classic text, The Seven Point Mind Training, which, amongst other things, teaches us how to transform problems into a constructive process of growth. Download the complete ebook here in PDF-format (120 pages):

The Kindness of Others

Another huge site!

If you have a few spare hours -

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Here's a lengthy video by a monk I really enjoy listening to.

He came from a very dark place before becoming a monk and now is completely devoted to helping others transform their lives through meditation & mindfulness & loving kindness!

Enjoy your browsing!