• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I win because I'm the first one to suggest that you "Rev up" that engine before selling it.
While it hasn't run in over 50 years, it would take very little to run it.
But I've moved it to another location, where a friend is doing some research & work on it prior to sale.
The tentative sale just happened much faster than I expected.

4consideration

Premium Member
While it hasn't run in over 50 years, it would take very little to run it.
But I've moved it to another location, where a friend is doing some research & work on it prior to sale.
The tentative sale just happened much faster than I expected.
So...are you giving it a lube job?

Work with me here!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So...are you giving it a lube job?
Work with me here!
No, but lubrication was an issue.
The buyer wanted a model with a mechanical lubricator belt driven off the sideshaft.
But he understands that such a model might cost double because they're earlier & rarer.

Odd...

I feel compelled....

Grease me up, woman!

4consideration

Premium Member
No, but lubrication was an issue.
The buyer wanted a model with a mechanical lubricator belt driven off the sideshaft.
But he understands that such a model might cost double because they're earlier & rarer.

Odd...

I feel compelled....

Grease me up, woman!
I can't help it if I'm psychic!

edit: OK. I went shopping. I'm ready now. Let's go!

BTW, when it gets all matted up in your arm and back hair, and dries, and is all uncomfortable for you, I'm not dealing with it. You're on your own.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've been thinking, and not that I'd ever consider reprimanding you for coming up with an online name that is so difficult to use, I mean 4consideration is a little weird and awkward to work with, I know now that...especially to rhyme with...but what were you thinking?

We all know @4consideration
a model true of gentle moderation
never given to overexaggeration
with virtues worthy of enumeration.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I've been thinking, and not that I'd ever consider reprimanding you for coming up with an online name that is so difficult to use, I mean 4consideration is a little weird and awkward to work with, I know now that...especially to rhyme with...but what were you thinking?
My moniker on another forum was BeenHereBeforeBefore, based on my belief in having experienced previous lives in this world as well as the recurrent sense of deja vu. When I came to RF, I changed it for some reason, although I no longer remember why. It's easy to remember, and big/complex enough that it's very unlikely anyone else will have anything similar or as distinctive.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I can't help it if I'm psychic!

edit: OK. I went shopping. I'm ready now. Let's go!

BTW, when it gets all matted up in your arm and back hair, and dries, and is all uncomfortable for you, I'm not dealing with it. You're on your own.

You just had to offer didn't you

There's nary an animal alive that can outrun a greased Scottsman

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
We should reflect high standards in our discourse herein as taken from a learned treatise from 1595:

"It is also a fowle and unseemely thing for thee to make faces, in wrything thy visage into divers formes: or, to rub one while thy nose, another while thy forhead: or, one while to lift up thine eye browes, another while to pull them down too much, or to patter with thy lips; or, one while to thrust out thy mouth too much, another while to pul it in over-much, or to shake thy head, or to cough, unles thou be there too inforced: or to spet oft, or to scratch thy head, to picke thine eares, or to blow thy nose, or to smoothe thy face with thine hand, as if thou wouldest wype away shamefastnes from thee: to bee picking or rubbing thy neck, as if thou wert lowsie: or to clyng in thy shoulders, as some Italians use. All these are evill." William Fiston, The Schoole of Good Manners

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
First in response to learned treatise from 1595

Bear-Showing-Tongue-With-Fluffy-Face-Funny-Image.jpg

and now SURPRISE!!!!!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Only @4consideration can comment on this idea from the 12th century.

"When she combs her hair, let her have this powder. Take some dried roses, clove, nutmeg, watercress, and galangal. Let all these, powdered, be mixed with rose water. With this water let her sprinkle her hair and comb it with a comb dipped in this same water so that [her hair] will smell better. And let her make furrows in her hair and sprinkle on the above-mentioned powder, and it will smell marvelously." The Trotula

4consideration

Premium Member
Only @4consideration can comment on this idea from the 12th century.

"When she combs her hair, let her have this powder. Take some dried roses, clove, nutmeg, watercress, and galangal. Let all these, powdered, be mixed with rose water. With this water let her sprinkle her hair and comb it with a comb dipped in this same water so that [her hair] will smell better. And let her make furrows in her hair and sprinkle on the above-mentioned powder, and it will smell marvelously." The Trotula
What more can I say?

Good fashion, like good manners, never goes out of style. :)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I entered all our income into TurboTax. That was a winning thing to do. The total we owe, so far, is not winning.