• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Other than the chopper flying around for an hour or so at 1am I slept well. I guess the cops were tracking a stolen car or something.

I wonder if the rest of the world is having the car stealing epidemic we're having here? When I drive to the next town which is about 20 minutes away it's usual to pass 3 or 4 burnt out cars these days. A few years ago I'd only see 1 or 2 a year.
I'm not sure I've ever seen a stolen car.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I'm not sure I've ever seen a stolen car.

Hard to miss them here, they're the pile of rusted metal and melted plastic on the outskirts of town. The kids steal them then live stream themselves doing burnouts or baiting the cops into chasing them. Then they set fire to them when they've finished playing.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Other than the chopper flying around for an hour or so at 1am I slept well. I guess the cops were tracking a stolen car or something.

I wonder if the rest of the world is having the car stealing epidemic we're having here? When I drive to the next town which is about 20 minutes away it's usual to pass 3 or 4 burnt out cars these days. A few years ago I'd only see 1 or 2 a year.
I think I have seen maybe half dozen burnt out cars and 1 burnt out truck in the last 50 years.... and those were all car fires along a highway....

burning-car-the-outlaws.gif

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Hard to miss them here, they're the pile of rusted metal and melted plastic on the outskirts of town. The kids steal them then live stream themselves doing burnouts or baiting the cops into chasing them. Then they set fire to them when they've finished playing.
We had an incident of that happening locally once. I can't say its something we often witness.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

In the UK I've only seen two or three burnt out, what a mess, and a couple of police chases. That was in cities.

Where i am now i get annoyed with driver stopping outside the house and leaving their engine running (often with the drivers door left open) while they pop into the shop for something.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
In the UK I've only seen two or three burnt out, what a mess, and a couple of police chases. That was in cities.

Where i am now i get annoyed with driver stopping outside the house and leaving their engine running (often with the drivers door left open) while they pop into the shop for something.
Had a young woman do that at a college I worked in security at. I was not on the night this occured, but she already had a restraining order against an ex-boyfriend and retuned to the college, left her car running and her drivers door open while she went in to get things she forgot. She was gone, I was told about 20 minutes. The ex must have been stocking her, because while she was in the college, he climbed in the back seat and waited for her. She came back, and when she shut the door, he attacked her..... He did end up in jail, but it was after the attack and after the police showed up. The security officer on campus was apparently not patrolling like he should have been. I believe he was fired, deservedly so

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
winning with generations

The Greatest Generation (GI Generation)Born 1901–1927
The Silent GenerationBorn 1928–1945
Baby Boom GenerationBorn 1946–1964
Generation XBorn 1965–1980
Millennial Generation or Generation YBorn 1981–1996
Generation Z or iGenBorn 1997–2010
Generation AlphaBorn 2010-2024
I may have been born in 1945 but I"m NOT a member of the Silent Generation no matter what they say.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

It was like that here not so long ago. Everything changed in a couple of years.