• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

4consideration

Premium Member
I was not aware of that. I started reading up on it, since I was already tired, my eyes got all droopy.

I think I should re-sleep for about 15-20 minutes.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've been doing that for a while now and now I'm in RMD land. I'm not sure being forced to the take the RMD is winning or not, but I'll claim a win.

For the uninitiated, if you were fortunate enough to have a 401k or IRA, there's a required distribution starting at age 70.5.
RMD?
Retirement Money for Dogs?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Wow...I was real wrong on that one...I thought it stood for "Repulsive Monkey Dung"

Actually the stuff of another post.... I first misread what you wrote as Retired Monkey Dung

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's part of the dogged determination of the IRS to make sure ordinary people don't escape taxes while the truly wealthy get all the breaks.
Actually, those in the lower brackets get a lot of breaks unavailable to the wealthy, eg, avoidance of all their capital gains taxes on sale of a primary residence, earned income credits.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Actually, those in the lower brackets get a lot of breaks unavailable to the wealthy, eg, avoidance of all their capital gains taxes on sale of a primary residence, earned income credits.
Sure, they get a few bones tossed to them while the plutocrats feast on "steak".